Possible to transfer games from Original Wii . . . .

Discussion in 'Wii U - Nintendo Network' started by dlf, Jan 21, 2015.

1. dlf
    OP

dlf GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2009
    United States
    First and foremost, my original (and first Wii) - bought in late January 2007 was stolen in 2010. Bought a new Wii shortly after and homebrewed it to get get the Virtual Console games I had (on the first Wii) back . . . . Bought a Wii U in December, could I transfer the VC games from my second Wii to my Wii U, or would Nintendo not like that? . . . .

Margen67 likes this.
  2. nobody231

nobody231 GBATemp's Resident Nobody

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Nowhere, USA
    Nintendo probably wouldn't like it, but because VC games installed from WAD are actually installed, I THINK it would work.

3. dlf
    OP

dlf GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2009
    United States
    Apparently the shop channel "requires" an update but If I try to get the update I get error code: 32007. Some youtube video shows disabling (or enabling) updates to occur with priiloder (or something similar named app), link to download app?

4. Cartman401

Cartman401 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 7, 2002
    I am doing this right now actually and was getting the same error. A quick google suggested changing my router wifi channel to 1 or 11. I changed it to 1 and it worked immediately.

5. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Yes, it's Priiloader. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING

6. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    You cannot transfer a VC or WiiWare install to a Wii from WAD to a Wii U. It will check if the vc/ww was legally installed by cross refering your Club Nintendo Account or NNID.

Pip'

7. HNKii

HNKii GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2014
    Switzerland
    Mario Kart Wii-DS Link Play Stadium
    I don't think it requires a CN account or NNID to check the if the installation was (il)legal.
    Illegally installed VC/WW have fakesigned tickets, which can be detected by the Wii shop easily.

8. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 6, 2012
    United States
    So you are saying you installed pirated WADs that you want to transfer?

Official transfer won't do it. Simplest way I have found is to use the homebrew YABDM. You can dump the titles to a WAD and fakesign them if needed and then install them on the Wii U.