Homebrew postLoader4

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
was just testing the new plugin system, I made a clean install and PL4 setup just fine
went to emu mode and launched snes game (ninja gaiden trilogy) played fine then when exiting to PL4 got a code dump
After that PL4 code dumps on startup after startup logo screen
2egehkp.jpg

deleting emu.conf did not affect anything
deleting all other confs solved the issue
I bet postloader conf was corrupted or something
I managed to backup those conf files before deleting them so that we can detect the bug
here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ng10nq76ptz8ais/ploader-conf.rar?m

:)

Edit: Ah and this time it happened again just after building the homebrew cache and exiting.
then same dump on startup, so emulators might have nothing to do with this

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It seems related to the theme.cfg you are using... I will look on your files, thank you !

Forget this, it should be unrelated.

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Just letting you know on first run (completely new config files created on startup) there were a couple of DSI exceptions when in the Homebrew page. Seems OK now the screens are populated though.

Also, although I'm sure it worked immediately after I installed the new version (clean, full install), it hangs when I try to boot into NEEK20 by selecting 'NEEK2O' on the bottom menu bar, then selecting 'Direct Mode'. No changes have been made to the NEEK nand and using nswitch's boot.dol works perfectly if I launch this form the PL Homebrew page. Can't test the IOS254 method as I have bootmii installed so always use direct mode.

Hope the info helps.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you zfa. I've tested the latest 4.3.0 with a massive number of homebrews (exactly 223, thank to MassiveRican) without any dsi or problem, so this is really odd. I will look also on neek2o problem, but I'm pretty sure it is working for me, so the two problems may be related.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So it is working fine now ?

That's quite crazy... thank you for the update...

Please zfa, can you try switch to another theme.

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
So it is working fine now ?

That's quite crazy... thank you for the update...

Please zfa, can you try switch to another theme.

Well the DSI exceptions were just on first run so I can't reproduce them any longer. In any case once they've happened and you restart PL it's all OK so probably nothing to worry about (I'm guessing it may be something to do with having empty config on first run or something??).

As for the NEEK2O thing. I changed themes and it worked (although for some reason I had to reload my channel cache in NEEK...). However after trying a couple more times I now see it's just one of those 'sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't' problems. You know... the very annoying types of problem that are a pain to trouble-shoot and fix! Sometimes that button works, sometimes it's just a hang before getting to NEEK.

Reactions: stfour

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think I've replicated one time the issue... but no hang, just select neek2o and do nothing... on the next retry it started. Did you experienced this ?

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I've replicated one time the issue... but no hang, just select neek2o and do nothing... on the next retry it started. Did you experienced this ?

Kind of depends on our definitions!! My actual symptom is that on being selected it 'black screens' then does nothing more, just stays like that. And for me also, yes, sometimes it fails, sometimes it works.

From what I can see there seems to be no way to force one result or the other (i.e. it isn't if it is launched from HBC then it's one behavior and from the forwarder another etc.). It really does appear 'random' and I know how annoying that can be!!

Reactions: stfour

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Yes, postLoader support virtually any plugin that wiiflow supports. It just use a different configuration file ;)
stfour I'm planning to make a PL4 Masterpiece with all plugins available so far, I might need some help making a full plugin cfg file.
also if custom path is supported it will be easy to use same plugin folder

Reactions: MassiveRican

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is nice !

I'm considering to simply add a tag for dol searching. Something like this

dolpath=usb://ploader/plugins|usb://wiiflow/plugins|usb://wiiflow/plugins/retroarch-wii|sd://ploader/plugins|sd://wiiflow/plugins|sd://wiiflow/plugins/retroarch-wii

so it will easier to configure.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
stfour I'm planning to make a PL4 Masterpiece with all plugins available so far, I might need some help making a full plugin cfg file.
also if custom path is supported it will be easy to use same plugin folder
intersting you mention that. I was actually thinking of making a quick app to convert all plugin INI's to one postloader config file. I'll see if I can ger that to you to test.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Yes, postLoader support virtually any plugin that wiiflow supports. It just use a different configuration file ;)
very nice. I think + pretty much get the idea from comparing to wiiflow but just a couple things I'm not so sure on, what are titlelow and titlehi for and what's the difference between loader and loadername?

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
very nice. I think + pretty much get the idea from comparing to wiiflow but just a couple things I'm not so sure on, what are titlelow and titlehi for and what's the difference between loader and loadername?

loader is the full path of the loader (for example usb://apps/postloader/boot.dol)
loadername is the name of the loader (postLoader in this case)
titlelow titlehi are the id of return to channel (POST for postloader)

loadername, titlelow, titlehi are supported only by snesgx, vbagx, fceugx and I feel that you can skip them. Fix has added initially, they currently work, but I've see that wiiflow no more use them.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
postLoader 4.4.1

* added new tag to plugin.conf to specify alternate dol search path (more info in the the file)
* removed option menu
* when a an icon is clicked, a full res cover is displayed.
* postloader binary configuration file is no more resetted if size changes
* emuBrowser: fixed filters issue if plugins.conf file is modified
* changed, again, sigh :( semaphores in covercache, hoping that this will stop occasionally hangs
* various fixs...

postLoader 4.4.0

* covers are scaled down to save memory
* added "Enable TEX cache" in "config->advanced option". If enabled a folder /ploader/tex will be created, and a rgb raw texture will be saved.
This give a great boost on cover update speed but require up to 144Kb per covers on the device. Note that disabling it will remove all cached textures.
* covers lookup for emus is much faster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...