Portable Steam For All!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter MarioMasta64
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 97,021
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Likes Likes 7
Bit new to all this, have downloaded the "everything" zip and then run the "Launch Steam.bat". But when I select option 2 to run steam nothing happens??
you have to press d to install first it even gives you a message telling you to do so
 
i don't know if you look at this project again, but I decided to try this out, and installed Steam on an External SSD. it seemed to have asked for stuff that still require the Windows registry, and while it did work on a PC that I have direct access towards, it doesn't on another one that doesn't. In fact, Steam wouldn't run without this important information, and I have uninstalled it.
 
i don't know if you look at this project again, but I decided to try this out, and installed Steam on an External SSD. it seemed to have asked for stuff that still require the Windows registry, and while it did work on a PC that I have direct access towards, it doesn't on another one that doesn't. In fact, Steam wouldn't run without this important information, and I have uninstalled it.
games that require certain things (like vcredist, directx, etc..) or anti-cheat will have additional installers, it is not anything to do with this program at all but the games requirements themselves

for at least some of these (such as directx, vcredist, and a few others) you can use the install dlls options, this will apply to some things but things that have extra programs that need to be installed (for example a game might install rockstar launcher) wont work

steam is portable, every game may not be, this is about the best its going to be
Post automatically merged:

Can someone help me with this?
Post automatically merged:


I installed steam by pressing d but when I go to launch it says to install steam first.
its likely youre in a school, office, or public library or place that blocks certain urls that steam uses. if its unable to download things it will be unable to work, try again at a different location
Post automatically merged:

also youre using the old project which only acts as a stub updater (in case you were still using it) please replace the steam launcher with the one from this repo (launch_steam.bat):

https://gbatemp.net/threads/portableeverything-for-all.465297/

no other change is required
Post automatically merged:

also this is the old thread please use the new one, its also stated here, no registry changes are made because this stub file doesnt actually do anything except update to the newer one if you had the old one, this is why the "steam wouldnt run"
1790795703408.png
 
Last edited by MarioMasta64,

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted