Homebrew Discussion Post homebrew ideas, suggestions, requests here

PEVOx

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was thinking about a great feature for Nintendo Switch. If I'm not wrong, we can play for example Mario Kart 8 with a friend in local multiplayer between two consoles. Actually we can't play online, so if our friend isn't near us, we can't play together. With a dedicated tool it will be possible to emulate a local network with two different distant networks? For example, my friend is at home with his Switch on his home network, and I'm at my home with my network. But (with a dedicated software) the two Switches see each other on the same network. It is possibile?

TemTW12

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Idea: In SX OS or other CFW menus, there should be a submenu called SD which contains information of what games your multiple SDs have. Heres the concept, maybe the search bar should stay throughout the entire menu. The shut down/eject could work using EasyPower
untitled.png

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Idea: In SX OS or other CFW menus, there should be a submenu called SD which contains information of what games your multiple SDs have. Heres the concept, maybe the search bar should stay throughout the entire menu. The shut down/eject could work using EasyPowerView attachment 140327
How will it know, if those SDs aren't currently inserted?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe it has to be user's generated ?
user would need to make a copy on each SD, with a list of games on all SD, to know where is the game he wants to play ?
maintaining a text file and copying to each SD when adding/deleting a game is lot of work. it would be better once we can store data on internal memory. (maybe we can now that homebrew use nsp? acting as a savegame file)

Last edited by Cyan,

TemTW12

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
maybe it has to be user's generated ?
user would need to make a copy on each SD, with a list of games on all SD, to know where is the game he wants to play ?
maintaining a text file and copying to each SD when adding/deleting a game is lot of work. it would be better once we can store data on internal memory. (maybe we can now that homebrew use nsp? acting as a savegame file)
Yep, exactly what I was thinking. Maybe if what you recommended doesn’t work someone could create a script that lets you inserts SDs and adds the games on them to a single text file. Though that would mean you had to use the script everytime you got a new game so maybe CDNSP could add a feature that lets you select a SD when you’ve finished downloading a game and adds it to the text file?

TX should be able to make the script and the SD feature. I’ll request it to them

Edit: requested to TX

Last edited by TemTW12,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
adding a game to the text file automatically using an application, okay but if you don't put that new updated text file on ALL your SD card, other cards are not aware of the added game and the homebrew will have outdated data if you use the other cards.
a SD scanner on the console would be nice, if it could keep files locally on the console and not on SD, and scan each SD you connect to update the database (based on partition name, or device ID).

Last edited by Cyan,

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
general homebrew request:

Port OpenMW. :P It's already FOSS, and has a linux port (so it can use libSDL).

Granted, this really needs OpenGL/Vulkan in LibNX before it would really be feasible, but still. There's a request.

Reactions: Henx

JordantheBuizel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping there would (eventually) be a way to use a USB keyboard as a pro controller, for BotW mainly and maybe Splatoon. Idk if that would even be possible honestly but I'll keep lurking and waiting for it :ha:

Reactions: Mnecraft368

Glink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Homebrew request:
Video game software downgrader
* Allows gamers to make a backup save on the current version they are using and remove the software update completely.
* Allows gamers to install a patch that isn't the latest version, think Smash Brothers for Wii U V1.0.6 build that allowed Mewtwo to use bugged Custom Specials thanks to a glitch

Uses:
Super Mario Odyssey -> Create Backup save that is compatible for V1.2.0+ -> Remove software patch V1.2.0 -> Make game playable at V1.0.0
Backup save is a good idea because the general rule for saves created from future revisions is that they tend to not work at all when using an older version.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Maybe this is possible already, but if not, an app to add custom made user avatars to the poor default selection would be nice.

Plex7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please tell me if KODI would be a possibility for the switch??? That would be the ultimate media player and addons? Shiet son.

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What we need is full access to the web browser that is built in.

After doing some research, it looks like we need a new web browser probably.

Last edited by nyder, , Reason: did some research, saw the built in broswer isn't what we want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-