Suggestion Post pinning

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like this will likely be knocked down for the sake of "it would just clutter up the ui in threads" but this still is an interesting idea I wanted to throw out there. Letting the op pin posts in there threads so that either a, they show up first right below the op or the more reasonable idea in my idea, b, having it be a little menu you open up from the top of the thread that's just a little button called pinned posts. What do you guys think?

Last edited by jt_1258,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
We had such an option called "featured posts", doing more or less what you described, but the idea was dropped shortly after it was implemented, due to technical problems caused by the feature.
Slowdowns, oversights where people could self bloat their points counter, and overall annoyance made the admins remove it.

Reactions: Deleted User

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, they has this feature before but it got removed because if I remember right it was causing the whole forum to slow down.

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, they has this feature before but it got removed because if I remember right it was causing the whole forum to slow down.
that is a bit odd, I don't really get why it would slow down the site, is there anywhere I can find more info on this?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
that is a bit odd, I don't really get why it would slow down the site, is there anywhere I can find more info on this?
I think there was a thread where Costello explained the technical issue somewhere, but it's been a pretty long time.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As Vinscool mentioned, it used to be a feature for a short period of time until it rendered the site nearly unusable. There was an explanation post which I can't quite locate at the moment. I also assume that some people abusing it for e-peen didn't quite help its case either.

Reactions: VinsCool

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As Vinscool mentioned, it used to be a feature for a short period of time until it rendered the site nearly unusable. There was an explanation post which I can't quite locate at the moment. I also assume that some people abusing it for e-peen didn't quite help its case either.
those both seem rather unfortunate, well, I suppose it's just one of those features we can't have a feature cause people can't be responsible

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb