Hacking Poor writing speed when copying Lodiine games on my SD

Testo90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys, got big writing speed drops while copying games on my sd. Its a Sandisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 SDXC1 with 80MB/s. The problem is, it starts with 15mb/s and then drops to 250kb ore sometimes 0kb. 6GB would take 10hours to copy. I thought it was my built in card reader. I bought a usb 3.0 card reader but still got these problems.

Someone got the same problems and has a solution?

Greetings and thanks for help

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if you passing a LOT of small files, its normal to do that.... the full speed occours in large files.... but 10h, is strange..did you test in another computer???

Reactions: Testo90

mr.game.and.watc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
"In short, due to indexing/memory.
Simple explanation:
While transferring, the computer has to keep an index of all the files it is copying. Each one would have a separate index or so. This creates fragmentation and such.

Real-life scenario:
Imagine you’re moving houses. Wouldn’t it be easier to just have one big box with all the things in it rather than 5 separate boxes? Having separate boxes means you would have to keep track of all those little items in it and things can go wrong easily.
Anyway, that’s just my quick insight. Might be worth reading other people’s comments if you’re more interested"

Source: http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/transfer-times-small-files-slower-big-file/

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Its long but not THAT long. I formatted and re-copied my full 246gb card. It has 3 of the backups that have the most files of any dump. With the SD card reader built into my laptop it took 4.4 hours for ALL 248gb of data. Something is wrong with your times.

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't go by the time stated by windows sometimes it says it will take 3 hrs sometimes 2 but that's only while it copies the beginning files or whatever then it starts picking up the speed again and the time drops from 2-4hrs down to minutes (18-25min depending on the size of the game roughly 4gb for the times I mentioned although I did copy over smash last night in like 20 min and that's a 13gb game. I have the same SD card as you too just the 32GB one.

edit: and I use a 2.0usb multi media card reader adapter to power my card as my pc doesn't have the ports.

Last edited by [^Blark^],

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a situation like this for my hard drive I think you need to just buy a new sd card. With my hard drive files under a gig were able to go in the drive, the files that were 1GB or more would say what your seeing 7-10hours.
Try to put a file less than 1GB and see if it transfers to your sd card.

Last edited by fst312,

koim

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Its a Sandisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 SDXC1 with 80MB/s.
I'm not going to say those numbers are pure marketing bullshit, but...
  1. they're based on an ideal scenario, not on everyday usage
  2. they're HIGHLY dependant on the card reader/writer, and saying most of those are shit would be insulting to shit.
Even with a card that's not half this fast it does not take THAT long to fill it to full, so there's definitely a problem on your end. whether it's your card, your reader, the usb port it's plugged in, etc...

Last edited by koim,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1