Hacking Emulation POPS on PSP/Vita - Config Research

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can't get Rally de Africa and Rally de Europe to start on my PSP3004; they don't even get to the PS1 logo. Has anyone tried them? Do they work for you?

Moreover, with Shadow Master PSP crashes at the first explosion of an alien.

Tales of Destiny also has problems. The game freezes at the beginning on black screen when the three characters leave the captain's room.

Last edited by Nikokaro,
Reactions: The_Ho

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Patch for Sled Storm USA.

I believe that now you can play with a better speed in the game. Watch the video for comparison, the capture seems a little slower, I think it's some delay, don't mind my tragic ending lol... xD

View attachment 324375

Download: SledStormSLUS_009.55_SlowVITAFix
Hi, thanks for this latest patch, I already downloaded it but it doesn't have a readme, I'm just asking if you need to change the game id by converting it with psx2psp? Or just apply the xdelta patch and keep your original game id?

A fix for Shadow Master for adrenaline would be cool because it doesn't work on pcsx either.

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can't get Rally de Africa and Rally de Europe to start on my PSP3004; they don't even get to the PS1 logo. Has anyone tried them? Do they work for you?

Moreover, with Shadow Master PSP crashes at the first explosion of an alien.

Tales of Destiny also has problems. The game freezes at the beginning on black screen when the three characters leave the captain's room.

Tales of Destiny(US): I played the entire intro of the game until Sthan fell on the beach and woke up in bed, no problems, game converted with PSX2PSP compression 1. > 6.61 firmware PSP

OBS: Internet reports say that the game has problems only later on with about 18 hours of play where it crashes when using spells, and to solve this just disable them and the game goes well through the part and then you can use them. las normally according to a post here from GBAtemp itself.

----

Rally de Europe(JP)
: Game started normally, I played an entire race in championship mode without problems, game converted with PSX2PSP compression 1. > 6.61 firmware PSP

----

Rally de Africa(JP): Game started normally, I played an entire race in championship mode without problems, game converted with PSX2PSP compression 1. > 6.61 firmware PSP

OBS: I didn't know these Rally games, I recommend, excellent gameplay making the game very fun, very good graphics also for the PS1.

----

Shadow Master (US/EU): Game crashes when starting combat generating an explosion in 6.61 firmware PSP, I tested Resident IDs and they didn't solve the problem, probably some other ID should fix it. I was able to play the game perfectly and without problems with POPsLoader set to 3.03.

>> Tested on PSP 3001 - 6.61-PRO-C2 by qwikrazor - FastRecovery Activation.

Hi, thanks for this latest patch, I already downloaded it but it doesn't have a readme, I'm just asking if you need to change the game id by converting it with psx2psp? Or just apply the xdelta patch and keep your original game id?

A fix for Shadow Master for adrenaline would be cool because it doesn't work on pcsx either.

Glad you liked it.

No GAMEID change. Just apply it to the American game image with the Tracks joined with CDMage.

Shadow Master I will look when I have more time. But if someone goes testing and finds a solution, it would be good to post here. :D

Hug.

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't understand why those 2 rally games won't start on my PSP. Maybe because I compressed them too much ? I will try with minimal compression. For ToD, I don't understand why it crashes : maybe they are problems that only affect psp3000 model?
For PS1 games on the PSP or PSVita I don't recommend compression 0 or above 1. A higher margin of error is reported using high compressions and using 0 as well, 1 was the most balanced. I don't think the problem has to do with 3000 models, the one I tested was also a 3000(01). Check the compression, use 1, if it doesn't work, see if the SHA, CRC of your image is matching what is described on the REDUMP site, if not, download the image from another place, if so, try to remake the image by mounting it on a Drive Virtual and extracting it as .img and converting a new EBOOT. Some PS1 games work better if used as .img than .bin mainly for CDDAs operation, an example is Winning Eleven 2002, if you convert it from a .bin the game may crash at the opening sound of pressing Start , if you convert from an .img the game will not crash, there are very few exceptions, but there are.

• Wow
Reactions: Nikokaro

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@The_Ho thank you chief, for your time and insightful responses. And congratulations on the success of this thread of yours. Since you are so kind, I will visit you again if I need help, and if I don't bother. 😉
Thank you friend.
Yes, if you need some help and I know how to solve it, I won't deny helping.

bellonoq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Thank you friend.
Yes, if you need some help and I know how to solve it, I won't deny helping.
man u r really great, thnx for patches.
one q, can u please upload patch for dw7 one more time, link seems expires, and what about valkirie, does it fully playble?

Last edited by bellonoq,

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
man u r really great, thnx for patches.
one q, can u please upload patch for dw7 one more time, link seems expires, and what about valkirie, does it fully playble?
I think so, I didn't play it fully, but I took several saves on the Internet and tested for a few hours all the known points of problems and they didn't happen anymore, the only problem that is not directly circumvented was a crash in the Mermaid recruitment, but for this one part I did a Workaround that helps to get through just doing a disc change, going through the siren part without crashes and then loading the game on the previous disc to continue without problems..

Reactions: bellonoq

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi @The_Ho . Do you have any solutions regarding V-Rally '97? The game is notoriously super slow on PSP, unless you use Popsloader 3.52, which on my PSP 3004 (and I assume on others' too) has never worked and freezes/hard-resets the console!
Thank you.

Edit: For my part, I tried these things:
1) Using the now well-known all-rounder ID of Bio Hazard 2, the PS logo does not even appear;
2) Using the ID of V- Rally 2 (US) the console even crashes and shuts down;
3) Using the ID of V- Rally 2 (EU) the game starts but has the same unbearable slowdown as before.

Last edited by Nikokaro,

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi @The_Ho . Do you have any solutions regarding V-Rally '97? The game is notoriously super slow on PSP, unless you use Popsloader 3.52, which on my PSP 3004 (and I assume on others' too) has never worked and freezes/hard-resets the console!
Thank you.

Edit: For my part, I tried these things:
1) Using the now well-known all-rounder ID of Bio Hazard 2, the PS logo does not even appear;
2) Using the ID of V- Rally 2 (US) the console even crashes and shuts down;
3) Using the ID of V- Rally 2 (EU) the game starts but has the same unbearable slowdown as before.
V-Rally 97:

- Tested with POPsLoader V4i on PSP-3001.

- 6.61: Severe slowdown.

- 3.52: It ran apparently normal, I had no errors.

- GAMEID: SLES00972: It ran apparently normal on 6.61, I got no errors.
NOTE: Resident Evil 2 Region PAL GAMEID, if you have this game on PSP so that save overwriting does not happen, use the tutorial here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-mode-to-fix-ps1-games-for-psp-and-psvita.607286/post-9842659

- GAMEID: SLPS01222/01223 With input region change (SCEI) to Japanese using SetRegion: Game ran normally.
NOTE: Resident Evil 2 GAMEID JAP Region, if you have this game on PSP so that save overwrites don't happen, use the tutorial here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-mode-to-fix-ps1-games-for-psp-and-psvita.607286/post-9842659

MatheusStaffa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am trying to play Spyro 3 - Year of the Dragon 1.1 NTSC-U (no black label) on my ps vita using adrenaline 6.61 but the anti-piracy trigger somewhere between the second and third homeworld. I've noted that the fairy doesn't appear saying that the copy is illegal on the first homeworld. Is there anyway to bypass this security?

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am trying to play Spyro 3 - Year of the Dragon 1.1 NTSC-U (no black label) on my ps vita using adrenaline 6.61 but the anti-piracy trigger somewhere between the second and third homeworld. I've noted that the fairy doesn't appear saying that the copy is illegal on the first homeworld. Is there anyway to bypass this security?
This game has the PSN version if you prefer. But I remember having played it on PSP 6.61, Version 1.1 as well and there were no problems. Your case appears to be version 1.1 GH/Platinum PAL, which is said to have several LibCrypt protections. To take a look I will need your Save Games and this version of the game. MP....

MatheusStaffa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Here is my save file and you can see in Sheila's alph the third egg disappeared. Also, after some time sparx will green at max and bosses are much harder than usual. The worst part is that everything will trigger randomly.

Attachments

• SCUS94467.zip
    18.9 KB · Views: 35

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
V-Rally 97:

- Tested with POPsLoader V4i on PSP-3001.

- 6.61: Severe slowdown.

- 3.52: It ran apparently normal, I had no errors.

- GAMEID: SLES00972: It ran apparently normal on 6.61, I got no errors.
NOTE: Resident Evil 2 Region PAL GAMEID, if you have this game on PSP so that save overwriting does not happen, use the tutorial here:

- GAMEID: SLPS01222/01223 With input region change (SCEI) to Japanese using SetRegion: Game ran normally.
NOTE: Resident Evil 2 GAMEID JAP Region, if you have this game on PSP so that save overwrites don't happen, use the tutorial here:
With SLES_00972 worked perfectly. Regarding Pops ver. 3.52, on my PSP it never worked, I wonder why... 🤔

Arigato gozaimasu 😑 🙏 😉

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Here is my save file and you can see in Sheila's alph the third egg disappeared. Also, after some time sparx will green at max and bosses are much harder than usual. The worst part is that everything will trigger randomly.
1 - I tested your game for a while, and it really has LibCrypt anti piracy and anti modchip protection, the strange thing that is not listed in REDUMP, there it is only listed as AntiModchip (which POPs ignores), and Libcrypt only in the PAL version. To play this game on a real console you will need a Stealth chip.

2 - I noticed that the problem is linked to the Save Game, even if I put the PSN version or 1.0 that are free of problems they still occur when loading the save game provided by you.

3 - I decided to play version 1.1 from the beginning without using your save, I played until the part where the balloon is ready to go without any problems until that point, I played a little more and nothing too, Sheila's egg did not disappear and no other part of the game's progress either, which according to this video, there should have been at least 3 problems but they didn't:

4 - Did you start this game from the beginning on PSVita or is this a save game moved to it?, if it is a savegame moved the problem could be this, the failures that occurred by the game started in an incompatible location are inside your load file (Save).

5 - If you started the game on PSVita it can really be a protection problem, if you want to play on the portable play version 1.0 or PSN which is also 1.0.

6 - Attempts to fix LibCrypt patches for this version of the game don't seem to work.

7 - Playing version 1.1 on emulators like ePSXe, Mednafen, DuckStation or a console with Modchip Stealth can give you a better experience.

Sorry for asking again, but any news on fixing Shadow Master for Vita?
Hi friend, I still haven't looked beyond what I've already described here.

With SLES_00972 worked perfectly. Regarding Pops ver. 3.52, on my PSP it never worked, I wonder why... 🤔

Arigato gozaimasu 😑 🙏 😉

Glad it worked.

About POPsLoader
All POPS working with PSP Fat, 2000 and 3000 3g
PSP 3000 4g and 9g (maybe all):

Every POPS from 3.02 to 3.52 WORKS
Every POPS from 3.71 to 6.00 DOESN'T WORK
Every POPS from 6.20 to Original from flash POPS WORKS

PSP GO:

Every POPS from 3.02 to 3.52 WORKS. Sound ONLY works with Headphones!!!
Every POPS from 3.71 to 6.00 DOESN'T WORK
Every POPS from 6.20 to Original from flash POPS WORKS

Remember only use POPSLoader if you are experiencing a problem with the game, if not just leave it at default (original from flash).

I don't know what version you use, but for me the v4i version on 3001 works fine.

Last edited by The_Ho,

MatheusStaffa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
About the number 4: i've started with a ntsc-u 1.1 iso and a fresh save and played up until the end of the second world when i noticed the antipiracy trigger (Sheila's alph egg disappeared). So i switched to another iso with a different checksum withe the same version and the same save and for about a hour, everything played ok but after that, Sheila's alph egg disappeared again. If you want i can start a fresh save and play up until the third world to test again (i am training Speedrun, so it's not a big deal).

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
About the number 4: i've started with a ntsc-u 1.1 iso and a fresh save and played up until the end of the second world when i noticed the antipiracy trigger (Sheila's alph egg disappeared). So i switched to another iso with a different checksum withe the same version and the same save and for about a hour, everything played ok but after that, Sheila's alph egg disappeared again. If you want i can start a fresh save and play up until the third world to test again (i am training Speedrun, so it's not a big deal).

It would be of great help for at least people not to waste time trying to run this version on Vita or PSP 6.61.

You could use an image with:

CRC: 7af84f63

SHA1: 81eae747fbd9b2ff75ae5b3e24287bb25fcb516a

This is the one in REDUMP and doesn't cite LibCrypt protection.

Thanks

Reactions: MatheusStaffa

MatheusStaffa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It would be of great help for at least people not to waste time trying to run this version on Vita or PSP 6.61.

You could use an image with:

CRC: 7af84f63

SHA1: 81eae747fbd9b2ff75ae5b3e24287bb25fcb516a

This is the one in REDUMP and doesn't cite LibCrypt protection.

Thanks
Thanks for the help. After some test i found out 1.1 version does have the antipiracy trigger too (with CRC 7af84f63). But the way to trigger is different: using cheat codes like the widescreen game shark cheat. Without using cheat codes, the game didn't trigger anything up to the third world. Thanks again for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone