Homebrew postLoader4

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Please, can you try with b27 and let me known ;)

postLoader 4.b27

* DM should now to work also without SD
* Moved "Exit" button to the far right of bottom bar
* Added "Restart postLoader" to Exit menu
* Added very basic virtual keyboard
* Added NMM option to DML 1.x and DM 2.x modes
* Added "parental control" password (CONFIG->Set parental control). This will disable all advanced and dangerous for kids options of postloader. If you loose your password you have to delete /ploader/ploader.cfg
* postloader configuration file (ploader.cfg/pldneek.cfg) is better checked for inconsistency
* fixed postloader issue with genplusgx plugin
* Added proper boot screen when executing dm/dml
* Game preview for emulators is now bigger

Reactions: 1 person

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
tried b27 now,
thanks for fixing Genesis :)
201 pages of emulator games displaying smoothly, go yo page is neat and clean too :) no more crashes
Exit button of far right looks natural ;) you might still need to place the disc and neek btn to far left now or just change the about btn position if you wish

Wiimednafen still unable to mount usb, might need same fix used for Genesis
I'll test Wii/GC modes later
Thanks stfour
:)

Reactions: 1 person

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
* DM should now to work also without SD: Works
* Moved "Exit" button to the far right of bottom bar: Works, all functions work okay
* Added "Restart postLoader" to Exit menu: Works
* Added very basic virtual keyboard: Works
* Added NMM option to DML 1.x and DM 2.x modes: Works, now I don't need an SD card in my Wii anymore for anything! Woo!
* Added "parental control" password (CONFIG->Set parental control). This will disable all advanced and dangerous for kids options of postloader. If you loose your password you have to delete /ploader/ploader.cfg: Works
* postloader configuration file (ploader.cfg/pldneek.cfg) is better checked for inconsistency
* fixed postloader issue with genplusgx plugin: Works, boots directly into the ROM now, instead of just sitting on the main menu
* Added proper boot screen when executing dm/dml: Works, looks like the Wii game/Homebrew launching screen
* Game preview for emulators is now bigger: I didn't pay attention, but it seems bigger

That's the quick once-over I gave it; seems like everything is working so far.

Edit: One thing you may want to consider adding to the parental control list: Not allowing hidden homebrews and channels to be shown without entering the password. It doesn't ask for a password when I press start -> view options -> show hidden applications/channels.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've tested wiimedfaden quickly. It seems to work okay. I've only added the following line:

005=WiiMednafen;wiimednafen-mod2.dol;/wiimednafen/roms/;nes,fds,nsf,unf,nez,unif,gen,md,smc,fig,sfc,swc,agb,gba,bin,elf,mb,dmg,gb,gbc,cgb,sgb,vb,lnx,ngp,ngc,pce,ws,wsc,7z,zip
EDIT2: as pointed out elsewhere, not all of the working extensions were mentioned. I added the missing ones (bolded).

note: this means that roms need to be in SD:\wiimednafen\roms all together instead of in their subfolders. Obviously, I haven't tested all the different gametypes yet (only virtual boy - vb - files).
EDIT: quickly tested a .gb, .nes and a .zip file (with a gb file in it). Those also seem to work.

Also: the line of the wii64 needs a small change: the "zip" needs to be changed to "rom". As I've stated earlier, wii64 can't read files in zip. On the other hand, some games in .rom format work just as fine as .z64 and .v64 ('F-zero X.rom' is proving it as I type this post :P ).

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
005=WiiMednafen;wiimednafen-mod2.dol;/wiimednafen/roms/;vb,nes,fds,nsf,unf,nez,unif,gen,md,smc,fig,sfc,swc,agb,gba,bin,elf,mb,dmg,gb,gbc,cgb,sgb,zip

I haven't yet tested it, but doing something like that should work

005=WiiMednafen (VirtualBoy);wiimednafen-mod2.dol;/wiimednafen/roms/vb;vb.......
006=WiiMednafen (NES);wiimednafen-mod2.dol;/wiimednafen/roms/nes;nes.....
etc etc...

then use filter to choose the appropriate group... ;)

Yes, I've added roms extension checking for your request on wii64, and I've forgotten to remeve zip :P :D

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I've tested wiimedfaden quickly. It seems to work okay. I've only added the following line:

005=WiiMednafen;wiimednafen-mod2.dol;/wiimednafen/roms/;vb,nes,fds,nsf,unf,nez,unif,gen,md,smc,fig,sfc,swc,agb,gba,bin,elf,mb,dmg,gb,gbc,cgb,sgb,zip

note: this means that roms need to be in SD:\wiimednafen\roms all together instead of in their subfolders. Obviously, I haven't tested all the different gametypes yet (only virtual boy - vb - files).
EDIT: quickly tested a .gb, .nes and a .zip file (with a gb file in it). Those also seem to work.

Also: the line of the wii64 needs a small change: the "zip" needs to be changed to "rom". As I've stated earlier, wii64 can't read files in zip. On the other hand, some games in .rom format work just as fine as .z64 and .v64 ('F-zero X.rom' is proving it as I type this post :P ).
I'm trying to load Master system with mednafen, roms are on USB getting (unable to mount USB) error

lost_loven

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Every startup displays the devices usb and sd in homebrew. I switch to usb and restart or reboot and shows both devices again.
Anything I can change or edit on my end?

lost

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

I'm trying to load Master system with mednafen, roms are on USB getting (unable to mount USB) error
Master system...aren't those .sms files (Sega Master System)? If so, you shouldn't forget to add that to the extension list (unless you're playing them zipped, of course).

I can't test things on USB right now, I'm afraid. On my neek2o nand, it's still pretty normal that only SD is supported on emulators.

@[member='stfour']: I'll see if I can cook up and test a huge number of emulator filters. :) (damn...I barely ever HEARD from some of these emulators :P ).
EDIT: though it seems to work, the result ain't that pretty. There are 13 different subfolders in wiimednafen (from 'game boy' to 'wonderswan'). Adding them all puts about 18 very broad buttons on the screen (the name "wiimednafen\roms\insertnameofemulatorhere" kinda stretches things ;) ). I'll see if I can rearrange it.
(also: the thing crashes on me. I think the conf-file doesn't like spaces and/or whitelines).

EDIT 2: okay...without whitelines, the thing doesn't crash. Unfortunately, spaces in the name of the folder are also an issue. And those are default file structure for quite some wiimedfaden some names (eg: "G:\wiimednafen\roms\Game Boy Advance").
That'll mean that for the next beta, the part that reads the .conf file needs to be adapted so it understands spaces in the name aren't the end of the pad. Also...I'd strongly suggest to leave the full path name of the roms out of the filter page. With 13 extra emulators being available, you really don't want to have each one take up much room.

EDIT3: sorry...must've made a wrong conclusion there. Removed erroneous parts.

Reactions: 2 people

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
No luck with mednafen yest though I added all extensions to cfg file:
005=Master;wiimednafen.dol;/roms/master;sms,gg,sc,sg,nes,fds,nsf,unf,nez,unif,gen,md,smc,fig,sfc,swc,agb,gba,bin,elf,mb,dmg,gb,gbc,cgb,sgb,zip

I'm constantly getting, (unable to mount usb device) error

Please help!

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No luck with mednafen yest though I added all extensions to cfg file:
005=Master;wiimednafen.dol;/roms/master;sms,gg,sc,sg,nes,fds,nsf,unf,nez,unif,gen,md,smc,fig,sfc,swc,agb,gba,bin,elf,mb,dmg,gb,gbc,cgb,sgb,zip

I'm constantly getting, (unable to mount usb device) error

Please help!

The same here... :(

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering, would this make it so jpg files were supported in covers.emu?

In browserEmu.c:
Code:
static void MakeCoverPath (int ai, char *path)
{
sprintf (path, "%s://ploader/covers.emu/%s.jpg", vars.defMount, GetFilename(emus[ai].name));
if (!fop_FileExist(path))
sprintf (path, "%s://ploader/covers.emu/%s.png", vars.defMount, GetFilename(emus[ai].name));
//grlib_dosm (path);
}

Even if that does work, I wonder if there'd be a noticeable time delay as a result. :/

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Even if that does work, I wonder if there'd be a noticeable time delay as a result. :/

Yes this is clearly an error... thank you.

covercache thread verify itself the availability of the cover...

Sometimes when i exit using restart pl option it reloads the dol on usb!
Lauching channel from sm always loads pl from sd.
Mednafen is only problem left, will you fix this by updating the plugin or pl?
Thanks

I will try... i'm surprised that it works for wever...

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I downloaded the newest version i installed it by setting postbootergui to autoboot in priiloader, and everything works but my wii games don't show up :(

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I hope you are not using a wbfs partition... wbfs partitions are not supported by postloader, just fat and ntfs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays