Gaming [Poll] Do you think hackers deserve to play Pokémon competitively? Why or why not?

What do you think?

• Yes

Votes: 200 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 111 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
They didn't earn those pokemon, so no, they do not deserve to.
It's like asking if people who roided up to get jacked deserve to have a spot at athletic competitions versus people who actually worked very hard to be at their level.
It's like asking if players with hacked gear deserve to be able to fight competitively against another player with legit gear, regardless of whether or not their gear are at the same tier. (Hacked gear but within game limits)
I don't play DOTA2, but I can use it as an example. Imagine grinding up for a Divine Rapier for whatever reason, going up to clash, then your opponent surprises you by having one himself because he hacked it in. Just scratch the why, semantics. It's a totally legit weapon, but the way they got it isn't. How would you feel going up against someone like that? What, they didn't wanna waste time grinding for it.

"It's just a game", some people say. But when you turn it into a competition, it's up to you if you wanna throw fairness out the window. Should apply to everything competitive, but it always made me wonder why this isn't the case for pokemon players.

I will humbly remember you about the competition basis: its about battling. You don't like other players to have maxed stats because you autoimposed some effort restrictions? Fine: ask for competitions with premade pokes. Competition is just about battling, not caring. Hackers gonna hack, even if you don't like it. Even through competition rules.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I will humbly remember you about the competition basis: its about battling. You don't like other players to have maxed stats because you autoimposed some effort restrictions? Fine: ask for competitions with premade pokes. Competition is just about battling, not caring. Hackers gonna hack, even if you don't like it. Even through competition rules.
Eh. I'm just answering a poll. I'm done defending moral positions a long time ago, lol.

All it really boils down to is if whether or not what you have brought to a competitive activity is something you got legitimately, well within the bounds of the competition. If the competition allows for tampering or generating fully optimized stuff at the blink of an eye, then it's fine. But... I'm pretty sure a lot of competitive scenes do not allow for stuff like that. Especially official ones. Unofficial competitions of course are much more open.

Reactions: Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
But... I'm pretty sure a lot of competitive scenes do not allow for stuff like that. Especially official ones.

I can put names in the official European tournaments who I know 100% sure they use powersave. I won't say a thing, obviously.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I can put names in the official European tournaments who I know 100% sure they use powersave. I won't say a thing, obviously.
Then IMO they are cheating. And regarding the poll, no I do not think they deserve to be allowed to compete in those tournaments if they are using pokemon that they didn't obtain through legitimate means. Whether people agree or not with my opinion, eh. But it is what it is.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it would be pretty hypocritical if someone from THIS website, where most systems that can be hacked are hacked, thought that genning for legal builds is somehow an issue.

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, you think that being bored is an excuse for cheating? Don't you care about the people who legitimately obtain shiny Pokémon and Wondertrade them, or the people who are receiving your hacked shiny mons over Wondertrade?
As far as Wondertrading as gone to, no, I don't care.

Again, you don't get to decide that.
But still, what your choosing isn't meant for competitions. Be warned.

So now you get to come up with arbitrary rules as well? Wonderful. What was all that stuff about Pokémon and bonding again?
What? That's what training and bonding Pokémon was meant for. Duh. Can't you picture it through your thick skull?

Again, you don't get to decide what is and isn't fun for other people; some people don't find any fun in breeding/training, and just want to battle.
Then play Showdown if you just want to battle.

Very empathetic of you.
I'm pretty sure you have time to to breed and train other than lollygagging around your computer. So, again, I'm not buying it. It is the most commonly excuse I always hear. How pathetic.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Why? Just because you don't have good Pokés? That's your problem, not ours. If you want to play competitive with your normal gameplay team, you'll surely lose.
I love how you automatically assumed I'm a scrub. I invested 80-100 hours in getting my team to have flawless IVs (e.g. 31/0/31/31/31/0 Quiet Aegislash), because you know, I think I should have to earn my wins.

How did you know for certain that they were hacked?
Did you completely skim over the part where they were shiny, hex-flawless, and had every Master Contest ribbon? There's literally no point in doing that last part if they're Shiny, and it would take 50+ hours on average to do that for your whole team.

All these people only looking towards breeding in their argument but completely forgetting the legendary heavy meta game of VGC16... Please do tell me how we can IV "manipulate" random encounters?

Yeah we cannot. Sure every legendary is locked to always have 2 stats on 31 IVs but that is still only 2 out of 5 and don't even try argumenting this because if you think it's a piece of cake to get a spread like 31/0/31/30/31/30 (maximum potential hidden power fire with 0 attack for minimum foul play damage) without very specific breeding using very specific parents of which you know the exact IVs (not to mention that to know the exact you need an external program because the IVs guy cannot distinguish between 30 and 31) then you really need to check your brain cells.
While I agree with your argument, you got some technical stuff wrong. There are 6 IV's on a mon, 3 are locked to 31's starting in Gen 6, and idk about XY but the ORAS IV guy tells you about 31's specifically.

Last edited by Fishaman P,

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Getting lucky on the RNG is not "earning your wins", "earning your wins" comes down to team composition and predicting your opponent. You know, skill.
2. Something highly unlikely is still not enough to call "hax" over, and even then why are you complaining about the non-battle parts?

3. To the legendaries: 3/6 are guaranteed 31s. As for "IV manipulating" them, that's what a soft-reset is for, and your odds aren't even all that low as far as IVs go. 1/2 for the nature if you Synchronize, 1/(32^3) for IVs. And guess what: Sun and Moon are coming out, with Hyper Training. So, the IVs they come with no longer matter. Meaning really, you just have to worry about 1/2 or 1/25, depending on Synchronize.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Just being a dick here, I'd have to say yes... Because GameFreak has done absolutely NOTHING to curb cheating since X and Y hacking has taken place.

owensar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe they do, but with it being nearly impossible to tell its impossible to enforce. Even when cheaters are proven to have incorrect balls or egg moves, they simply say, "I didn't breed it so I didn't know it was invalid." Off the hook.

Now if Nintendo and Gamefreak just DQ'd cheaters immediately along with a life time ban it would really add risk and less hackers would enter.

Reactions: Arkansaw

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Even when cheaters are proven to have incorrect balls or egg moves, they simply say, "I didn't breed it so I didn't know it was invalid." Off the hook.
This isn't actually true. At official tournaments every player has the responsibility to ensure every Pokémon they use is legit; you're not "off the hook" if you say that you didn't know that it was hacked and you got it by trade or whatever.

Now if Nintendo and Gamefreak just DQ'd cheaters immediately along with a life time ban it would really add risk and less hackers would enter.
Do you really think that that punishment is proportional to the crime?

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I said no since I'd never really play Pokemon competitively. I PKHex most of my Pokemon with legit moves anyway (and well.. I have a few Hackmons for whenever I feel like having a dumb fun Hackmon battle)

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Thunder Hawk

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*clicks on thread*
*reads last few pages*
*notices back and forth cheating vs non-cheating arguments*
*arguments get long, intense, and annoying*

My simple opinion:
Using genned Pokemon is fine with me as long as the Pokemon has legal stats, moves, abilities, etc.

*expects to be bashed, ridiculed, and hated upon*

CLOUD9RED

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Now that this showed up again in recent content: Any suggestions for OP hackmons for battle tree? :-D

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is the most stupid thing I've ever read. It's all semantics and feelings. Well F* your feelings.
nah so play the game without outside help and tell me how easy is to actually play the game in the same , not only play battle pokemon. it's not aboit my fellings, but how you are lazy and full of excuse to not play the game how it was made. If it's really stupid go learn how botminner fcked up the zeny system on ragnarok online

I see no difference between "legit" genned pokemon and crazy ones with move sthey can't have .. maybe it would be more fun play the hack way than pretending you arein the line just to get stuff easy, my vision of having fun with cheats is to do what we can't do in the game , nit using it to make the game asier in any wa, for example moon jump cheat in zelda to explore unacessible areas, not to finish faster the game, play as young link on adult temples and adult in the child ones etc this is a fun way to cheat, now using just to jump out big step of te gameplay? you are a lazy with arguments, only this
And don't come saying it's like people that do speedruns, it's completely diferent using glitches to pass the game in a unique way of gameplay than using cheat to have advantage to who play legit (killing time of gameplay is an advantage anyway, even if you suck with a good pokemon team and lost everything lol)

I'm tired of these hackers shitpost here, I know that I'm not the best to explain my point but looks like people don't even want to try understand this, so please stop quoting me here, I stopped following this thread anyway, this is waste of time, not playing a game like it's made to get a good team

Just being a dick here, I'd have to say yes... Because GameFreak has done absolutely NOTHING to curb cheating since X and Y hacking has taken place.
I think they don't have much what to do, the hackers are even faster and I don't think they could have a way to sucefully quaratee to see the orign pokemon with details that could tell it's genned, In a way that people could not gen that later :B

Reactions: xile6

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheating online just isnt fair and shouldnt be done. Simple as that.

I remeber back in the day when the pokemon editor first came out. You where able to make pokemon have any moves, be on any level, and max out there pp.

Now for the normal game. That might be fine, but when doing that online. Its just way over the top and a be cheat and no fair to the person there playing.

Thats just like playing a FPS where the other guys are cheating and lag you out or have unlimited clips.

Reactions: ferofax and Sliter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: