Homebrew Possible Nintendo 3DS exploit/vulnerability (Found by me!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know of a way to get an error while accessing the camera. my little bros friend tried to clean his 3ds with Windex of all things, and it still plays games, just no camera access. then it give the black screen while attempting to start the camera :yaysp:.

It was just an example. This one isn't exploitable obviously.

324atk

GBATemp's Personal Chocobo Breeder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good god. 54 people on this thread. Not as bad as the dhero one but still. People really want the 3ds to be hacked huh? Can't say I blame them though
Region Lock anybody?

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NipponRyan97, when your *REAL!* vulnerability can do this, tell me.

bannerjbt.jpg

We don't need spam.

Reactions: 1 person

ichidansan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know of a way to get an error while accessing the camera. my little bros friend tried to clean his 3ds with Windex of all things, and it still plays games, just no camera access. then it give the black screen while attempting to start the camera :yaysp:.

ik, i was just being a douche (trying), i really needed to on this. it's a nice try, but what was the point of the whole, if all it does is freeze. im not really that knowledgeable of hacking, but you gotta think of common sense comes to play that a freeze is a freeze. right?

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ik, i was just being a douche (trying), i really needed to on this. it's a nice try, but what was the point of the whole, if all it does is freeze. im not really that knowledgeable of hacking, but you gotta think of common sense comes to play that a freeze is a freeze. right?

A freeze is a freeze is freeze. If this were exploitable, there would be a crash or error screen.
I've frozen some games before; it doesn't mean they're exploitable.

sychotix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can put the game back in and open the manual, then maybe something can be done with it (probably after the key is found to sign code). Otherwise, probably worthless. Nice try though.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's just a glitch, nothing more. Pretty sure others have experienced the same before and it will not help in hacking the 3DS in any way. It is not a vulnerability nor an exploit, nor will it lead to either. For a start, there is no way to influence any input here. So you can't put custom code in. So even if it were a vulnerability (which is definitely isn't), you wouldn't be able to exploit it, making it still useless.

Reactions: 1 person

bud420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd laugh if this were to actually end up exploiting it, i know it wont though.

off-topic: Why do people get so mad and p*ssed off when ANYONE tries to help the 3DS hacking community? They take it so personally and try to attack/ flame any OP. A lot of people need to chill the f*ck out. He is trying to help. Also if you were smart enough, it would be stickied the second any real exploit/ hack/ mod was found/ released. One last thing; I never see any posts from the butt hurt people trying to help.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
To many people are under the impression that if other handhelds/consoles werent hacked this way then neither will the 3ds. Let people try at least ffs.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To many people are under the impression that if other handhelds/consoles werent hacked this way then neither will the 3ds. Let people try at least ffs.
Sorry. Let me rephrase my earlier post:

"Yes, of course the 3DS will be hacked through this glitch, despite the fact it is not in any way vulnerable".

It's got nothing to do with how other consoles have been hacked, it's got to do with whether or not the crash can be influenced to execute custom code, and this cannot.

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country
This belongs to the Awesome 3DS Hacking Theories thread.
Anyway, like SifJar said, this is not and will not lead to an exploit.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah? Well GBATempers are tired of newcomers saying they've found this and that... I know I am. Let's just leave it to professionals and once they found a LEAD, or a way to hack it, then let the world know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*