Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? DS games
Price Range? Anything reasonable
Slot 1/2? Whatever
Built in or expandable memory? Prefer expandable
GBA compatibility? Preferably, but not necessary.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lailaihei said:
Use? DS games
Slot 1/2? Whatever
your requirements are a bit bland
its just like your saying "recommend me any flashcart"
if its just for DS games
just get something simple
like the DSTT
or the Acekard 2
the acekard just has some issues with bad batches right now
the cyclo is a great cart also
and its prices are dropped
35$ on DX so thats affordable now

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lailaihei said:
Use? DS games
Slot 1/2? Whatever

DSTT, EDGE, or the CycloDS. You can get them around 20-35 bucks in DealExtreme, and make sure you get a micro sd with it.

Also, don't ever get the R4. It sucks *&$%( and isn't worth buying. It's 39 bucks, and it's support is dead/dying, expensive for what're paying for, no features, and can't play some of the new games.

Tempus35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use: Games
Price Range: Cheap
tongue.gif
, no more then $45
Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory: Don't Care
Special features: Cheats
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: ItouchDS, Acekard 2, M3 Real, Cyclo
Other? Needs good support for new games, and good support for upcoming games.

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA: Don't Care
Support slot-2 rumble packs: Sure
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser): Sure

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory?

Own an m3 sd perfect(slot-2)

ninja_07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Use? Games and homebrew, Odd music/vid (not v important)
Price Range? Well, £50 is the max
Slot 1/2?Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable (SDHC please)
Special features?
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular not really, but looking at an EZ-FLASH 3in1 to go with
Other?

Support slot-2 GBA? Yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Not Essential
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Not Essential

Own an R4 atm, just want to know what the best alternative is. Happy with it as long works for now.

The-end

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Would just like to say i bought a CycloDS from www.modchip-store.co.uk and it came the day after i ordered it so its very good service if anyone in the UK is looking to buy.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tempus35 said:
Use: Games
Price Range: Cheap
tongue.gif
, no more then $45
Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory: Don't Care
Special features: Cheats
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: ItouchDS, Acekard 2, M3 Real, Cyclo
Other? Needs good support for new games, and good support for upcoming games.

Support slot-2 GBA: Don't Care
Support slot-2 rumble packs: Sure
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser): Sure

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory?

Own an m3 sd perfect(slot-2)
ahhhh the cyclo sounds good for you
price has dropped so its affordable in your price range
well, the cheats has been updated
and its one of the fastest teams that makes fixes for games that dont work and that have problems
most of the time, its one of the carts that the games work on
and it has biult in support for the EZ flash 3 in 1 (for slot 2 RAM, Rumble, and GBA)

Kazumastars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ninja_07 said:
Use? Games and homebrew, Odd music/vid (not v important)
Price Range? Well, £50 is the max
Slot 1/2?Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable (SDHC please)
Special features?
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular not really, but looking at an EZ-FLASH 3in1 to go with
Other?

Support slot-2 GBA? Yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Not Essential
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Not Essential

Own an R4 atm, just want to know what the best alternative is. Happy with it as long works for now.

Not sure how much it is in euro but you should look at the SCDS1 or the CycloDS. I'd recommend you an Acekard2 as well but with the horrible production right now I suggest you not.

ShadowStitch

Devilot's Tubtoy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may sound kinda dumb, but... I have a perfectly functional and delightful little DSTT, but I'm thinking about upgrading to a CycloDS.

Everyone seems to recommend it, (provided one has the money,) over the DSTT. The only thing I don't like about the DSTT is the speed of the menus -- everything else has been great; the compatibility, SDHC support, cheat code support, customizable backgrounds... I can't really complain about the DSTT at all...

Yet I'm curious, and fishing for opinions: Can anyone give me an idea of what I'll be gaining by switching up? I just want to know what significant advantages there are, if any, over what I have now...

Thanks, Tempers!
QUOTE said:
Use? Mostly just games, with the occasional homebrew, app, or odd experiment.
Price Range? Whatever.
Slot 1/2? Slot 1 -- using a G6 in Slot 2.
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSD, I guess?
GBA compatibility? Not interested.
Special features? Cheat codes are a plus, Wifi capability is good, fast menus and loading are gravy.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Just thinking about upgrading to CycloDS

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowStitch said:
This may sound kinda dumb, but... I have a perfectly functional and delightful little DSTT, but I'm thinking about upgrading to a CycloDS.

Everyone seems to recommend it, (provided one has the money,) over the DSTT. The only thing I don't like about the DSTT is the speed of the menus -- everything else has been great; the compatibility, SDHC support, cheat code support, customizable backgrounds... I can't really complain about the DSTT at all...

Yet I'm curious, and fishing for opinions: Can anyone give me an idea of what I'll be gaining by switching up? I just want to know what significant advantages there are, if any, over what I have now...

Thanks, Tempers!
QUOTE said:
Use? Mostly just games, with the occasional homebrew, app, or odd experiment.
Price Range? Whatever.
Slot 1/2? Slot 1 -- using a G6 in Slot 2.
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSD, I guess?
GBA compatibility? Not interested.
Special features? Cheat codes are a plus, Wifi capability is good, fast menus and loading are gravy.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Just thinking about upgrading to CycloDS
ok well lets see
for the menu, by upgrading to the cyclo, you'll get a more responsive touch screen, and its arranged alphabetically (unlike the DSTT which requires the help of YSmenu..i think)
you'll also get a few nifty features such as
real time save : enables you to save anytime in a game, like if you were playing using an emulator
slow mo: you can slow down some fast games to your advantage
built in GBA compatibility and supports EZ flash 3 in 1 (not sure if the DSTT had this)
and you get quick firmware updates from the team
and very good support from them too

cubanresourceful

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use?
Playing NDS games and GBA games. (I know Slot 1 does not support GBA games, read further ahead.)
Price Range?
Around the 40$ range.
Slot 1/2?
Slot 1.
Built in or expandable memory?
Expandable.
Special features?
Save-State Support or GBA support
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular
Well, Supercard SDHC One or M3 Real
Other?
Basically, I'm torn between the two. With the Supercard, it has save-states which are awesome, with the M3 Real, it has the GBA expansion pack, which allows me to have the GBA files on the same MicroSD card, and load them from the M3 firmware. The thing is, I know the Supercard can boot into Slot 2, which I can then use to play GBA games, but is it possible to have the GBA games in the same MicroSD card in the Supercard DS One cart, and just utilize the Slot 2 cart as ram, just how the M3 Real does, or not? Is there any flash card out there that supports save-states and what I mentioned before? Do you guys understand what I am talking about?

Support slot-2 GBA?
Read above.
Support slot-2 rumble packs?
Doesn't matter.
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)?
Doesn't matter.

I currently have a M3 Perfect SD, and its great, but its time I move into Slot 1 land.
smile.gif

Kazumastars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably better to get the SCDS1. I personally have nothing wrong with the M3 Real, but the SCDS1 just seems a lot better. It'll leave more space on the SCDS1 for NDS games which i personally prefer opposed to GBA.

nightshade_zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quickly now, cyclods or dstt? which one is better, what are the differences, etc, etc. I plan to order one today before i go to work at noon CST, so i need to decide now.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@cubanresourceful
You should consider a 3 in 1 - CycloDS Evolution Combi. It's a little bit above your price range but it's the best you can get at the moment. The Cyclo has Real time save (save state) and native 3 in 1 support, so all your needs would be fullfilled.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14184
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967
With the Supercard 3 in 1 support would be possible through Rudolphs GBA Explorer (a homebrew tool). It supports a few other Slot-2 Expansions, but I don't know which.

@nightshade_zero
CycloDS by far. It has far more features. But you can't expect from people to list them all. Just go to their websites and compare.

cubanresourceful

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slowking said:
@cubanresourceful
You should consider a 3 in 1 - CycloDS Evolution Combi. It's a little bit above your price range but it's the best you can get at the moment. The Cyclo has Real time save (save state) and native 3 in 1 support, so all your needs would be fullfilled.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14184
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967
With the Supercard 3 in 1 support would be possible through Rudolphs GBA Explorer (a homebrew tool). It supports a few other Slot-2 Expansions, but I don't know which.

@nightshade_zero
CycloDS by far. It has far more features. But you can't expect from people to list them all. Just go to their websites and compare.

QUOTE(cubanresourceful @ Jul 10 2008, 06:56 PM) Okay, so then let me just make it sure. Now, the main differences between CycloDS Evolution and Supercard DS One that justify the price difference is what? And, what would also be the difference between say, pairing a Supercard DS One and a M3 Perfect SD to a CycloDS Evolution and an EZ 3 in 1? And lastly, the CycloDS combo with the EZ 3 in 1 allows to boot GBA games on the same MicroSD card that is in the CycloDS? If so, that would be the seller for me? And lastly, would it be better to stick with the brand Cyclo, and get a Cyclo GBA microSD adapter, or stick with the EZ 3 in 1?

I know, a lot of questions, but I like being thorough, you know? I hate wasting money on a product that will fail what I want it for. So far, the M3 has lived up to the moneys it has cost me, now I need a Slot 1 to perform to that too.
tongue.gif
Thanks again for the help.

EDIT

Okay, so now im gonna answer my own questions. The CycloDS is now what I am looking at. It does support GBA loading from the CycloDS GUI, which is what I was looking for. Also, for the brand Cyclo MicroSD adapter, I heard its horrible, so I will stick with EZ V 3 in 1. So, I just answered my own questions with just a little digging. ^^ Thank you google!

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You mean the cyclos Slot-2 card? Well it's not horrible, it's a Supercard Slot-2 Clone. But for GBA games there are better things, like the 3 in 1 and you will probably get it cheaper and the Cyclo has full support for it.
wink.gif

What also speaks for the Cyclo Evo is that it has a faster menue/game loading as the Supercard DS One and is afaik not as picky with MicroSD cards.

Kazumastars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@nightshade_zero

CycloDS has more features than a DSTT at the cost of about 25 bucks more than a DSTT. ( only $15 more on dealextreme)

DSTT is great for playing just games and homebrew. You can also download a DSTT moonshell of the dstt site i believe.

cubanresourceful

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slowking said:
You mean the cyclos Slot-2 card? Well it's not horrible, it's a Supercard Slot-2 Clone. But for GBA games there are better things, like the 3 in 1 and you will probably get it cheaper and the Cyclo has full support for it.
wink.gif

What also speaks for the Cyclo Evo is that it has a faster menue/game loading as the Supercard DS One and is afaik not as picky with MicroSD cards.

Now just one last question. (Funny how two months ago I wanted a M3 Real + GBA Expansion, then changed to Supercard DS One in the last few days, then finally arrived to CycloDS Evolution due to supporting GBA natively, which is EXACTLY what I was looking for. ^^) Sorry for the off-topicness, but what my last question is, the CycloDS supports GBA, I understand that. But does it run it using the CycloDS kernel or the EZFLash V 3 in 1? If it uses the EZFlash's, does that mean that the EZ needs to be updated when the updates are released, or not? And if so, does the EZFlash V update on the GBATemp homepage the update for both the Slot 1 and Slot 2 device, or just the Slot 1? Thanks you very much.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The 3 in 1 has no kernel, at least no visible or updateable. The Cyclo flashes the GBA-games into the 3 in 1s NOR Flash or RAM and then runs GBA-mode. That's it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1