Misc Possible to transfer games from Original Wii . . . .

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First and foremost, my original (and first Wii) - bought in late January 2007 was stolen in 2010. Bought a new Wii shortly after and homebrewed it to get get the Virtual Console games I had (on the first Wii) back . . . . Bought a Wii U in December, could I transfer the VC games from my second Wii to my Wii U, or would Nintendo not like that? . . . .

Reactions: Margen67

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo probably wouldn't like it, but because VC games installed from WAD are actually installed, I THINK it would work.

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently the shop channel "requires" an update but If I try to get the update I get error code: 32007. Some youtube video shows disabling (or enabling) updates to occur with priiloder (or something similar named app), link to download app?

Cartman401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am doing this right now actually and was getting the same error. A quick google suggested changing my router wifi channel to 1 or 11. I changed it to 1 and it worked immediately.

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
You cannot transfer a VC or WiiWare install to a Wii from WAD to a Wii U. It will check if the vc/ww was legally installed by cross refering your Club Nintendo Account or NNID.

Pip'

I don't think it requires a CN account or NNID to check the if the installation was (il)legal.
Illegally installed VC/WW have fakesigned tickets, which can be detected by the Wii shop easily.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you are saying you installed pirated WADs that you want to transfer?

Official transfer won't do it. Simplest way I have found is to use the homebrew YABDM. You can dump the titles to a WAD and fakesign them if needed and then install them on the Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs