Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
Actually, I really haven't heard anyone using the DSTT menu because the SCDS1 has a very "sluggish" menu. The only reason why I use the YSMenu and the DSTT menu, is because I have a terribly slow Micro sd card. that's the only reason.

Besides, the speed of the loading on the SCDS1 varies. Hell, the fastest I've gotten was as fast as the DSTT. But the slowest was 6 seconds.

I said "Many use YSMenu or the DSTT menu because they're faster even though these menus don't allow access to the additional features of the SCDS1."

This thread (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=75805) seems to agree with my post (that SDSC1 owners use YSMenu and TTMenu because they are faster despite the lack of access to additional features), including the translation of bliss' blog in your own post (3rd in the thread):

QUOTEThe DSTT Supecard
Pros-
- Much faster menu
- Loads games much faster
- Different save files
- Other benifits from DSTT

Cons-
- Real times save does not work.
- Most of the features that made Supercard so popular is disabled.

If you read the discussion of the new SCDS1 review (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=88933) there are many users who describe the menu as "sluggish." One SCDS1 owner also said that they use YSMenu because of instability problems with the official menu.

-Bri

Saladman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An scds-1 user who's using the y's or dstt menu is only ever one file away from the extra features from the scds-1 menu for the extra features... ie run scdsone.nds

SCDS1(sdhc version)=having it all.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Saladman said:
An scds-1 user who's using the y's or dstt menu is only ever one file away from the extra features from the scds-1 menu for the extra features... ie run scdsone.nds

SCDS1(sdhc version)=having it all.

I have to agree with that, the tripple OS boot system is simply outstanding. And of course, supercards always get better and better, so the future is looking well rosey too.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sure, you can always run the sluggish official menu if you need the additional features (let's face it, most users don't need those features anyway). My point was that some people choose to use YSMenu (or TTMenu) instead of the official menu despite its lack of support for the additional features because either the official menu itself is sluggish or because the official loader is slow loading games (take your pick). Neither YSMenu or TTMenu are particularly nice though (TTMenu doesn't even sort the roms or display folders).

YSMenu is available on the Acekard 2 as well, by the way. But there's not much point running YSMenu because the other menus that are available (official, Bliss, and in a few days AKBBS) are very fast and a lot nicer.

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I believe I've already acknowledged that if you feel that RTS is worth the extra cost and slower menu, you should choose the SCDS1 over the Acekard 2.

The average user doesn't really need RTS though.

-Bri

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sidneyyoung said:
Acekard 2 has no real-time save tho, it's just a basic cart whatever menu you can run on it.
Although I have a SCDS1 myself, etc,
But the Acekard 2 is slowly evolving...... It's getting a Slow-mo, and has a dual-save slot as well. But it still won't have RTS for a little while.

And, like I said, I really don't find it so sluggish. I don't get why people say that. I mean, do they have that little patience? Like I said, I use the 3 OSs, and I only use the DSTT/YSMenu when there's a game that requires a fast micro sd card. When I use them, there's only a 1-2 second difference between the game loads. And the DSTT menu is laggy (When scrolling down.)

So the only "complaint" would be to find the game, which takes a little more than half of a second. Instead of going there right away.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz, I think "sluggish" was mainly used to describe scrolling through the menu on the SCDS1 rather than the loading time. I agree, the DSTT is also sluggish although apparently people think it's less sluggish than the official SCDS1 menu. But the DSTT firmware is very fast at loading games.

-Bri

xjuniorx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use? DS ROMS
Price Range? I DONT CARE
Slot 1/2?
Built in or expandable memory? MICRO SD/SDHC
GBA compatibility?
Special features? SDHC

WITCH IS BETTER

ACEKARD2
R4DS V3
CYCLODS

WITCH IS THE BEST?? AND YOU WOULD RECOMMEND?

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you're asking among those three, CycloDS is probably the best. And please stop spelling which wrong. >_< It makes my eye twitch.

R4DS V3 is probably a fake so don't try buying that. 'Sides, it's pretty much outdated nowadays and lacks SDHC support. Acekard 2 is ok if you're looking for a budget card.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Look at the difference in price between the CycloDS and the Acekard 2 and you'll see why the Acekard 2 is considered a "budget cart."

Some more expensive carts like the CycloDS have some features that the Acekard 2 doesn't (currently) have, such as real-time game dumps and slow-motion (the average user won't really use these features much).

But the Acekard 2 has several really nice and responsive menu systems available (the official menu is great, but the Bliss menu and AKBBS menus are even better).

So if you're really keen on those extra features it might be worth the extra money to purchase a CycloDS. Otherwise, the Acekard 2 is a great cart.

You might also consider the SCDS1 which has the extra features like the CycloDS, and is only a little more expensive than the Acekard 2. But many users say that its menu is "sluggish" and it is a little slow loading games. Still, worth considering if you're really keen on the extra features but don't want to spend the bucks for the CycloDS.

-Bri

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
acekard 2 is a very good budget card, if not the best.

if you are willing to dish out like 5$ more.... supercard-dsone is a great flashcard. it has alot of extra features (Real time save, real time guide, real time cheats, multi-save slots, etc.). certainly a fan favorite (especially after JPH's new review of it recently).

The cyclods is also great for numerous amount of features and a development staff that is very responsive to user suggestions.

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xjuniorx said:
i really dont care if the cyclods or any other BEST card is 100+ dollars i just want the best one..i got acekard 2 cuz it was cheap yes but just to test it out
Best in terms of what? Features? Compatibility? It really depends on the user which card is actually the best. Just because you've heard that one card is the best doesn't mean it is. Not unless you've actually used all of its functions and are actually satisfied with what you've got. Why ask for the best when you're not going to use all of the features anyway? Some have said the Acekard RPG is the best because it's open source and all that. So? I have no use for that since I'm no programmer. Same goes for the others.

...no offense to any Acekard RPG users. >_> I personally don't know much about the card so please don't kill me.

xjuniorx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see i see..

so whats the best site that sells

CycloDS
SuperCard

i dont care about the prices

i just want a reliable site that has FAST SHIPPING AND ITS RELIABLE AND NO SCAM!!

so whats the best site?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The reason the open source is a good thing is because folks like bliss and Normmatt constantly improve on the menu system for it. As a result, there are several great menu systems (most notably Bliss and AKBBS) that still have the very nice look and responsiveness of the official menu (because they are built on the official one) but with a lot of excellent improvements.

The Acekard 2, although not open source, benefits as well because these menus have been modified to run on the Acekard 2. AKBBS (which has slow-motion) will be out for the Acekard 2 in the next day or two according to its developers.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY