1. kazenadama

OP kazenadama Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey all, I know how doomed this game has been since A0 dropped it, and that this is a long stretch.

I know a group of people who are willing to translate the game and do whatever means necessary to bring this game to English. Our problem--we lack a skilled hacker and programmer, and PS2 Tales are quite notorious for their weird formats. Because of this, it's beyond our ability to hack the game and create a patch.

We are looking for a starting point in the hacking side of things. Whether it's someone who has interest in doing it and taking up the task, or who can at least give us some starting advice. None of us are savvy when it comes to programming, so at this point, anything at all would be helpful!

Our potential project members are passionate fans of Tales who love Destiny DC and other unlocalized Tales games, and have worked on various small scale translation projects for Tales in the past. We'd love to see this game make it to a Western audience, and are really hoping to start somewhere with it!

Please reach out to us if you are interested!

zfreeman and Dodain47 like this.
  2. kazenadama

OP kazenadama Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Update: We came across some tools we didn't know had been published online!

While we are going to try and poke at them ourselves, we still very much would like someone skilled in this area to take a look at it if at all possible.

The tools can be found here with a short guide here. It's a small start, but a start nonetheless, and we are determined to patch this game one way or another!

We are still recruiting team members, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you are interested in working on it!

3. maryong

maryong Newbie
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Did you have try to contact some people from absolute zero discord dude?

4. kazenadama

OP kazenadama Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I wouldn't have had to make this post if Absolute Zero was any help. They won't share their tools or any progress they've made on DC--and they've made their stance clear that they don't think Tales needs fan translations anymore. So we have no choice but to start from scratch.

On a small update however, we may have at least had some luck with getting scenario text extracted, but are still very much troubleshooting things.

Last edited by kazenadama, Jun 11, 2020
  5. maryong

maryong Newbie
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    ahhh i see, but stormyu is doing tales of rebirth translation by himself but i think he won't give any help to another project. i am just an ordinary tales of series fanboy especially to tales of destiny so i can't give any help to you, so sorry brother

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

but i ever see someone create tales of destiny DC menu patch at some website, his name omega tempest if i am right

6. kazenadama

OP kazenadama Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm aware of them--but unfortunately they are also not viable options at the moment. I appreciate you trying to help out though. We're still figuring stuff out, but hopefully I can have a more concrete update on the status of things later.

7. maryong

maryong Newbie
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    I'm Indonesian but i really love the game maybe i can help in some editing translation phase or beta tester, i really wanna help you even just a little thing. Hope you can make our dream come true my brother

8. kazenadama

OP kazenadama Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'll keep that in mind for when we reach that point and talk to the leads about it!

9. Bornofdreamers

Newcomer

United States
    It's great to hear this has been picked up by someone. Sad that Omega Tempest can't help, they seemed very adamant about creating a translation for this, wonder what happened, I also noticed they removed the youtube videos they created of the translation for this game. I'm involved in game development and would be happy to help if theres anything I can do, let me know

10. kazenadama

OP kazenadama Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey, sorry for the late response (I read this but didn't realize I forgot to respond, sorry!)

Unfortunately I'm not sure what happened with OmegaTempest. As for your offer, are you savvy with any kind of programming? We could use any kind of help trying to use the tools a Russian team provided for text extraction and re-insertation, and if anyone can make progress with those, it would be very welcome. As we get further along, we will be able to specify in what areas exactly we'll need more help. But for now, out first priority is finding someone who can help with the text.

Can I ask what skills from your game development knowledge that you think might be able to help with hacking and or helping with the patch? We'd love to have more hands on board when it's time, and would definitely appreciate some knowledge in the field. I'll keep this in mind for the future.

If you think you can help with ripping scripts and the re-insertation part, then feel free to DM me now.

Last edited by kazenadama, Jul 5, 2020
  11. nictse

nictse Member
    Newcomer

United States
    still waiting
    I'll play the original PS version instead....

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Possibility, Destiny, English