Hacking Emulation POPS on PSP/Vita - Config Research

wad11656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the ID that needs to be entered to run Rollcage Stage II on the PSP (which normally does not even start)? I've read that this title is mentioned several times in this thread but I haven't read what the related solution would be. Thanks.

SLPS02191 but the PS1 .bin additionally needs Japanese region sectors injected with "setregion.exe". Just download The_Ho's pre-made version he released online (and if you want different artwork/audio on the XMB, just edit his EBOOT in PSX2PSP)

Reactions: The_Ho and Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you know about the place where Romance and CDs gather?
Who doesn't know it? 🤣

Actually I have a ripped version (50mb) without music tracks, which works on emulator. Is it enough to put the ID they suggested above for it to work, or do I need to do something else?

In addition, I found other titles that do not start (at least with psp3004):
Formula One Arcade
Block Kuzushi Kowashite (this one is especially cute😘)
Block Kuzushi 2
Puzzle Arena Toshinden
Hyakujuu Sentai GaoRanger
Ninpu Sentai Harikenger

Last edited by Nikokaro,
Reactions: The_Ho

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SLPS02191 but the PS1 .bin additionally needs Japanese region sectors injected with "setregion.exe". Just download The_Ho's pre-made version he released online (and if you want different artwork/audio on the XMB, just edit his EBOOT in PSX2PSP)
Hi, managed to reproduce Jackie Chan's HEX modifications for him to be functional. I said I would send you a patch and I haven't yet, sorry, I've been having some recurring health issues, but I saw that you updated the list, it's amazing. Thanks. If I extract the EBOOT image that I sent to Romance from the discs and use a redump game as a base, I can extract an Xdelta etc...
y'all gave up?
Almost, but not yet.
Who doesn't know it? 🤣

Actually I have a ripped version (50mb) without music tracks, which works on emulator. Is it enough to put the ID they suggested above for it to work, or do I need to do something else?

Formula One Arcade
Block Kuzushi 2
Puzzle Arena Toshinden
Ninpu Sentai Harikenger
Okay, I can check it out later, but I'm taking a break for the sake of life.

Just grab the ready made Romantic care package shaped like a CD. Works great.

For the other titles ask @The_Ho or try the working GAME_IDs listed here in the thread. One of them will do it.

Yes, most games just need a change in HEX at boot soon according to region ID, you can do it manually or using SetRegion+PSX2PSP. Only two games I've needed to do more boring HEX tasks among other things so far to work: Jackie Chan to remove the lock on Final Boss and remove the Russian language from Yapoba(???) for HITS and ISSDelux to stop the stutter by adjusting signal CPU clock and frequency

EDIT: could some moderator delete my flood below please?. I ended up doing this by accident, I don't know where I'm thinking.

Last edited by The_Ho,
Reactions: ciarli-b

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay, I can check it out later, but I'm taking a break for the sake of life.
Nah, health is much more important, buddy. 😉 You don't need to bother for me, I'll try those mentioned titles later by modifying the ID (maybe using the now infamous SLPS01222). Thanks and regards. :)

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nah, health is much more important, buddy. 😉 You don't need to bother for me, I'll try those mentioned titles later by modifying the ID (maybe using the now infamous SLPS01222). Thanks and regards. :)
Thank you friend, anything you can talk to me and I'll answer as soon as possible. If you get a solution I would like you to share it here for others, other people can search for the same and I would find the solution more easily that way. Thank you very much.

wad11656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, managed to reproduce Jackie Chan's HEX modifications for him to be functional. I said I would send you a patch and I haven't yet, sorry, I've been having some recurring health issues, but I saw that you updated the list, it's amazing. Thanks. If I extract the EBOOT image that I sent to Romance from the discs and use a redump game as a base, I can extract an Xdelta etc...

I was planning on extracting the ISO from Romance myself to get a patch myself, so it's OK. I'm still trying to work on a nice website to replace my compatibility list, but I also have mental/physical health issues I'm trying to cope with so it's taking longer than I want

• Love

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Who doesn't know it? 🤣

Formula One Arcade
Block Kuzushi 2
Puzzle Arena Toshinden
Ninpu Sentai Harikenger

Formula One Arcade finally works perfectly on the latest version of the pcsx core
Block Kuzushi Kowashite (this one is especially cute😘), exist as PS one classic search as Block Kuzushi (Major Wave Series) in nps broswer
Block Kuzushi 2 the same as the previous one
Puzzle Arena Toshinden I have not tried it
Hyakujuu Sentai GaoRanger works by changing the game id to the magical one slps01222
Ninpu Sentai Harikenger, I guess the same as above

I did not understand the previous messages well, sorry I speak Spanish, but is there a new definitive solution for Jackie Chan Stuntmaster for adrenaline?

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hyakujuu Sentai GaoRanger works by changing the game id to the magical one slps01222
I already use that ID for Hokuto no Ken; if I use it for this game as well, won't the save files interfere and overwrite? Is there a solution for this? 🤔

wad11656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already use that ID for Hokuto no Ken; if I use it for this game as well, won't the save files interfere and overwrite? Is there a solution for this? 🤔
No -- Same GameID = Shares the same 2 Virtual Memory Cards (SCEVMC0.VMP & SCEVMC1.VMP). You can store different games on the same virtual memory card.

I did not understand the previous messages well, sorry I speak Spanish, but is there a new definitive solution for Jackie Chan Stuntmaster for adrenaline?
The_Ho posted a solution on the ""Romantic"" website that disables videos, but allows you to complete the game. (The old solution had videos, I think, but crashed before the final boss.)

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Reactions: Nikokaro

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, there is conflict to use that game id for several games, it is recommended not to play them at the same time, also this game id fixes several more like Racing Lagoon, Dr Slump, Gear Fighter Dendoh, because there is no other option.

EDIT:I didn't read the previous solutions

No -- Same GameID = Shares the same 2 Virtual Memory Cards (SCEVMC0.VMP & SCEVMC1.VMP). You can store different games on the same virtual memory card.

The_Ho posted a solution on the ""Romantic"" website that disables videos, but allows you to complete the game. (The old solution had videos, I think, but crashed before the final boss.)
I understand and currently it has not been possible to solve that crash?

Do you know if you can finish in the pcsx core but without crashes?, performance works fine at first in that core.

Last edited by Snowbro88,
Reactions: Nikokaro

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, there is conflict to use that game id for several games, it is recommended not to play them at the same time, also this game id fixes several more like Racing Lagoon, Dr Slump, Gear Fighter Dendoh, because there is no other option.

EDIT:I didn't read the previous solutions

I understand and currently it has not been possible to solve that crash?

Do you know if you can finish in the pcsx core but without crashes?, performance works fine at first in that core.
If I'm not mistaken SLPS01223 works the same as SLPS01222

wankbait

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I made an account to say thank you for finding this fix!

I've gone ahead and made a similar patch to the undub version of Valkyrie Profile as well.
I don't think I can post links as a new user, so uh...
file/as4k6muc30fij9y/Valkyrie_Profile_%2528UNDUB_%252B_VITA_EBOOT_FIX%2529.zip/file

paste that at the back of a mediafire link and it should work :)

edit:
Apologies if I'm breaking any rules, I'm not sure where else I ought to share

Last edited by wankbait,
  • Love

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Patch for Sled Storm USA.

I believe that now you can play with a better speed in the game. Watch the video for comparison, the capture seems a little slower, I think it's some delay, don't mind my tragic ending lol... xD

Download: SledStormSLUS_009.55_SlowVITAFix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    linuxares @ linuxares: Nintendo be malding at that