Gaming Portal

Tommy_T

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On my course (I study Computer Games Design) Theres a few guys working on a multiplayer portal Mod, I havn't seen it in action yet but one guy told me today that they could get either 16 or 32 players going all with 2 portals each. Madness. I dont think they got a website or anything but if they do i'll post it here.

Caoimhin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
On my course (I study Computer Games Design) Theres a few guys working on a multiplayer portal Mod, I havn't seen it in action yet but one guy told me today that they could get either 16 or 32 players going all with 2 portals each. Madness. I dont think they got a website or anything but if they do i'll post it here.
Oh that would be great
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the info!

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I looked this up (multiplayer portal) about a week ago.

Currently, Valve hasn't released any SDK for Portal, which makes it difficult to make any mods for Portal or based on Portal.
If you look on Youtube, there are some videos of people trying to do it anyway. But I couldn't find anything showing people using portals with other people. Just people running around with the Portal player model and being able to pick up barrels and other crap. Nothing major.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried the exite mod for HL2 (it came out way before Portal) I'm pretty sure it has multiplayer, but it's so buggy. The system that the portals use to clone objects is much inferior to Valve's.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's gonna be hard but would be awesome if we saw an online mod.

I think one of the problems is that when you're going through a portal and you go through the other one on the roof how is it going to animate you flipping around? If you know what I mean.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it