Hacking Post your questions about which flashcart to buy

sirdashadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after seeing all of the carts advantages and disavantages, I think I can recommend 2:

1) Cyclo DS-Top of the line but expensive, $50. I don't see any cons, updated most of the time. pros: Real Time Save (state) and slow motion which no other card has I think.

2) Acekard 2-Cheap ($10-$20 for the DSi compatible version) but extremely well supported. Does not have RTS or slow mo but everything else works on it.

That's about it. I don't think of any other flashcart "better" than these 2.

Big_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sirdashadow said:
Well after seeing all of the carts advantages and disavantages, I think I can recommend 2:

1) Cyclo DS-Top of the line but expensive, $50. I don't see any cons, updated most of the time. pros: Real Time Save (state) and slow motion which no other card has I think.

m3 real has these functions

Gades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Gades said:
I have no idea what to expect or anything. My reason for this is that my carts are starting to not work.

Use? SNES, NES, GBA, (GB if possible)
Price Range? Preferably Not too high
Slot 1/2? No Clue/Help Me Here
Built in or expandable memory? Not Sure which.
Special features? I have no idea what is available/important
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular No Clue

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? IS it important?
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Not important
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Don't really need internet

Sorry for the lack of knowledge about this. Please help me though!

Wow talk about vague. XD First off, SNES emulation is far from perfect. In fact it will probably never be perfect because the DS just isn't able to handle it well. So be aware that although these carts can support SNES, it'll lag or freeze, etc.

Quite honestly, with something so broad, I'd say go with the AceKard 2. The special features that aren't on the AceKard 2 are real time guides (the ability to pull up a text file in the middle of a game) and real time saves (save anywhere). It doesn't really justify the extra $20-$50 you can spend trying to get carts that will implement it. If you want to see what I'm talking about in more detail, click the link on my sig, the Supercard DS ONE and CycloDS Evolution comparison. There is a section on each of those features. Asides from that the AceKard 2 holds up well, offering cheats, soft reset, a great and robust menu, and a pretty large community.

I figured it was gonna be too vague. I thought it'd be easier to run SNES on a DS than a PSP for example. Is it just as bad on a PSP? My whole basis is to be able to play my games that I have on a portable since I'm too lazy to replace the batteries/fix the carts I own. The GBA request is for some Japanese games that can be patched for english. NES would just be a plus to play.

Martiin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i got the Acekard 2i some 2 friends of mine copied me and got their own.. they know nothing of flashcarts which pissed me off cause they keep asking me to do their shit instead of just reading the AK wiki... -.-''
on top of that, I know now that the Acekard is trendy with most newbs on youtube that don't know shit about the Acekard expect "im getting it cause its another type of R4 for me!"
..pisses me off

Martiin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Even now I sometimes recommend the R4. The fact is a huge community makes for a great flash cart. R4, even though it is dead beyond dead is getting patches from random people, tons of skins, and the endless amounts of guides online really help newbs out. I'm happy to say that the AceKard 2 is slowly phasing the R4 out in this regard, quite a few guides, lots of help, etc. Once that happens, there is absolutely no reason to get an R4 (not that there is one now).

but remember Nintendo banned R4's; making them illegal and forced Hong Kong to completely shutdown their factories.
All thats left are the last batches of real R4's from few selected sites like Realhotstuff.
Most people don't bother to stop and learn too
*sigh

Van_Tastic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
PharaohsVizier said:
Partially true. To begin with, M3DS Real Perfect Bundle is relatively expensive IMO, but it is by FAR the best all in one experience I have EVER had. Cheats are a breeze to use on the M3 perfect bundle. But the AceKard 2 and EZ Flash 3 in 1 on the other hand don't exactly support cheats. What you have to do is go on the computer, and manually PATCH the cheats into the gba file and then run it. It's not nearly as bad as it sounds, if I remember right, cracker is the programmer for the application and it runs pretty smoothly. Not impossible, just a bit of a hassle compared to the M3DS.
Yeah but I've read in some french boards that the M3DS Real is very slow in loading games in comparsion with other carts (AceKard especially). So aside from cheat support, the the AceKard + EZ Flash 3 on 1 combo is much more intersting than the M3 bundle no ?

And again, thank you very much for your time
wink.gif

Gades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help everyone. I'm gonna have issues trying to do it on my PSP since I'm missing some key parts and have recently updated firmware >_

Van_Tastic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Van_Tastic said:
PharaohsVizier said:
Partially true. To begin with, M3DS Real Perfect Bundle is relatively expensive IMO, but it is by FAR the best all in one experience I have EVER had. Cheats are a breeze to use on the M3 perfect bundle. But the AceKard 2 and EZ Flash 3 in 1 on the other hand don't exactly support cheats. What you have to do is go on the computer, and manually PATCH the cheats into the gba file and then run it. It's not nearly as bad as it sounds, if I remember right, cracker is the programmer for the application and it runs pretty smoothly. Not impossible, just a bit of a hassle compared to the M3DS.
Yeah but I've read in some french boards that the M3DS Real is very slow in loading games in comparsion with other carts (AceKard especially). So aside from cheat support, the the AceKard + EZ Flash 3 on 1 combo is much more intersting than the M3 bundle no ?

And again, thank you very much for your time
wink.gif
I have to buy a cart as soon as possible and an answer to this question would help me a lot, thanks in advance ^^

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@ Martiin ~ R4DS is still a good recommendation. But most people don't recommend it since you are risking a chance of bricking your DS and/or getting a fake one.

@ Pharaoh ~ The EDGE has a similar GUI/OS to the R4DS. You should recommend that too since the simplicity is also good.

@ Van ~ Recommend the M3Real bundle. I have had a hassle with playing GBA Games on the AceKard so I sticked with playing GBA Games on Visual Boy Advance. I think it would be best if you tried the M3Real, and with a lot of people here that can support you, it wouldn't be a problem.

G2K

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry I didn't want to go through a bunch of pages to see if this has already been asked but I wanted to know - with the DSi, would the better choice for a cart be Acekard 2i, or EZFlash Vi? I like Acekard for its quality, as well as AKAIO and such, but I like EZFlash because of the updateable kernel, meaning if the exploit is patched it's still possible that a new one could be found and you won't have to buy a new card.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
G2K said:
Sorry I didn't want to go through a bunch of pages to see if this has already been asked but I wanted to know - with the DSi, would the better choice for a cart be Acekard 2i, or EZFlash Vi? I like Acekard for its quality, as well as AKAIO and such, but I like EZFlash because of the updateable kernel, meaning if the exploit is patched it's still possible that a new one could be found and you won't have to buy a new card.
Understandable. Most people recommend for you to make a request. So you are fully sure of what you are asking for.

From what you have said, it is best for the EZFlash atm. Depending on what region you are from, you will have to know if the flashcart is going to work on that region of your DSi.

Take the AceKard 2i as an example. Rumours have said the AceKard 2i does not work with the Euro DSi. A reputable site from Australia says the AceKard 2i does work. A friend of a person here had tested their AceKard 2i with the American DSi and it worked.

So it all matters on the info given. If you are planning on getting either, I recommend you wait and see if it will work or not. But you have said the EZFlash has a update able kernel, so I recommend that. So at least if it gets patched, there is still a chance. Not like the AceKard 2i, if it is patched, you will need to wait for a whole new batch for flashcarts from the AceKard Team.

Van_Tastic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Splych said:
@ Van ~ Recommend the M3Real bundle. I have had a hassle with playing GBA Games on the AceKard so I sticked with playing GBA Games on Visual Boy Advance. I think it would be best if you tried the M3Real, and with a lot of people here that can support you, it wouldn't be a problem.
Thanks a lot ! One last question are µSD in dealextreme fakes or real one ? Especially this one : http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11241

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Van_Tastic said:
Splych said:
Thanks a lot ! One last question are µSD in dealextreme fakes or real one ? Especially this one : http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11241
I am not sure acutally. I recommend that you not buy Micro SD's from DealExtreme. Somewhere more reputable such as NewEgg. But it says you are from Morroco. So you can try the ones at DealExtreme. I am sorry, I am not in the position to be helping you for this question. But if you have any questions about it, you could post a picture of it once you receive it so some people can tell you if it is fake or not.

Van_Tastic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
I'm living in France so I will buy it from a more reputated shop here so there's no risk about it. Anyways, thanks A LOT for your help
wink.gif

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Use? Multimedia. And Multimedia only. Srsly.
Price Range? 10-30
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? expandable
Special features? good built-in multimedia capabilities
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular M3 DS Real/Sakura
Other? I already own a bunch of Flashcards (see sig.), but I'm thinking about using one exclusively for multimedia. Which one has the best integrated multimedia players for video and audio? I'm willing (and able) to convert video to dsm/dpg, but integrated MP3 and preferably Ogg are a must for audio.

Should I use my Acekard2 for that purpose or is it worth getting an M3 DS Real with Sakura firmware. AK2's plugins seem like a future-proof concept, but Sakura's GUI seems looks polished. Or should I get some entirely different flashcard?

MaXAiRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
A friend of mine ordered the EZFlash V Plus for his NDSL and instead of it, EZFlash Vi in EZFlash V Plus paper box arrived at his house. It totally works on his NDSL but he continuously tells me that he wants to change it as it s for NDSi. Is there any problem using it on NDSL? Or will there be any problem with the updates? And is there any reason to give it back and get the V Plus?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sepinho said:
Use? Multimedia. And Multimedia only. Srsly.
Price Range? 10-30
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? expandable
Special features? good built-in multimedia capabilities
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular M3 DS Real/Sakura
Other? I already own a bunch of Flashcards (see sig.), but I'm thinking about using one exclusively for multimedia. Which one has the best integrated multimedia players for video and audio? I'm willing (and able) to convert video to dsm/dpg, but integrated MP3 and preferably Ogg are a must for audio.

Should I use my Acekard2 for that purpose or is it worth getting an M3 DS Real with Sakura firmware. AK2's plugins seem like a future-proof concept, but Sakura's GUI seems looks polished. Or should I get some entirely different flashcard?
Umm... With you not wanting any special features... I don't see much of a need to get new things. There is a guide that allows you to run Sakura firmware on most flashcarts. The AceKard is one of them. The only thing it can't do is load NDS Games, and is only used for Multimedia if used with other flashcarts that aren't the M3Real. I can't really find the thread anymore, but it is worth searching around the forum for since you are only using it for Multimedia Purposes.

QUOTE(MaXAiRO @ Apr 1 2009, 11:08 AM) A friend of mine ordered the EZFlash V Plus for his NDSL and instead of it, EZFlash Vi in EZFlash V Plus paper box arrived at his house. It totally works on his NDSL but he continuously tells me that he wants to change it as it s for NDSi. Is there any problem using it on NDSL? Or will there be any problem with the updates? And is there any reason to give it back and get the V Plus?
It is actually a plus to get a "i" instead of a "plus". With it being able to run on a DSi and all other DS consoles, that is actually good. Tell you friend to keep it. It will run like any other EZFlash V Plus except it will be able to run on the DSi too.

EvanUnisil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got an old M3 Perfect Lite slot-2 device but lost my old passcard. Is it Ok if I just get an Acekard2 or something and play my games out of that and if I want to play from the Slot-2 M3 will that be possible too? Or do I have to get an M3 Real Perfect as a slot-1 device to get to my slot-2 device?

(I understand that I'll be able to run games from my slot-1 but in case I want to play a GBA game or something from my slot-2 I'd like that to be possible).

Is there anywhere where I can get a cheap passcard or something? Apart from flashing my NDSLite is there any way I can access the slot-2 device without needing to buy another flashcart?

Thanks!

bolmedias

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am very pleased to say that I purchased an AceKard 2.1 and a 2GB card, and they arrived today! For the sake of expenses, I had to buy from another website, and delivery took 2 weeks, but they're here now, they work, and I'm very happy! I'm using AKAIO, as recommended.

elight

Trophies
XP
Country
Use? DS, media play is a plus.
Price Range? $20-$40
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable.
Special features? Clean interface is a must.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular I was looking at R4, Acekard 2 seems nice as well.
Other? Must be compatible with the Mac.

What should I buy? I've had a DS lite for a while now but am looking into buying a flashcart for the first time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: mabe where you live