Hacking Post your questions about which flashcart to buy

bitrunner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys and gals, I'm new here and unsure of what card to buy. Thanks for the format, hope you can help!

Use: Games
Price Range: Preferably cheaper than the DS itself.
smile.gif

Slot 1/2: Don't really care, but I would prefer Slot 1.
Built in or expandable memory: Expandable.
GBA compatibility: Yes, I would like to be able to play GBA roms on it.
Special features: Must have drag and drop since I use Linux exclusively.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: DSTT, M3 Real Perfect Bundle, CycloDS, Acekard (but I think this one only works on Windows)
Support slot-2 GBA: For what? Games?
Support slot-2 rumble packs: Yes I would like the Rumble pack. That 3-1 expansion looks neat.
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser): Don't really care. Would be maybe nice to boot Linux on it some day, but still maintain the ability to play ROMs.

THank you!
yaynds.gif

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys and gals, I'm new here and unsure of what card to buy. Thanks for the format, hope you can help!

Use: Games
Price Range: Preferably cheaper than the DS itself.
smile.gif

Slot 1/2: Don't really care, but I would prefer Slot 1.
Built in or expandable memory: Expandable.
GBA compatibility: Yes, I would like to be able to play GBA roms on it.
Special features: Must have drag and drop since I use Linux exclusively.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: DSTT, M3 Real Perfect Bundle, CycloDS, Acekard (but I think this one only works on Windows)
Support slot-2 GBA: For what? Games?
Support slot-2 rumble packs: Yes I would like the Rumble pack. That 3-1 expansion looks neat.
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser): Don't really care. Would be maybe nice to boot Linux on it some day, but still maintain the ability to play ROMs.

THank you!Â
yaynds.gif
slot-2 GBA means something in the slot-2 to play GBA roms (though future developments may make this unnecessary
rolleyes.gif
). I think you should get the m3 real perfect bundle (all of those you listed have drag&drop functionality) or Cyclo+3-in-1. M3 real perfect bundle is the cheapest, but the Cyclo has some more features than the m3 such as RTS. If you buy the Acekard and a GBA expansion like the 3-in-1, it will end up very expensive, actually close to the cost of the DS itself. But if you really want dual memory, open source, and tighter integration with the 3-in-1, get the AKRPG+3-in-1.

detourne_me

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use? GBA Games, web browsing
Price Range? up to $100
Slot 1/2? Slot 2, compatible with R4
Built in or expandable memory? preferably Micro SD
GBA compatibility? yes please
Special Features
I would like to be able to use the opera web browser, or perhaps a homebrew browser if one exists.
I would also love for it to be flush with a DS Lite, like the dust cover.

Thank you!

thejellydude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for a new flashcard (I currently have an M3 Simply), and have been looking into the M3 Real, and TTDS

My criteria:
Use?
For mostly everything. I use my Simply for ROMs(Homebrew), Music (Through moonshell), etc.
Price Range?
Anything that's not too overpriced. for the card itself, up to $70
Slot 1/2?
Built in or expandable memory?
Expandable, and SDHC
Special features?
Auto-DLDI would be nice, but not necessary. Also GBA support, and as previously mentioned, SDHC
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular
M3 Real and TTDS (I've heard Cyclo is good, but I'm unsure how difficult it would be to use GBA ROMS. If some could explain the steps, it would be much appreciated)
Other?
I'm probably going to get a Class 6, 4 Gig. SDHC micro card.

Support slot-2 GBA?
Yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs?
Don't care
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)?
Don't care

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking for a new flashcard (I currently have an M3 Simply), and have been looking into the M3 Real, and TTDS

My criteria:
Use?
For mostly everything. I use my Simply for ROMs(Homebrew), Music (Through moonshell), etc. - M3 DS REAL or Cyclo
Price Range?
Anything that's not too overpriced. for the card itself, up to $70 -Â M3 DS REAL
Slot 1/2?
1 - - M3 DS REAL
Expandable, and SDHCÂ - Cyclo or M3 DS REAL
Special features?
Auto-DLDI would be nice, but not necessary. Also GBA support, and as previously mentioned, SDHC - M3 DS REAL
M3 Real and TTDS (I've heard Cyclo is good, but I'm unsure how difficult it would be to use GBA ROMS. If some could explain the steps, it would be much appreciated)
- I have the M3 DS Real, and I am more than happy with it. However I have crap microSDs, and not happy about the fact, that it needs high speed microSDHC. So I am thinking of buying "Acekard RPG" with "6 gig microSDHC". So I would be able to play games such as Castlenavia in the nandflash memory, and other things in the microSD.
Other?
I'm probably going to get a Class 6, 4 Gig. SDHC micro card.  -Â A class 4 Kingston is fine, as far as I have heard from people arround.

Support slot-2 GBA?
Yes - M3 DS REAL, natively with GBA EXPANSION
Don't care  - Most carts can do that.
Don't care - With patching and a corrosponding slot 2 will do it or an expansion.

wiithepeople

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use? GBA Games, web browsing
Price Range? up to $100
Slot 1/2? Slot 2, compatible with R4
Built in or expandable memory? preferably Micro SD
GBA compatibility? yes please
Special Features
I would like to be able to use the opera web browser, or perhaps a homebrew browser if one exists.
I would also love for it to be flush with a DS Lite, like the dust cover.

Thank you!
There are slot-2 expansion packs that work with r4 and other slot-1's that use the memory of the slot-1 for their games and stuff. Do you want that, or do you want it to have its own microSD slot? The "Built in or expandable memory" question is really aimed at slot-1's, for slot-2's it should be "Expansion pack or its own memory?" or something like that, I'll change it. Well, if you want an expansion pack you should get the EZflash 3-in-1, cheap and high combat. It includes GBA games, Opera browser, and rumble pack. It also fits the lite perfectly
smile.gif

My criteria:
Use?
For mostly everything. I use my Simply for ROMs(Homebrew), Music (Through moonshell), etc.
Price Range?
Anything that's not too overpriced. for the card itself, up to $70
Slot 1/2?
Expandable, and SDHC
Special features?
Auto-DLDI would be nice, but not necessary. Also GBA support, and as previously mentioned, SDHC
Other?
I'm probably going to get a Class 6, 4 Gig. SDHC micro card.

Support slot-2 GBA?
Yes
Don't care
Don't care
The m3 real perfect bundle should be good. It's sufficiently cheap, and the m3 team is very good with support. Plus, I think the m3 real should run its GBA expansion pack natively, since it's bundled with it. You can also get the cyclo but it would be pretty expensive to get a cyclo and the 3-in-1 (the Cyclo doesn't come with bundles). You can run GBA games from 3-in-1 on the Cyclo via NDStation, a homebrew app.

wiithepeople

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I heard Realhotstuff is a very good merchant with very quick shipping that is based in the US. M3 real Perfect bundle at RHS
Many members here can confirm this
smile.gif

If you want a complete list of resellers. try this thread. Also, that's supposed to be the thread to post "where to buy?" questions.
smile.gif

akira181

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was about to start my own thread until I spotted this one. I've currently got an Ewin2 and the rarity of updates is making me think it's time upgrade.

Use?
just games and nothing else
Price Range?
cheaper the better but I'm willing to pay more for reliability and high compatibility
Slot 1/2?
either, as long is it fits flush with the DS
expandable, built in is a bonus if it's got it
GBA compatibility?
don't care
Special features?
SDHC preferably, good support and regular updates as I don't want to be shopping for a replacement anytime soon. Being simple to use would be nice too.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I was about to start my own thread until I spotted this one. I've currently got an Ewin2 and the rarity of updates is making me think it's time upgrade.

Use?
Price Range?
cheaper the better but I'm willing to pay more for reliability and high compatibility
Slot 1/2?
GBA compatibility?
don't care
Special features?
SDHC preferably, good support and regular updates as I don't want to be shopping for a replacement anytime soon. Being simple to use would be nice too.

TTDS will be the perfect one for you. It supports SDHC, 2-3 second game loading time, and it's only 27 dollars from dealextreme, although they are sold out right now. You can get it for less $40 including shipping and such from other places.

ninten__dude

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use? Games, Monshell
Price Range? $1-50
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
GBA compatibility? Yes (w/ EZ 3-in-1)
Special features? Action replay support
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular? M3 real, DSTT
I have a Phat, so I m going to get a EZ 3-in-1. I don't realy care about the price as long as it's under $50-$60. What does DSTT have over M3 Real other than faster loading time?
unsure.gif

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use? Games, Monshell
Price Range? $1-50
Slot 1/2? 1
I have a Phat, so I m going to get a EZ 3-in-1. I don't realy care about the price as long as it's under $50-$60. What does DSTT have over M3 Real other than faster loading time?
unsure.gif
I say DSTT since I think it would be cheaper to get a lone DSTT from DealExtreme then buy the 3in1 GBA size from real hot stuff for a total of like $47. I don't know everything the m3 real has over DSTT but it can natively launch its GBAs with its own expansion pack. DSTT needs the 3in1 tool by rudolph to communicate with the 3in1.

hakujintanuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use? Emulation! DS, NES, SNES, Genesis, GB, GBA, TG-16, MAME.... if this is all possible
Price Range? under $100
Slot 1/2? either
Built in or expandable memory? expandable
Special features?

I'm really just looking for a card that will let me run emulators and I'm having trouble determining which ones run the emulators for DS. It seems that most are capable of running DS roms, but I'm not really sure which ones can run older roms like NES, SNES, Gameboy, etc. Please let me know what I should know in order to determine this. I've heard some can run them with their built in software, but some need software installed... but I'm not sure which ones are which, the reviews seem incomplete in the areas i'm most interested in.

pyrofreak421

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Games/Homebrew/Emulators
Price Range? the cheaper the better
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
GBA compatibility? would be nice
Special features? autopatching and wifi usuability SDHC a plus
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular TTDS/expansion, R4
I'm just looking for a basic flashcart to runs NDS games and emulators
I don't need ultra fancy stuff but at the same time more bang for my buck is appreciated
Thanks in advance for help

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
I don't need ultra fancy stuff but at the same time more bang for my buck is appreciated
DSTT/TTDS would be the perfect flashcard for you. Its cheap and perfect to play games.

kamo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Use?
mostly for games but also some homebrew
Price Range?
I dont care
Slot 1/2?
Slot 1 (I use a M3 Lite right now)
expandable
GBA compatibility?
don't need it 'cause I still have my M3 Lite.
Special features?
Cheats, a better gui then my old M3.
CycloDS Evo/M3 Real

wiithepeople

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blink.gif
So many today! Sorry I wasn't here earlier, just got home. Anyways:
I was about to start my own thread until I spotted this one. I've currently got an Ewin2 and the rarity of updates is making me think it's time upgrade.

Use?
Price Range?
Slot 1/2?
GBA compatibility?
don't care
Special features?
SDHC preferably, good support and regular updates as I don't want to be shopping for a replacement anytime soon. Being simple to use would be nice too.

DSTT is the best fitting for you, cheap, SDHC support, not sure about updates since this is a fairly new cart, but for just games it should be fine.
Use? Games, Monshell
Price Range? $1-50
Slot 1/2? 1
I have a Phat, so I m going to get a EZ 3-in-1. I don't realy care about the price as long as it's under $50-$60. What does DSTT have over M3 Real other than faster loading time?
unsure.gif

DSTT is cheaper than m3 real
smile.gif

DSTT, as others have said, is great flashcart for you. It is compatible with 3-in-1, has a built-in action replay, compatible with Moonshell, etc.
Use? Emulation! DS, NES, SNES, Genesis, GB, GBA, TG-16, MAME.... if this is all possible
Price Range? under $100
Slot 1/2? either
Built in or expandable memory? expandable
Special features?

I'm really just looking for a card that will let me run emulators and I'm having trouble determining which ones run the emulators for DS. It seems that most are capable of running DS roms, but I'm not really sure which ones can run older roms like NES, SNES, Gameboy, etc. Please let me know what I should know in order to determine this. I've heard some can run them with their built in software, but some need software installed... but I'm not sure which ones are which, the reviews seem incomplete in the areas i'm most interested in.

the DS isn't as good for emulation as the PSP... I don't know, I think most or all of the good carts (DSTT, m3 real, Cyclo, AKRPG, SCDS1, R4/M3 simply) can run emulators the same. Not sure...can someone else help on this one? Also, I heard slot-2 RAM (which is also used for web browser) enhances emulation.
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
DSTT is very cheap and has SDHC, auto-DLDI patching, and wifi, as long as you don't use a bad ROM trimmer (NDSTokyoTrim FTW!!
smile.gif
). So, DSTT is the best cart for you.
QUOTE(kamo @ Jan 28 2008, 04:59 PM)
Use?
mostly for games but also some homebrew
Price Range?
I dont care
Slot 1/2?
Slot 1 (I use a M3 Lite right now)
expandable
GBA compatibility?
don't need it 'cause I still have my M3 Lite.
Special features?
Cheats, a better gui then my old M3.
CycloDS Evo/M3 Real
Apparently, the Cyclo's GUI is very nice and simple and can be entirely touch-screen controlled. The m3 real's is much more complex. Not sure which you like more, but I like the Cyclo's more, so that's what I recommend. Both of these carts are good for your other criteria. For more info about the GUI's, check the GBAtemp reviews.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow