[Poll] English voices or Japanese voices - What do you prefer?

English or Japanese?

• English voices

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Japanese voices

Votes: 37 61.7%

• Total voters

Txustra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
When playing a game, do you prefer to play it with original voices (japanese v.) or with english voices?
Why?

So, english dub or japanese dub?

D

Deleted User

English... I wanna understand somthng...
if there are subtitles then japanese is better

DaFixer

Dare to be stupid
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The same I have with movies, the original voices with English subs.
Becase mossly I don't like bad dubs, becase i'm Dutch I'm used to play/watch games/movies in another languages.

Last edited by DaFixer,
D

Deleted User

Japanese subtitles for that authentic look with English voices so I can understand it.
Lol

Some ppl say that they prefer jap voices even w/o eng. Subs which they could understand. And I ask: WHY?!?
in story telling games you cant just shit on the story ... its not how its supposed to be...

D

Deleted-379826

Japanese voices because it just fits in better, although ONLY IF THERE ARE SUBS! If not there's nothing wrong with English :P

Reactions: Xandrid

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
American voices, the English have a distracting accent.
Also, if you have "bad dubs" in an animated game, then the dubbing team isn't the one at fault.

Hungry Friend

It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japanese with subs. This is especially true in Symphony of the Night because the JP fan translated version is infinitely better as far as voice acting goes, and yes that includes the PSP version too even though it's better than the initial '97 release. The Japanese voices are done professionally, plus the JP version has 2 familiars missing in other versions(PS1 version; havent played SS) called the half fairy and nose demon, which are for the most part useless because they are more or less identical to the fairy and regular demons respectively.

Also, Norio Wakamoto Dracula is pretty awesome as is Richter's JP VA. Wakamoto is the only VA I can actually name but it's all done very, very well in the original JP release. If you've watched any anime in Japanese w/subs you'll instantly recognize most of the voices.

There are a few typos in the actual translation but other than that it's a million times better, although the corny ass US dialogue has a certain charm but it gets old after a while.

Last edited by Hungry Friend, , Reason: typos/added short paragraph

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
japanese all the way, for most rpgs/animes Japanese sounds so much better.

i dont know they just sound more professional, the sound is more rough and when they shout and cry it sounds more dramatic.
japanese sounds more original to me XD

S

Saiyan Lusitano

English dubs have moved away from the early days when they were mediocre, inaccurate, laughable and cringeworthy. Now, most of them are profionally done and very precise in word for word for its original script so now it just comes down to, if the player likes the English voiceovers or not.

That's what it comes down to. If the game is available in Portuguese/Spain/English I'll choose that over Japanese but the logic still applies whether it's good or not.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the game takes place in Japan or with people obviously speaking Japanese, then that should be the language (Persona, Oreshika, etc...), when set some place else, in Final Fantasy for instance, Japanese audio doesn't feel right.

Western words like excalibur sound like trash when spoken in katakana.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I always go with Japanese when possible. Hearing Japanese names being butchered by Americans who don't even try to pronounce things correctly is just wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo