Hardware Possible to turn a hardmod back to stock?

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bought a faulty original 3DS console and found that it had been hard modded as shown in the picture near the headphone socket.

Unfortunately the console does not include any additional cables to plug into that white socket and I don't have any skills to make my own one. Even if I do desolder the socket, is it still possible to turn the console back to stock?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You can always desolder everything and change the cover to make it look stock. In order to make it stock, you'd also have to remove CFW (if it has any) or make it functional.

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whoever modded this... needs to learn how to properly use a glue gun and in fact not use a glue gun at all... grow up and use Kapton tape

Reactions: Asia81

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But it was sold as faulty
I know and my comment really doesn't help, sorry about that. Just seeing that mess of hot glue makes me wonder just what other damages lay under that mess. Which leads me to this statement, the OP going to have to remove that hot glue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...