Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

  • Thread starter Thread starter CaptainSodaPop
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 523,443
  • Replies Replies 3,400
  • Likes Likes 23
Pretty much the most important thing the 3DS needs is a Virtual Boy emulator. The system was practically made for this. I hope someone makes this happen.

EDIT:
About the MP3 player: who doesn't have a cellphone capable of playing MP3s??


Yes! Virtual Boy emulator.

  • I'd also like to see a good file manager for the SD card while in the 3DS. One with a virtual keyboard and Rename, Cut/Copy/Paste support, and can auto rename while pasting into the same directory.
  • A Region free app. A way to access other region's eShop, if ever possible.
 
i really want something like gecko OS becuase iam a modder of ssbb and with ssb4 coming really soon to the 3ds with a program like geckoos to run codes we basicaly could start texture hacking it from day one :P
 
Id like to see a app that lets you add cheats/unlock things in games (not rom loading even tho that would be cool) but adding stuff to save files like the powersaves did I am an owner of powersaves and there is still games that don't work with it and the servers are up and down all the time so a cheating app that works offline and with out using a pc.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Margen67
No, it can't
The n64 emu on the psp runs "smoothly" (with some tweakings). The 3ds has more horsepower compared to the psp, so why do you think it wouldn't be able to run thr n64???

On-topic: idk if it has been mentioned so far, but having a save dumping / restoration tool would be awesome (supporting both ds and 3ds games)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Margen67
The n64 emu on the psp runs "smoothly" (with some tweakings). The 3ds has more horsepower compared to the psp, so why do you think it wouldn't be able to run thr n64???

On-topic: idk if it has been mentioned so far, but having a save dumping / restoration tool would be awesome (supporting both ds and 3ds games)
thought he has a point , PSP uses MIPS CPU like the n64 so it's possible even with low specs , while the 3ds is using a totally different architecture and it's down clocked too so he's maybe right.
 
a better music player that can be minimize and have flac support....
a better web browser....
a gba emulator
a ds loader
and a universal remote using the infared... cuz why not... :3

edit: here's more...
ebook reader...
pixelart app... lel :D
vnc app??... D:
rss app??... wut
 
  • Like
Reactions: Margen67
I would like to see roms being able to be played.. woops sorry you cant! :lol: (just want to mention I was only having a joke about it a bit of fun, don't want everyone jumping down my throat :) actually on the homebrew front I would not mind to see Gateways Homebrew side take off a bit and of course as well as this, its great news! ;)
 
well if we are suggesting anything possible even if it is fairly pointless, i would kind of like a universal remote app for when i can't find my tv remote and want to turn the telly down without moving off my butt

(although if its anything like the PSP IR you would need to be 1 foot in front of the telly anyway :lol: )
 
  • Like
Reactions: Margen67 and Reecey
I personally would have like to see a good mp3/flac player which can scrobble music to last.fm and a GBA emulator would be pretty cool too so I don't have to buy a flashcard for my SP.


3DS has a pathetic DAC and non-existent amp section so I see no point but I guess it's okay for audio books or podcasts.
But FLAC? Seriously?
 
Id be happy with a comic reader that reads .cbr files.

I mean... I use a 10 inch tablet already but why the hell not?!

i don't have a tablet and i refuse too use a smart phones...
i only have my 3ds, bunch of game consoles and a pc... :3
 

Site & Scene News