Hacking Possible Full Brick, How Can I Fix?

hankarlo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, my mate has just bricked his Wii doing a firmware upgrade. Its a full brick I think coz its just a black screen when you power the system up. He hasnt got preloader or bootmii or HBC installed, would it be possible to fix it, If I replaced his DVD drive, with my D2Pro modded drive & tried to get his Wii to boot with Any Region Changer autoboot-disk? Have any of yous tried recovering form a similar situation & succeeded? Im trying to gather as much info as I can before I attempt to fix it for him. I'd really appreciate any tips or help from anyone with knowledge of unbricking Wii's.

Thanx for reading

Hankarlo

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can only fix the Wii if the recovery mode work and there is [c]IOS with trucha available.
To see the recovery mode work you can use savemiifrii and if it didn't work you can't fix the Wii with your drive.

hankarlo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanx for the replies guys...
I think it was on v3.2e before the attempted upgrade. Is there any way of knowing?

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Covarr said:
Downgrade from 4.x to 3.2, then upgrade to 3.4 will result in a full brick.

But only if there is an stub IOS installed(i think some tools know the problem and didn't install a stub IOS).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...