Hacking Possible to use Gameshark on GBA .cias?

actualkoifish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I'm looking to install some Pokemon .cias on my Luma 3DS, but I'm kind of wanting to reduce the mindless grind for a few less common pokemon encounters (like bagon and ralts for example). But otherwise I just want to play the vanilla game. Is it possible to use gameshark codes on GBA games that have been installed as .cias?

Returnofganon

I pretend like I know what I'm talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think it would be, unless someone made a NTR cheat menu for it. It would be easier to use cheats on an emulator. Perhaps you can use the cheats on an emulator, and inject the save into the virtual console cia

Ironknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sadly no, as Gameshark (NTR CFW) modifies the NFIRM (3DS Firmware) to cheat, while GBA games run in AGB_FIRM, and DS games run in TWL_FIRM.So only cheats in 3DS games will work.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You could just use the latest commit of decrypt9 to dump the GBA save of your game, on the PC use the gameshark cheat, and then, inject the save using decrypt9...

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya chrisd, welcome to the temp!
While what you've mentioned is possible with a9lh, it hasn't been done yet. Who knows what the future holds? ;)
Anyway, please use the noob paradise for questions. We're swamped in people asking the same questions over and over and over again. (Even though this is somewhat original)
Hope you stick around! It's pretty nice here :D

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
huh, sure, but that wouldn't work for everything, and any patches would have to be applied upon boot/reboot . I've no idea if after bootting FIRM, any code can be loaded/triggered.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I'm looking to install some Pokemon .cias on my Luma 3DS, but I'm kind of wanting to reduce the mindless grind for a few less common pokemon encounters (like bagon and ralts for example). But otherwise I just want to play the vanilla game. Is it possible to use gameshark codes on GBA games that have been installed as .cias?
Question has already been asked several times before, but I'll answer it again. No. There is technically a way to, but it's fairly complicated and involves actually modifying the game and reinstalling the CIA for it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You can try this: https://filetrip.net/gba-downloads/tools-utilities/download-gbaatm-1-9-9-7-0-0-1-f33297.html
You can also try a map editor like AdvanceMap to increase the chances of finding certain Pokemon.
You will have to patch the GBA rom and inject it into a CIA.
Is Ralts really that hard to find in R/S/E? I never had problems finding it.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ralts has a 15% encounter rate on route 102 (outside peteburg city) as for bagons, they were never to hard to find, but you have to go to this one room in mt moon that needs waterfall to get there.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's possible to patch AGB_FIRM - therefore it is theoretically possible to do this.
Maybe, if you want it done that badly, you could impress the whole scene and do it yourself? ;-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night