Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wiithepeople said:
Hey guys it's me, if you don't remember I'm the maker of this thread
tongue.gif

But it seems all the questions are answered! Thanks a ton to everyone who helped people decide on a flashcart in this thread, and I hope all of you who posted questions have found this thread helpful. I know I haven't posted in a long time, and I'm sorry, but I have to leave GBAtemp. This may well be one of my last posts. Just way too busy nowadays with schoolwork and such
frown.gif

Sorry again, but it really can't be helped. And to all of you helping out in this thread, please keep up the good work. Hopefully because of this thread many a person in need of help can find some quickly and efficiently.
Aw man, seeya wii. So many guys leaving.

QUOTE(abaddon41_80 @ Apr 19 2008, 06:44 PM) For my brother this time guys

Use? games, music
Price Range?

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? GBA games on DS Lite
Price Range? ~$25
Slot 1/2? Does not matter, although I think GBA cards are all Slot 2?
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable, if possible.
Special features? Not necessary. Must have save support and support most GBA games.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: No.
Other? Since this is for my younger nephew, who already has a Supercard Lite for DS games, I would like a solution that doesn't require much technical know how or patching. Something I can set-up and they could switch games out on easily.

collegekid589

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My searching across the vast contents of the internet have brought me nothing but aggravation and a link to this site. Hopefully you fine people can help me settle this question with myself of what to buy.

Use?Any/all games
Price Range?40~
Slot 1/2?Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? expandable
Special features? N/A
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular No
Other? Low maintenance, pretty GUI not important if it works, can purchase slot-2 device later

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? Yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? N/A
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Yes

Thank you in advance for any input on my question.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
collegekid589 said:
My searching across the vast contents of the internet have brought me nothing but aggravation and a link to this site. Hopefully you fine people can help me settle this question with myself of what to buy.

Use?Any/all games
Price Range?40~
Slot 1/2?Slot 1
Special features? N/A
Other? Low maintenance, pretty GUI not important if it works, can purchase slot-2 device later

Support slot-2 GBA? Yes

the acekard 2 sounds like a pretty good matchup with your requirements
its cheap (around 30$), has a very nice GUI
its easy to use
and pretty high up on the list of best flashcarts

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
collegekid589 said:

Use?Any/all games
Price Range?40~
Slot 1/2?Slot 1
Special features? N/A

Support slot-2 GBA? Yes

If you want something cheap, simple and just plays games n hoomebrew, go with DSTT, EDGE, or Acekard 2. They're all under 40 dollars at certain places. If you want something slower than the first three, but alot more advanced in features, go with a SCDS1 SDHC.

The cheapest place would be DealExtreme, but beware that they have a slow shipping that would take 2-4 weeks to deliever. However, they don't charge money for shipping, and everything is very cheap.

collegekid589

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
collegekid589 said:

Use?Any/all games
Price Range?40~
Slot 1/2?Slot 1
Special features? N/A

Support slot-2 GBA? Yes

the acekard 2 sounds like a pretty good matchup with your requirements
its cheap (around 30$), has a very nice GUI
its easy to use
and pretty high up on the list of best flashcarts
Well, thats what I get for typing while tired and sick.
I forgot to mention that Near-perfect compatability, download play and WiFi are requirements; among the other games, I have a mad hankering for some pokemon D/P.

Thank you very much to the quick replies, though. Yuor assistance is most certainly appreciated
bow.gif

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no problem, but yes, the acekard2 (i believe) does support wifi and download play and has good compatability (for more details check out the reviews section. im too lazy to place a link here >.

Upperleft

Namcoholic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ojsinnerz said:
Upperleft said:
Use? Games , Homebrews
Price Range? 40$
Slot 1/2? 1
Special features? cheats , SDHC , easy to skin
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular : M3 real , DSTT

Support slot-2 GBA? yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? yes
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? and yes

Currently, M3 real is in a terrible shape, so I'll recommend DSTT, EDGE, and Acekard 2. All of those are fine choices, but the easiest to skin is DSTT. The EDGE uses the Cyclo skins, and Acekard 2 uses Acekard R.P.G.

And for the internet, GBA, and rumble, get a Slot 2. The best choice would be EZflash 3-in-1 expansion. It has all 3 of those, and it's pretty cheap.

then i think i'll have the DSTT
but do EZ4 lite work with it ?
'cuz i'm gonna order one

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
InsaneMonkey said:
The CycloDS is a pretty good slot-1 cart.

If you can afford it, that is.

Upperleft said:
ojsinnerz said:
QUOTE(Upperleft @ Apr 18 2008, 07:07 AM) Use? Games , Homebrews
Price Range? 40$
Slot 1/2? 1
Special features? cheats , SDHC , easy to skin
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular : M3 real , DSTT

Support slot-2 GBA? yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? yes
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? and yes

Currently, M3 real is in a terrible shape, so I'll recommend DSTT, EDGE, and Acekard 2. All of those are fine choices, but the easiest to skin is DSTT. The EDGE uses the Cyclo skins, and Acekard 2 uses Acekard R.P.G.

And for the internet, GBA, and rumble, get a Slot 2. The best choice would be EZflash 3-in-1 expansion. It has all 3 of those, and it's pretty cheap.

then i think i'll have the DSTT
but do EZ4 lite work with it ?
'cuz i'm gonna order one

It should, but I'm not exactly sure, for I have no experience with Slot-2's.

webwierdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So first off I'll admit it. I'm a 21 year old college student who likes Pokemon. I find the games deep and complex (battle system not story) also very entertaining. There is little you can do to mock me so if that is why you are here then please troll somewhere else.

So I recently had the back pack I use to store all my games stolen. Now being a college student I don't have the money to replace all those games so a friend of mine pointed me to the world of flash carts. I read most of the reviews and have a decent understanding of how it all works but I have a question I can't seem to find an answer too. I really liked playing the Pokemon games so what combination of hardware do I need to buy to do the following.

Play Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald with a working clock to keep track of timed events
Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl with the ability to link to GBA Pokemon games and transfer between
Connect to Pokemon Colosseum(real copy) on the Wii using a Diamond/Pearl(rom copy)
Connect to Wi-fi using Diamond/Pearl(rom copy) and battle/trade with people online.

Those are my priorities but I would like a flash cart with extra features as well like cheat device/ media player/ passme but not a requirement.

Any help is much appreciated thank you for your replies

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
webwierdo said:
So first off I'll admit it. I'm a 21 year old college student who likes Pokemon. I find the games deep and complex (battle system not story) also very entertaining. There is little you can do to mock me so if that is why you are here then please troll somewhere else.

So I recently had the back pack I use to store all my games stolen. Now being a college student I don't have the money to replace all those games so a friend of mine pointed me to the world of flash carts. I read most of the reviews and have a decent understanding of how it all works but I have a question I can't seem to find an answer too. I really liked playing the Pokemon games so what combination of hardware do I need to buy to do the following.

Play Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald with a working clock to keep track of timed events
Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl with the ability to link to GBA Pokemon games and transfer between
Connect to Pokemon Colosseum(real copy) on the Wii using a Diamond/Pearl(rom copy)
Connect to Wi-fi using Diamond/Pearl(rom copy) and battle/trade with people online.

Those are my priorities but I would like a flash cart with extra features as well like cheat device/ media player/ passme but not a requirement.

1# You're going to need a SLOT 2 with a built in RTC, or else you're going to need to patch those specific roms and get a Slot 2 that runs tagteam with a Slot 1
2# I have been wondering that myself. I haven't found anything solid about it, and I have no flash kits to try it out with, BUT. I think that if you have both, a slot one and slot two, with the req. Roms on them, then they should link up just as normal.
3# Wii-DS connectivity works on some Roms but not others, and as far as I know, Pkmn D/P and Colleseum were the only one that didn't work. HOWEVER I haven't actively searched it anywhere. I just read it in the Review of one of the cards (Cant remeber which) and its pretty old now so that may work now as well.
4# Thats not going to be a problem at all. People can get online WiFi with Roms. My understanding is that it works like a charm.

Hope that helps.
I've done alot of research and I would have to recommend Cyclo or M3Real to you, but Cyclo is generally heralded as the best flash kit out there.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use? Games, Photos, Text, Homebrew, Audio, Video
Price Range?$65 USD
Slot 1/2?1
Built in or expandable memory?Expandable, please
Special features? Download Play, Wifi capable, cheats, simple gui,
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particularCyclo DS Evo
Other? I have a DS phat and am willing to mod the card to fit my machine.

Support slot-2 GBA?Yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs?Not necessary,
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Yes, if possible.

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory?

webwierdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gizmo_gal said:
webwierdo said:

1# You're going to need a SLOT 2 with a built in RTC, or else you're going to need to patch those specific roms and get a Slot 2 that runs tagteam with a Slot 1
2# I have been wondering that myself. I haven't found anything solid about it, and I have no flash kits to try it out with, BUT. I think that if you have both, a slot one and slot two, with the req. Roms on them, then they should link up just as normal.
3# Wii-DS connectivity works on some Roms but not others, and as far as I know, Pkmn D/P and Colleseum were the only one that didn't work. HOWEVER I haven't actively searched it anywhere. I just read it in the Review of one of the cards (Cant remeber which) and its pretty old now so that may work now as well.
4# Thats not going to be a problem at all. People can get online WiFi with Roms. My understanding is that it works like a charm.

Hope that helps.
I've done alot of research and I would have to recommend Cyclo or M3Real to you, but Cyclo is generally heralded as the best flash kit out there.

Sorry I don't know what patching and tag time means.

What Slot 2 would you recommend that would link up to the Slot 1 game?

Is there some other place I could look this information up. I don't want to spend the money to find out I can't make it do what I want because I bought the wrong one.

Also thanks for all the information so far it is very helpful.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
webwierdo said:

I'm a 23 year old university student and I like Pokemon. Ha outgeeked you.
biggrin.gif

To your questions:

1. I believe the EZ Flash 3 in 1 supports realtime clock, but I'm not entirely sure. But I'm sure you can check in the EZ-forums... Btw. if I remeber correctly there are not many real time events in RuSaSma and they are not really important and fr/lg don't even have a realtime clock.
2. Now that's a hard one. You can always link a rom to an original GBA-game, but if both (DS and GBA game) are roms it can get difficult. There is a patch for DP roms, that makes them link to GBA-roms on a EZ 3 in 1, but as the DP roms are patched you lose cheat-support for them. If some card does support this natively (without patching the roms) I don't know, but if one does I guess it would be the CycloDS as it's 3in1-support is the best of all slot 1 cards. (check out their support forums http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1 )
3. Do you mean Battle Revolution? I know that the Cyclo supports linking them and that the R4 doesn't. About other Flashcards I don't know, sorry.
4. That one works with all cards.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hmm bumer. Does any Slot-2 card support it?
Oh well you only need it in RSE for Berrys and Nachtara/Psiana anyway. And you can (and most likely will) do this in DP.

webwierdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for your replies. I think I'm going to purchase the cyclods the only other question i had is what does 3in1 mean. I never quite got that part.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Rye would get shot at sight.