Hacking Question (Poll)If Team TX announces cheats on their CFW, you'll pay $30 for it?

If Team TX announces cheats on their CFW, you'll pay $30 for it?

• Total voters

StormEye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Cheat is all I really need. And save backup too, I suppose, but thats not a choice here.

Money is not really an issue for me, especially in gaming prices (its dirt cheap compared to other hobbies I have).

As long as it saves me time and effort that can be better spent elsewhere, then I'm sold.

Scarecrow B

ScrapTown
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If history has taught us something is that it is waaaay better to have open source solutions, even for stuff like cheats. With a lot more people working together to find stuff you get more content, more quality, faster updates and more variety/options. Remember GW card vs current luma/ntr. Not to mention that with closed source CFW you don’t really know what are you loading into your system, they might even be collecting data if you connect to internet (just conspiracy stuff).

Reactions: x65943

ANTONIOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
>Complains about inserting portable dongle every restart
>Current RCM payloads require a PC every time

Maybe he is going to take apart the dongle and solder its usb type c pins to the console's internal usb pins and then solder a little switch that connects the power + vol up + pin 1 and 10 at the same time and use that button to turn on the console.?

Edit: or maybe that's what I'd like to do.... nahh too much work.:wacko:

Last edited by ANTONIOPS,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if it's encrypted?
How can it be? The Switch has to be able to execute it before it could possibly "know" how to decrypt it. At the very least, a mitm attack should be able to grab whatever payload is sent to the Switch. Gateway's stuff is encrypted, but it was easy enough to grab the raw payload. That's why b9s users can chainload into Gateway...

Last edited by urherenow,

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Lol 30$. I count on 60+, and I'd even pay more. Alone the untethered payload is worth more than 60$.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone keeps mentioning Xecuter's payload will be dumped and RE'd. Everyone forgets Gateway's payload still hasn't been RE'd. It's true because it hasn't been. CFW just caught up and ended up with better solutions. AFAIK cheats still haven't been implemented in CFW as cleanly as GW's solution on 3DS.

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ugh man i was actually looking forward to this because i hate the drama around reswitched, but the fact that i have to insert the dongle on every reboot is just bleh

Outside of updates, I don't remember when I had restarted my switch. Always on sleep mode when I don't use it. No difference for me.

shinyrocara98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Outside of updates, I don't remember when I had restarted my switch. Always on sleep mode when I don't use it. No difference for me.
Same xD i really never shut down my switch since release until HBL got released, that was the First time turned it off.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I want another poll option akin to:

"No, because these guys are selling something that should be free"
But.. The exploit is free.. They're selling the hardware (mostly)

Reactions: nachuz and x65943

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I want another poll option akin to:

"No, because these guys are selling something that should be free"
There's nothing bad about selling software, they've got all the rights to make you pay for their cfw developed by them (anyway I still hate TX for other reasons)

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing bad about selling software, they've got all the rights to make you pay for their cfw developed by them (anyway I still hate TX for other reasons)
There is something wrong about profiting from piracy Imo

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is something wrong about profiting from piracy Imo
I'm not talking about morality, in a capitalistic society the only thing that matters about producing something is the income, and it's logical that they want to be paid for it
You could not buy their product, it's up to you, still, I think there's nothing bad in this perspective
(Anyway, I agree on the fact that ethically it's bad)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.