20.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  3. Other(stated in your reply)

40.0%
  1. jt_1258

OP jt_1258 Human?

United States
    I feel like this will likely be knocked down for the sake of "it would just clutter up the ui in threads" but this still is an interesting idea I wanted to throw out there. Letting the op pin posts in there threads so that either a, they show up first right below the op or the more reasonable idea in my idea, b, having it be a little menu you open up from the top of the thread that's just a little button called pinned posts. What do you guys think?

Last edited by jt_1258, Dec 17, 2017
  2. VinsCool

VinsCool Cattus Incerta Tacitusque

Canada
    We had such an option called "featured posts", doing more or less what you described, but the idea was dropped shortly after it was implemented, due to technical problems caused by the feature.
    Slowdowns, oversights where people could self bloat their points counter, and overall annoyance made the admins remove it.

Riyaz likes this.
  3. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

United States
    dont they sorta have that option now . . . i seem to remember answering someones question and coming back to see my response labeled as the "best answer"

4. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 The Skiddo

United States
    That's in questions, not in threads

wormdood likes this.
  5. Seriel

Seriel lost in the wind, trying to find a purpose

United Kingdom
    Yeah, they has this feature before but it got removed because if I remember right it was causing the whole forum to slow down.

6. jt_1258

OP jt_1258 Human?

United States
    that is a bit odd, I don't really get why it would slow down the site, is there anywhere I can find more info on this?

7. VinsCool

VinsCool Cattus Incerta Tacitusque

Canada
    I think there was a thread where Costello explained the technical issue somewhere, but it's been a pretty long time.

8. porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne Report-er
    Supervisor

Australia
    As Vinscool mentioned, it used to be a feature for a short period of time until it rendered the site nearly unusable. There was an explanation post which I can't quite locate at the moment. I also assume that some people abusing it for e-peen didn't quite help its case either.

VinsCool likes this.
  9. jt_1258

OP jt_1258 Human?

United States
    those both seem rather unfortunate, well, I suppose it's just one of those features we can't have a feature cause people can't be responsible

Draft saved Draft deleted