Hastings

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there!
I recently managed to get a proper neek2o emunand up and running on my 32gb SanDisk sd card. I made the emunand with ModMii and used the latest neek2o rev96. I am using my real NAND for Wii, Gamecube and emulator gaming and want to use my SNEEK NAND for VC and Wiiware games. I injected some wads in the emunand using ShowMiiWads and I use Snort48+ to select which games should be displayed in the emunand Wii. Everything is working as it should but Im interested in using Postloader to get rid of the hassle of using Snort48+. I downloaded the wad from the official site (version 4.7.4) and injected it using wad manager but for some reason it won't load properly. It tells me that it needs a directory to store it's files on and kicks me out. I then proceeded to install Postloader on my real NAND and everything worked fine. Does anyone know a solution to this?
SNEEK neek2o rev96 4.3U
Postloader 4.7.4
SanDisk 32gb sd card
WD 1tb HDD (works fine with everything I've tried so far)

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have an answer to your specific question but have you thought about running your WiiWare and VC games through USB Loader GX? That is how I have my setup and it works perfectly. I use CIOS EmuNAND emulation for almost all of my games and neek2o for the handful of games that will only work with neek2o. If you need me to go into more detail on how to get it working just let me know.

Hastings

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't have an answer to your specific question but have you thought about running your WiiWare and VC games through USB Loader GX? That is how I have my setup and it works perfectly. I use CIOS EmuNAND emulation for almost all of my games and neek2o for the handful of games that will only work with neek2o. If you need me to go into more detail on how to get it working just let me know.

I have a few VC games on my Wii that I use on usb Loader gx but once I run out of space Ill need to unintelligible things. Is there a way to get Wiiware and VC on usb Loader gx without them taking up internal memory?

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. That's the point of having an EmuNAND which you said you had set up and working with neek2o. EmuNAND has no space limits other than the size of the device you are using. Once you install all your WiiWare and VC games into your EmuNAND all you should have to do is set up USB Loader GX and you should be good to go.

I know I'm being kinda vague because I don't know what you level of knowledge is and I don't want to go into huge detail in something you may already know. But if you need a step by step just let me know and I will write something up for you.

Hastings

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes. That's the point of having an EmuNAND which you said you had set up and working with neek2o. EmuNAND has no space limits other than the size of the device you are using. Once you install all your WiiWare and VC games into your EmuNAND all you should have to do is set up USB Loader GX and you should be good to go.

I know I'm being kinda vague because I don't know what you level of knowledge is and I don't want to go into huge detail in something you may already know. But if you need a step by step just let me know and I will write something up for you.

I'd like that very much if you would be willing to do that for me!

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, let me see where you are at by asking you a few questions.

1 - Are you on a Wii or Wii U? (I'm assuming Wii but I figured I'd ask just in case).
2 - What guide did you follow to help you create your neek2o files and EmuNAND? And how did you install your WiiWare and VC games to your EmuNAND?
3 - What version of USB Loader GX do you have installed? Please don't say latest. I need the revision number. The latest is currently r1260.
4 - What CIOSes do you have installed? If you don't know you can follow this guide here (https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/) to run a syscheck and post the results here.

I'm about to be busy here in a few minutes so I may not be able to give you a guide personal to you. But I found a post where a guy I had helped compiled all my responses to him in a single post here (https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-1093#post-6111824). The only thing he didn't include was my advice saying to create a folder called "nand" on your USB drive, set the USB Loader GX custom paths to have EmuNAND point to that folder, then use the "Features" setting to "Dump NAND to EmuNAND". Then use the "WAD Manager" feature in USB Loader GX to install all your WADs to your new EmuNAND. So read over that post and see if it will help you out. Otherwise I'll have something written up for you tomorrow once I get your responses.

Last edited by Clutz450,

Hastings

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First, let me see where you are at by asking you a few questions.

1 - Are you on a Wii or Wii U? (I'm assuming Wii but I figured I'd ask just in case).
2 - What guide did you follow to help you create your neek2o files and EmuNAND? And how did you install your WiiWare and VC games to your EmuNAND?
3 - What version of USB Loader GX do you have installed? Please don't say latest. I need the revision number. The latest is currently r1260.
4 - What CIOSes do you have installed? If you don't know you can follow this guide here (https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/) to run a syscheck and post the results here.

I'm about to be busy here in a few minutes so I may not be able to give you a guide personal to you. But I found a post where a guy I had helped compiled all my responses to him in a single post here (https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-1093#post-6111824). The only thing he didn't include was my advice saying to create a folder called "nand" on your USB drive, set the USB Loader GX custom paths to have EmuNAND point to that folder, then use the "Features" setting to "Dump NAND to EmuNAND". Then use the "WAD Manager" feature in USB Loader GX to install all your WADs to your new EmuNAND. So read over that post and see if it will help you out. Otherwise I'll have something written up for you tomorrow once I get your responses.

1. I am on a softmodded Wii 4.3E
2. I used ModMii to create a neek2o emunand
3. I am using r1260
4. I'm using d2x v10beta53-alt based on IOS 56

I'll have a look at that thread and try to figure it out. Thanks for the help!

One thing Im worried about is faulty compatibility with WW and VC games because I've read a lot about Usb Loader emunand not being able to load all games and that's why I chose neek2o.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB Loader GX by default will use CIOS EmuNAND emulation (meaning d2x) to launch your WiiWare and VC games. I'd say 90% of games if not more will work using this method. There are only a handful of games (Like Castlevania Rebirth) that won't work that way and need to use neek2o. So it sounds like you are right there. All you need to do is setup USB Loader GX to use your EmuNAND.

Edit: Oh and when you used ModMii, did you tell it to create UNEEK or SNEEK? Like is your SNEEK folder stored on your USB drive or SD card. I've heard that UNEEK works better but I have nothing to prove that.

Last edited by Clutz450,

Hastings

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
USB Loader GX by default will use CIOS EmuNAND emulation (meaning d2x) to launch your WiiWare and VC games. I'd say 90% of games if not more will work using this method. There are only a handful of games (Like Castlevania Rebirth) that won't work that way and need to use neek2o. So it sounds like you are right there. All you need to do is setup USB Loader GX to use your EmuNAND.

Edit: Oh and when you used ModMii, did you tell it to create UNEEK or SNEEK? Like is your SNEEK folder stored on your USB drive or SD card. I've heard that UNEEK works better but I have nothing to prove that.
I am using SNEEK neek2o atm. Not being able to play castlevania rebirth is a big let down but I can use my neek2o for the games that don't work on usbloader then I guess

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB Loader GX works WITH neek2o. You can have all your games show and launch from that loader with no problems.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to bed now but just wondering if anything I said or linked you to helped or had found useful. Like I said, I'd be able to help you more tomorrow if you are still having troubles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them