Post weird things that happened during gaming.

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Dionicio3, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Dionicio3
    OP

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    I got this idea after seeing something weird in my SM64DS game.
    0728171923.jpg
    There was just a bowling ball in place of the red coin, I haven't even collected this red coin yet. Idk what caused it, maybe the ar codes I was using? But this has never happened before. It was odd.

Anyways, post weird stuff like that here

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    >complains about vertical picture, where you could horizontal take it and show the whole screen and better image

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  3. Dionicio3
    OP

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    Eh, oh well, I was too lazy to turn it sideways

BlastedGuy9905 likes this.
  4. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N I have graced this thread with my presence.

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    Problem is, I never have a camera on-hand when these things do happen. Eh.

Dionicio3 likes this.
  5. Dionicio3
    OP

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    Rip

6. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    I was playing Sonic Adventure DX steam version and I was fighting Chaos 4. There was a point when I tried to use the homing attack on him when he pops up out of the water. I kept phasing through him several times without damaging him. It was weird.

7. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 Ace Bricker

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    Outside your windows ᕙ(◔ᗜ◔)ᕗ
    Every plot-twist in games... I always freak the fuck out when one happens like in Attack On Titan...

8. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    The fact that you're using cheats can explain it.

Anyway, I've come across such a multitude of bugs and glitches but one of the most weirdest ones was the mission "Robbing uncle sam" where Ryder suddenly out of nowhere started shooting on me.
    Wouldn't get into the truck, wouldn't shoot the soldiers shooting at him, just shoot me.
    Nothing that I tried triggered Ryder to get into the truck.

His AI just got bugged out and probably replaced with the AI of the soldiers.

I hate that game sometimes.

9. VinsCool

VinsCool Disgusted

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    An Alternate Reality
    I was playing Metroid Prime 2 Echoes, and the Boost Ball boss (a little nasty piece of shit when you aren't too good at it btw) was doing its thing (boosting and bouncing on walls, when it clipped and went out of bounds, while I had almost depleted its lifebar fully, and haven't saved for a while when I began the fight :<

So basically, I was softlocked on the bouncing loop (that was out of bounds, therefore, impossible to hit), and mini enemies spawns, that did nothing to the boss itself, but give some life and missiles.

I was rather pissed about it, hahaa

BlastedGuy9905 likes this.
  10. BlastedGuy9905

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    getting stuck/softlocks/freezes are so annoying during boss fights/games that arent saved

11. Skeet1983

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    When Lightning hit my Parent's house, it fried both the power cord and the rental game that was in my N64, yet the system itself was fine.

12. BlastedGuy9905

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    O.O
    Yeowch. That's... weird... and sad. :creep:

13. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    The weirdest thing I can think of right now is how I accidentally found out how to steal from the shop in Link's awakening (gameboy). I had no idea that would work, and when I re-entered in an attempt to bring back the item...well...this.

As for bugs: hidden and dangerous on PC. Man, that game was a mess. You had to save every couple of minutes. Not only because if you weren't careful enemies would shoot and instantly kill you but mostly because you could fall through the floor and world pretty much any time. At one level it even got so bad I decided to make a detour to my objective, for the simple reason that the shortest route meant falling through the world every freaking time.
    It also had a bunch of lesser bugs, but these didn't get in the way as much. The one I still recall after all these years was that if you ordered someone to lie down, then saved and then loaded that savegame, you guy was floating around in the air. This was funny, but the only way to solve this was to let him stand up. And because of the instant-kill I at least once had to use my other guys to do the work because I had put someone in a position where standing up wasn't an option.

14. Logan97

Logan97 G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Where all things matter
    This is the only time I caught something acting weird. I killed him but as you can see his legs were moving backwards. It also on gamerranx fallout videos :D.

15. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Spiky!

Mar 27, 2012
    France
    If we're talking about the weirdest bug I can remember, it was probably during my playthrough of Mass Effect 1.
    For some reason Ashley got duplicated (I had a squad with Shepard and 2 Ashleys), then after one loading screen the original one got deleted (along with her gear) and I was left with only one.
    I've never really understood how that happened.