Homebrew postLoader4

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm... Running b30 under d2xv6[56] with a NAND on my USB (FAT32 formatted, NAND in subfolder /nand/) drive won't load any Wiiware/VC (well, I've tried about a dozen).

Launching normally or via apploader results in an error like:

running search_and_read_dol
read_full_file_from_nand
failed -160
ERROR: reading TMD failed
ERROR: (boot_title) .dol loading failed.
Rebooting

I've para-phrased but that includes all the functions and salient error messages. The 'read' and 'failed' lines also include references to the tmd of the wad I'm trying to launch. Not sure what's gone wrong to be honest, the TMD (whatever that is) is clearly accessible as Mighty Channels (MOD) still works.

Troelzkii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
stfour said:
Troelzkii said:
WiiMC still not working unfortunately. I still get an "invalid DVD error" when I start through postloader. When started through HBC there is no problem.

Thank you for your report. Anyway I will need help on this... my knowledge isn't enough. I will be back on this as I have completed the nand switcher.

Thank for the information. If you need any additional testing just let me know
wink.gif

I heard somewhere that forwarder channels for WiiMC also had some issues, and that it was related to WiiMC required something (parameters?) that HBC set before loading anything. Not sure if this is at all the same, but maybe it would be a good idea to ask somebody who have made a forwarder channel for WiiMC. I do not know anyone unfortunaltely...

Thanks for your hard work on this fantastic application
wink.gif

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Everyone who have problems running wiiware/vc should try this version

>

waiting for reports before start slapping myself
shy.gif

EDIT: Link corrected

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
New version (b30t1) still fails for me. I get a new line confirming I'm running with IOS249 in the error output, and the text seems to take a little longer to appear, but otherwise it appears to be the same general error:

Failed -106, Reading TMD failed, .dol loading failed Rebooting etc.

Oh well.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank zfa for your report(s). Not beeing able to reproduce the error make me crazy.
frown.gif

AFAIK -106 means that the file isn't accessible or not exist.

Anyway b30t1 solves an issue on alternate (different from 249) ios loading.

Maybe you can try triiforce r91 and tell me if it works ok for you.

Thank you again

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi stfour,

I could only find triiforce r92 to download (hope this helps). On moving my NAND to the root of my USB (as it needs, I think), running it and specifying that I'd like to use my USB-NAND it threw a hell of a lot of ISFS_OPEN errors:

.ISFS_OPEN /title/00010001//data/banner.bin failed -106.

then goes back to what appears to be the game launching selection screen (never used it before so not sure if this is the normal behaviour) where you pick video mode etc. Selecting start here just loads Bit-trip (one of my games).

As I now had my NAND folders on the root of the USB I decided to see what postloader would do with this configuraiton so after rebulding the title cache I launched a game and to my surprise it worked... it therefore appears to be something to do with the new NAND path stuff I guess.

In order to verify (and make sure it wasn't just some dodgy config that had been flushed by moving my NAND path) I moved my nand folders back into the /nand subfolder (USB://NAND in your parlance) and the errors re-appear with no games launching.

Hope this helps - looks like it's this new path thing.

I can work around it now I know the issue, although I did like the path thing so be good if you could get it working.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This help greatly ! Thank you very much for your effort !

I've different nand folders on my usb. But for sure the nand in the root contains any title of the subfolders. Maybe this is why I can't reproduce the problem.

I'm preparing a slightly modified version of nandbooter capable to write a log file to sd if it fails. I'm adding some more messages, to be sure to have all available for debugging and solve this problem.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
zfa, if you have some time to spent to help me, can you try this version ?

>

I have made some little changes, the most important one that this version should write a log file (nb.log) on the root of sd. If you can send me the log (attach to a pm)....

I've not tested it (I can't until this evening), so I'm not sure it is working....

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Very good... it isn't passing the folder argument. Now I need to search where they are lost
blink.gif
. Thank you for your great help !
wink.gif

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm debugging the uneek nand switcher... if there aren't big problems I think it will be released before the end of the week.

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Perfect! Tried a half dozen or so Wiiware/VC and they all work when launched from within the subfolder. Many thanks for your work on this, it's a great app.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
zfa said:
Perfect! Tried a half dozen or so Wiiware/VC and they all work when launched from within the subfolder. Many thanks for your work on this, it's a great app.

wink.gif

postLoader2 b31 (main dol it is the same as b30t3)

CODE* pl: corrected nand folder argument passed to nandbooter (this was preventing booting titles from alternate nand folders, thx to zfa for his help in debugging)
* nandbooter: is now able to write a log file to sd (sd://nb.log) if fails to boot a title
* nandbooter: changed ISFS_Initialize position (after enabling emu...)
* nandbooter: better debug messages output
* updated priibooter.dol to support future plneek.dol (that will be the neek nand switcher)

download in the first post

(maybe someone could try the online update and tell me if it works)

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must be doing something wrong...everything with this app is working for me except the nand emulator. I can see my apps on both my SD and USB (FAT32) partition. My nand is in a "nand" folder on the root of my usb drive (FAT32). When I select nand source, usb://nand and then try to rebuild the titles I get "cannot enable nand emulator ret=-101". Note that the same folder structure works with Mighty Channels, Uloader and Wiiflow R414. I am also using the latest D2X package. Any help is appreciated.

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I had set them both to primary, in order to get Mighty Channels to work I had to add arguments "usb=auto" and "partition=1" (which would make me think it IS the 2nd partition), and I also had to specify the ios (249) in the meta.xml file.
I'm hoping you're not going to tell me I need to have it as the first partition
wink.gif

Thanks.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
borissaid said:
I'm hoping you're not going to tell me I need to have it as the first partition
wink.gif

Oh yes ! I need to say that
biggrin.gif

Don't matter... let me see how this can be changed... anyway please confirm that you can select the right usb://nand folder that is on 2nd partition via postloader user interface.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.