Hacking Post your scary moments, if you had any when doing the A9LH CFW install:))

retrofan_k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd create this thread for fun, as I just installed a9lh/luma cfw successfully today on my Jp n3ds and had one "scary moment of a possible brick". So would just like to hear other users who succesfully did their consoles, yet had some moments of "Fu$k" I think I may have bricked it"

I'll start with mine here whilst I was following the guide:

Section III - Getting the OTP

I had just previously unbricked the rednand via OPThelper and successfully booted into 2.1.0, yet when i tried the URL in order to load OPThelper, I got the following 003-1099 error (keep in mind, I forgot what this code mean't, plus everything was in Japanese lol:)

I saw this and my heart skipped a beat, thinking frantically on what this was and what to do next. The thoughts were "Sh*t, my console's browser is screwed somehow?", "did I have have Wifi enabled previously?

"What if I cannot get back to 9.2, as I got no 4.xx retail carts or hard mod available and then checking I had my nand backups at the same".

For 10-15 mins, I realized the Wifi settings were not configured in the settings, so luckily, I set them accordingly and went ahead with the OTP retrieval.

All is well now, as it's fully a9lh configured and it's nice to join the master race.

solress

Not a dev
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
After installing the a9lh I, forgot & deleted the arm9loaderhax.bin and my 3ds didn't boot. The only think I was thinking was: "Oh, well. I hope the warranty helps me again".
I forgot to add the a9lh.bin as well the first time I had it set up. I was trying everything to fix my console until I realised what I had forgotten.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot the arm9.bin and arm11.bin on my JP o3DS system on the 2.1 steps, so that's probably the only time I was a bit worried, but I had Sky3DS+, so I wasn't exactly losing my mind. Then I just decided to recheck all my files, and saw the issue, and was relieved. But I've never really panicked or have freaked out. Done 11 systems so far. 3 of them have been after the 11.0 update was released. I want to keep doing more... lol

Reactions: emuashui and Ricken

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
The a9lh installer from 3 months ago did a nand restore without prompting me, and without the guide at the time mentioning this. Then I got a blue screen when it said it was finished installing.

3 months later (aka 3 days ago) I get the console back and safea9lhinstaller uses the same otp successfully.

(Also, pointing out semantics, a9lh is as much a cfw as menuhax; they're both entry points.)

Last edited by evandixon,

retrofan_k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I forgot the arm9.bin and arm11.bin on my JP o3DS system on the 2.1 steps, so that's probably the only time I was a bit worried, but I had Sky3DS+, so I wasn't exactly losing my mind. Then I just decided to recheck all my files, and saw the issue, and was relieved. But I've never really panicked or have freaked out. Done 11 systems so far. 3 of them have been after the 11.0 update was released. I want to keep doing more... lol

This was my 1st one (my only console) so was freaked out a bit at the OTP section when it didn't go to plan. If, I do more, it be quicker I reckon now, as it's not that hard, as what some say it is to do.

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
Forgot to copy the arm9loaderhax file to root, luckily there's a nice troubleshooting guide that explains what to do on a black screen which to me sounded like my problem which was the blue light turns on briefly then a it doesn't power on.

Reactions: retrofan_k

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I installed a9lh on my 2DS last night as an experiment...good grief, what a long and tedious process!!!!! My scariest part was, as it pushed 1 am, that I would sleep through my alarm and be late for work today :P I have 2 other 3DS XL units and my n3DS to do, now...the n3DS is my primary unit, so I'm sure I'll have some terrifying moments when I get to that! XD

Ramzh

I am a living meme
Trophies
XP
Country
Everytime I had a black sceen stuck on the N3DS while it was on or while all those writings from the downgrader and other stuff were stuck on the sceen...Basically every single steps during the A9LH installation! :P

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was my 1st one (my only console) so was freaked out a bit at the OTP section when it didn't go to plan. If, I do more, it be quicker I reckon now, as it's not that hard, as what some say it is to do.
I get that, but the first 3DS console I did, wasn't even any of my own! But I still had a huge rush out of going through the process~. Also, my friend was pretty confident I could do it. Got a free Sky3DS+ out of it, which has been an amazing tool for every A9LH install I've done after that one. :) I've even done some while I've been drunk, while having late night girl talks with my cousin... lol...

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a blackscreen on boot when I downgraded to 2.1. Removed my card, and continued on. Couldn't figure out why the browser exploit wouldn't work. Turns out it was because I removed the SD card :|

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shutting of my new 3ds and turning it back on. I had no idea you where not suppose to because it was never written now I get a warning error. Recovery mode just reboots the system. I am hoping there will be a fix since it does not seem like a brick. It probably is though however at the same time I can't read japanese

In the long run i have learned to accept bricks. Do not discriminate them!

Reactions: espen

espen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
it took me five attempts before mu o3ds would successfully downgrade to 2.1 (must have been some junk in the system, I know I did it all right) So, when I went to do it to my then brand new n3ds... you can imagine how scary it was... thankfully everything went as it should

retrofan_k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Shutting of my new 3ds and turning it back on. I had no idea you where not suppose to because it was never written now I get a warning error. Recovery mode just reboots the system. I am hoping there will be a fix since it does not seem like a brick. It probably is though however at the same time I can't read japanese

In the long run i have learned to accept bricks. Do not discriminate them!

At what point in the process did you switch it off? if you have backups, you could possibly restore it.

solress

Not a dev
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
it took me five attempts before mu o3ds would successfully downgrade to 2.1 (must have been some junk in the system, I know I did it all right) So, when I went to do it to my then brand new n3ds... you can imagine how scary it was... thankfully everything went as it should
Did you update to somewhere higher than 9.2 before downgrading?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021