Popular 3DS Theme site 3DSThem.es shuts down due to financial issues

upload_2017-12-9_18-13-3.png
Popular 3DS Theme site 3DSThem.es has recently shut down due to "financial difficulties". Any attempt to access the site now results in a 522 error, as seen above. The Themely repo on GitHub was also archived around the same time. I'd like to remind people that this does not mean that the themes are lost. Most of them are still available on the 3DSThem.es Archive. Given that 3DSThem.es has shut down, the Theme Browser in Themely will no longer function. This was really the only benefit of the closed-source version, so it is recommended that you switch to either the open-source fork of Themely by ihaveamac or Anemone3DS by astronautlevel. Don't fret, because another 3DS Theme site, Theme Plaza, exists. Now, let's have a moment of silence for Themely and 3DSThem.es... :cry:

:arrow:SOURCE: Reddit

(P.S.: Erman, 3DSThem.es's creator, is doing fine, so don't worry about him.)

Last edited by PrincessLillie,
D

Deleted User

Once again, the majority of people claiming he just stopped because he wanted to, not because of his "financial issues".
1. He was like 15
2. He doesn't owe you anything you ungrateful bastards

ZeroHikari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So guess I have to ask, as i'm sure a lot of people don't want to be first shot of this, is there a good alternative apart from That iso site? I think i've seen a backup of the 3dsthem.es website on google but would be nice to find an alternative

Edit: I'm only putting this here because you're guaranteed that people won't even read the first post and will start panicking "muh themez!"

(please don't shoot me!)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've also found the backup archive of 3dsthem.es if you want to add this to main post here

Last edited by ZeroHikari,

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
So guess I have to ask, as i'm sure a lot of people don't want to be first shot of this, is there a good alternative apart from That iso site
An alternative to 3DSThem.es? Try Theme Plaza, link's in the OP.
I've also found the backup archive of 3dsthem.es if you want to add this to main post here
It's already in the OP lmao

Closet Nerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when I had my 3ds I browsed this site and was surprised at the amount and diversity of themes. I used the diablo 2 rogue encampment music theme and img - on a 3ds homescreen lol. So thanks to the owner of the site and whoever uploaded that theme. RIP.

D

Deleted User

So does Anemone. Which doesn't have bugs, is quicker and has more options.
:/
more options is a bad thing
more chance to screw up if your 3ds turns on in your pocket (why did they think a power button on the outside was a good idea for a folding system???)
also I tried themely once and all my Megumin themes made it crash
haven't tried anemone yet but I still like the gui for chmm2 abd how it doesn't crash when I select Megumin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU