ROM Hack Possible fix for M&L3 on R4, TT and M3

JesseB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this old news, but I just found a thread explaining how to install and run AKAIO on an R4Ultra. Using this method, they were able to play M&L3. Maybe it would be possible to get AKAIO running from other R4 models? Just throwing it out there for what it's worth.

Original thread:

1. Download the AKAIO 1.4.1 Proper and R4 Ultra Kernel 1.54 from here : Sorry guys, gonna have to find it yourself!
2. Delete all the files of your old firmware on your micro sd
3. Copy all the files from AKAIO 1.4.1 Proper and R4 Ultra Kernel 1.54 folder you just download into your micro sd (yes, you mix those two firmwares on your sd)
4. Copy the Mario and Luigi game into your sd (the patched one with xpa-mal3.bat, not the clean one)
5. Insert your micro sd into your ds then turn on your ds
6. the R4 menu will show up but instead choosing your rom, you choose "AKMENU4.NDS"
7. Now the AKAIO menu will appear, then choose your M&L game from there.
8. Play the game

Using this method I can play the game perfectly.

With this method you can also play Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days.
So you can play both K.H 358/2 and M&L B.I on r4ultra using this firmware

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It'll only work on R4's that are clones of the AK2/AK2i, no other type of R4 will run AKAIO. You also won't be able to run any version of AKAIO after 1.4.1 Proper, the repack or 1.5 will not work.

edit : So that means no real R4's, not DSTT's and no M3 Simply. This fix will only work on the R4 Ultra or any other R4 that clones the AK2 hardware.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
Well if it works , that would be pretty good for the r4 users.... M3i zero rules lol.

No, this will just create a new wave of "I can't use this fix on my R4, can you tell me how to get it working?" threads. This "workaround" is tied to a specific type of fake R4.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
since there are tons of r4 around the corner
the title itself is misleading you should put r4 ultra not r4!
unless you can assure that the following fix will work on all r4..

furthermore, before you post this
you should have the knowledge of whether the following FIX will work on r4 or DSTT
if the following way works on DSTT
then i won't get tons of people asking me how to get DSTT to work

is better you get a mod to modify your topic
stop confusing those owners or r4 and DSTT

TrolleyDave,
sigh... how true
frown.gif

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
TrolleyDave,
what to do.. the thread starter
didn't know what he/she post could cause some messy stuff here

Acenima said:
only thing i can think of is if ur card cant support it just buy a new flashkart if u have the money

the problem is not many of them are willing to pay for it but rather hope a fix will fall from the sky
smile.gif

this time around nintendo surely is the biggest winner for mlrpg3
i wonder how is the sales ...
*googles*

Zparks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having trouble getting anything to run on my R4i Ultra via AKAIO.
Though I am fiddling with things to see what can make it work and what wont.

Zparks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably should have pointed out that I am using 1.4.1 >_<

*edit* I got it working now. Don't know what was up there. But I can confirm this works on my R4i Ultra with the modified firmware and patched rom.

Zparks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK now I'm having a slight issue; now I can't run anything; Mario worked once; after trying to play it again no game will load; but homebrew works.
As mentioned before R4i Ultra with the same setup described here.

Basically what happens is once I select a title; the word 'loading' appears in blue before changing to green, then it just hangs there; nothing more; nothing less.
Any thoughts or suggestions??

JesseB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave,
what to do.. the thread starter
didn't know what he/she post could cause some messy stuff here

Actually, if you read the thread title, it says POSSIBLE fix. If people can't be bothered to read the title of a thread before they go posting questions in it, they shouldn't be posting in the first place.
frown.gif

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i know you meant well and we are not flaming you
if you have been the forum long enough, you should know how terrible things can be....

anyway there is a fix now, which is using the new unofficial DSTT 1.170a7 firmware (DSTT) and Ysmenu + new dstt 1.170a7 (r4)
smile.gif

JesseB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
i know you meant well and we are not flaming you
if you have been the forum long enough, you should know how terrible things can be....

anyway there is a fix now, which is using the new unofficial DSTT 1.170a7 firmware (DSTT) and Ysmenu + new dstt 1.170a7 (r4)
smile.gif

I appreciate your response Elixer. I wasn't trying to rock the boat. As you can tell by my post count, i'm relatively new to this forum. I really don't know how big of a mess things can get, but i'll take your word and be more careful about what I post from now on. I was also Overjoyed to see that there is now a fix for R4. I'm playing M&L3 right now. Good thing I didn't buckle and buy an AceKard like alot of other people. Keep up the good work.

Peace
smile.gif

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
hey, i have an r4i Ultra. i loaded AKAIO 1.4.1 PROPER just like you said, and it loaded fine. but when i load a game, it just says "loading..." forever.
can you help me? cause i was thinking of using r4crypt to make AKAIO boot automatically.

no ysmenu doesnt work with R4ultra (im trying to try AK2YSAUTO but there seems to be no copy of it on the net ATM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-