Possibly Bricked Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by Santee, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Santee
    OP

Santee Jalapeño

Nov 13, 2008
    United States
    Conneticut
    So my cousing asked me to unlock his iphone 4, which I agreed to do, I installed SAM through cydia, but it froze and when a restarted it it gave me a itunes recovery icon.

So I've been trying to recover it for a day now, and I've gotten just about every error possible 22,11,10,1394,2005, etc. I've reinstalled itunes about 12 times, used several combinations of tiny umbrella, and sevral ispw versions. Right now I just want to get it out of recovery, I couldn't care less about the unlock, I need some help with this.

2. finkmac

finkmac GBAtemp Fan

Nov 9, 2011
    Canada
    Over there
    It's really hard to brick an iPhone... I think wiping the NAND is about the only thing that would permanently brick it...

Put it in recovery mode... Try a restore...

If that fails, put it in DFU mode, and attempt a restore.

3. Santee
    OP

Santee Jalapeño

Nov 13, 2008
    United States
    Conneticut
    Alright I realize I was very vague in my first post, so I put into dfu mode but I get stuck on an endless cycle of verifying iPhone restore, I can't seem to find any way to get past it, any help.

Edit: Now I get error code 1602, but the only solution I've found out is I have to reinstall iTunes, and I've done that about 12 times already.

4. SilverLightning

SilverLightning Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2012
    Canada
    Try holding down the sleep/wake button and the home button at the same time until it turns off, then restart

5. chris888222

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Oct 11, 2010
    Senegal
    In that case I think the only way is to restore to 5.1 with iTunes. (If iTunes reads it)

1 person likes this.
  6. Santee
    OP

Santee Jalapeño

Nov 13, 2008
    United States
    Conneticut
    Solved the problem by using a different ccomputer thanks for the help.