Hacking Possible to convert jap .bin save to US .bin?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like this:

upload_2020-9-9_18-8-8.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, doing this with a uncorrupted save will tell us how large the .dat files really are. even if the slots are empty, the data.bin is still the same size regardless of region.

Reactions: RedRose30

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, doing this with a uncorrupted save will tell us how large the .dat files really are. even if the slots are empty, the data.bin is still the same size regardless of region.
That's interesting to know. What would have to be done after finding out how big the .dat files are? Is that when you'd replace them with slot saves?

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me to do this, I'm going to have to ask a bunch of questions because I've never done this before (that and I used GX recently and the saves on my wii channel on my wii u did not show up. I'm not sure why). I don't know what to look for specifically either and I can't tell how long or large data is.

Where do you think I should go from here?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you want, I'll do it. I have a pretty good idea what to do. I used save manager gx originally to get my saves off the wii on to the wii u.

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, thanks a lot! That's awesome of you to offer to do this for me. I appreciate this a lot :D

I always used the save game extractor and installer to take copy protected saves off my wii, but I didn't realize until very recently that it doesn't work on the wii u because there's no reset button, and I can't press "A" because there's no way to put in a GC controller (wiimotes don't work). Those are the only two ways to dump/install games using those apps, so it's a bummer to realize they don't work.

Out of curiosity do you have Chocobo Dungeon?

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, thanks a lot! That's awesome of you to offer to do this for me. I appreciate this a lot :D

I always used the save game extractor and installer to take copy protected saves off my wii, but I didn't realize until very recently that it doesn't work on the wii u because there's no reset button, and I can't press "A" because there's no way to put in a GC controller (wiimotes don't work). Those are the only two ways to dump/install games using those apps, so it's a bummer to realize they don't work.

Out of curiosity do you have Chocobo Dungeon?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, for this one, you have to use save manager gx. it has copy protection on it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

that's the mario game you wanted btw.

Attachments

• 00010000524d4b45.zip
    26.7 KB · Views: 193

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we have success! I just did the first slot. let me know what you think.

I just looked at the other two .dat files. they're blank save files, so that should be good to go.
It works! Thank you so much! :lol:

I had a save file that was very close to completion some time ago, but my younger cousin accidentally deleted it. I really appreciate this!

And thank you for the Mario game too. Now I need to figure out GX lol.

Thank you again godreborn! :)

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to click "install" in save manager gx. you also need a saved game on the wii, so just load the game up to create a saved game.

chocobo's dungeon had some sort of protection (only in the American version), so I just literally deleted it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!