Hacking Possible Bluetooth adapter for 3ds?

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
@crumoetz: I also don't think that's impossible but it is a task that's not accomplished in a few days of work yet alone as a one person project. In the current state you would have to do this:

Find an user land exploit in the Pokemon game.
Then Loading arbitrary code while maintaining the core of the bt functions.
Gaining kernel level access to the arm9 processor.
Exploiting arm11 from the arm9 process and break out of the NDS firm.
Hack somehow the functionality of the 3ds firmware to make use of the bt keyboard.

Man you have to be a monster to do this.
that, plus some hardware and soldering stuff,

crumpetz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@crumoetz: I also don't think that's impossible but it is a task that's not accomplished in a few days of work yet alone as a one person project. In the current state you would have to do this:

Find an user land exploit in the Pokemon game.
Then Loading arbitrary code while maintaining the core of the bt functions.
Gaining kernel level access to the arm9 processor. (Not too sure if arm9 cpu is running the NDS core)
Exploiting arm11 from the arm9 process and break out of the NDS firm.
Hack somehow the functionality of the 3ds firmware to make use of the bt keyboard.

Man you have to be a monster to do this.
That's exactly why i find this so interesting.

Reactions: GothicIII

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm didn't mean for mass distribution or anything like that. Just want to learn if it's possible and if so, how.
Well, first, you or anyone else with the cartridge would have to take it apart and learn how the system accesses it. If you're lucky and the system has direct access to it, then you just have to write a library for it. That would probably take quite a while as you'd either have to trial and error it or intercept what the DS sends and receives from it while playing the game. Then you could use that library in homebrew you or anyone else codes to use it.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, first, you or anyone else with the cartridge would have to take it apart and learn how the system accesses it. If you're lucky and the system has direct access to it, then you just have to write a library for it. That would probably take quite a while as you'd either have to trial and error it or intercept what the DS sends and receives from it while playing the game. Then you could use that library in homebrew you or anyone else codes to use it.

Don't forget he needs to break out of the NDS core and and make it run with the 3ds firm. NDS code is not something that runs in background. That's why the 3ds restarts when you exit a NDS game.

The todo list would be insane complicated. I need popcorn :3

Reactions: crumpetz

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I guess @TuxSH has more knowledge about this, as this is DS-related stuff.
I think this could be used, but very limited, and you would need to get the right pxi:dev functions (with, of course, the right header to use it, so it won't simply work by booting HBL from Cubic Ninja, you'll need signpatches or an application that has access to that) for that, or inject a custom ARM9 service with firmlaunching, or the easier way to me, to use it when using it with an ARM9 payload (Brahma-like). And by doing so, you would break the OS, and homebrews would be really slow. Seriously, I don't think it would be useful at all.

(You have to set the cartridge in bluetooth access mode, too, not in save chip access mode)

Last edited by Mrrraou,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget he needs to break out of the NDS core and and make it run with the 3ds firm. NDS code is not something that runs in background. That's why the 3ds restarts when you exit a NDS game.

The todo list would be insane complicated. I need popcorn :3
It really depends on how it's accessed. Though, you're probably right, I doubt Nintendo would let it be exposed for homebrewers to come by and tinker with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.