Popular 3DS Theme site 3DSThem.es shuts down due to financial issues

upload_2017-12-9_18-13-3.png
Popular 3DS Theme site 3DSThem.es has recently shut down due to "financial difficulties". Any attempt to access the site now results in a 522 error, as seen above. The Themely repo on GitHub was also archived around the same time. I'd like to remind people that this does not mean that the themes are lost. Most of them are still available on the 3DSThem.es Archive. Given that 3DSThem.es has shut down, the Theme Browser in Themely will no longer function. This was really the only benefit of the closed-source version, so it is recommended that you switch to either the open-source fork of Themely by ihaveamac or Anemone3DS by astronautlevel. Don't fret, because another 3DS Theme site, Theme Plaza, exists. Now, let's have a moment of silence for Themely and 3DSThem.es... :cry:

:arrow:SOURCE: Reddit

(P.S.: Erman, 3DSThem.es's creator, is doing fine, so don't worry about him.)

Last edited by PrincessLillie,

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the owner of this website the guy who tried to block others from making mirrors of the themes on the website?
Uh, I don't remember that, but my memory isn't the best, so...
All I remember is that Erman (AKA erman1337 AKA ErmanSayin) was the source of a lot of controversy within the 3DS Hacking scene.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, a person I'm in a Discord server with just reminded me of the recaptcha system he used once on his site lmao :rofl2:
My memory really has become trash.

Shadicluigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Popular 3DS Theme site 3DSThem.es has recently shut down due to "financial difficulties". Any attempt to access the site now results in a 522 error, as seen above. The Themely repo on GitHub was also archived around the same time. I'd like to remind people that this does not mean that the themes are lost. Most of them are still available on the 3DSThem.es Archive. Given that 3DSThem.es has shut down, the Theme Browser in Themely will no longer function. This was really the only benefit of the closed-source version, so it is recommended that you switch to either the open-source fork of Themely by ihaveamac or Anemone3DS by astronautlevel. Don't fret, because another 3DS Theme site, Theme Plaza, exists. Now, let's have a moment of silence for Themely and 3DSThem.es... :cry:

:arrow:SOURCE: Reddit

(P.S.: Erman, 3DSThem.es's creator, is doing fine, so don't worry about him.)
We need a modified version of Themely that can access Theme Plaza, as it's nowhere near as popular and many people aren't willing to pull out their SD just for a theme. Anyways, I uploaded a Yu Yu Hakusho theme the second the site closed, even the archive site never got a chance to save it.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
We need a modified version of Themely that can access Theme Plaza, as it's nowhere near as popular and many people aren't willing to pull out their SD just for a theme. Anyways, I uploaded a Yu Yu Hakusho theme the second the site closed, even the archive site never got a chance to save it.
A. You can scan QR Codes. Even then, I hope someone will make a pull request to the open-source Themely or to Anemone3DS and add a theme downloader.
B. If you still have the theme file, you can upload it to Theme Plaza!

Shadicluigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A. You can scan QR Codes. Even then, I hope someone will make a pull request to the open-source Themely or to Anemone3DS and add a theme downloader.
B. If you still have the theme file, you can upload it to Theme Plaza!
Scanning QR Codes still is inconvenient. And B, I already did

Last edited by Shadicluigi,

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Scanning QR Codes still is inconvenient.
Yeah, true...
If anyone reading this has any experience with code, make a pull request to Anemone3DS!

Reactions: Shadicluigi

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Meh. It's a niche system. The 3DS is a great system. However, the modified side (homebrew) leads to a wasteland of service sites. So, it had a great run, but this was inevitable for a free service site like that

D

Deleted User

Meh. It's a niche system. The 3DS is a great system. However, the modified side (homebrew) leads to a wasteland of service sites. So, it had a great run, but this was inevitable for a free service site like that
  1. People get access to homebrew
  2. People are lazy and want others to make things for them
  3. People give in and make these things
  4. People demand a common area to get these files instead of spread out
  5. Optional:
    • Someone makes a great service but it costs money/has plenty of ads to support itself (or it has a Patreon)
    • People deny this service claiming either this person is profiting off of what should be free, or the service should be non-profit.
    • Service dies off
  6. Somebody makes a free service that is decent enough for every day use
  7. Service can't support itself and dies off
  8. Repeat steps 4-7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning