• Cryptocurrency Warning:
    The risks of trading cryptocurrencies are mainly related to its volatility. They are high-risk and speculative and it is important that you understand the risks before you start trading. They are volatile: unexpected changes in market sentiment can lead to sharp and sudden moves in price.
    Please be aware that any information provided here can be the opinion of the author. Trade at your own risk.

POLL: Do you use Bitcoin?

Bitcoin or no bitcoin?

• Total voters

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
In reality you're nursing 1 bonsai tree @ 4000W a day and ending up with 1 tiny leaf to sell at the and of harvesting season.
Well now you made it sounds neat and quaint and cozy and more fun than it actually is.

Nothing, and I mean nothing I learn about Bitcoin, Blockchain, or NFTs makes me feel any better about my already dubious suspicions about crypto. Boiled down it's a ponzi scheme with a healthy dose of gambling and sunk cost fallacy.
Basically.
This video gets thrown around a lot lately, it's not a bad summary of the whole thing and could be worth a watch.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well now you made it sounds neat and quaint and cozy and more fun than it actually is.

Basically.
This video gets thrown around a lot lately, it's not a bad summary of the whole thing and could be worth a watch.

I just watched that yesterday and went from cautiously suspicious to out right hostile towards crypto.

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.
Crypto is just a worse way of doing it.
The entire current state of crypto is doing the same thing but worse, all while people (baselessly) hype it up as something that will change the future. I've had someone try to say the stock market will incorporate the blockchain based on absolutely nothing besides I guess it sounds cool...? And completely ignoring that the current state of the market is filled with scams. "So is the current system," yes and you're not showing the alternative is any better.

Not to mention how... I don't want to say cultish but I guess I can't find another word, cultish people get. They've taken phrases and words that have no greater value (GM, LFG, NGMI, etc.) and made them into winks and nods towards each other. And then they react no differently when they get faced with disagreeing people (making me feel like this) or just really big "us vs them" mentality (saw the use of "gridders" recently, whatever that means). Guess that's what happens when you make it your entire brand and personality and add .eth to your name.

I'll admit that other people aren't helping with possibly being a bit over dramatic with the harm done and immediate vitriol towards celebrities, who are likely being lied to about how things work, but also... can't blame them. I've seen artists and accounts get hacked out of nowhere and the most obnoxious people get on a high horse about it.

I've seen and been around MLMs and it's all the same attitudes and issues, but with a great massive push to fake celebrity hype because corporations and already-rich people like the sound of even more money.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."