Homebrew PokesavDS (dev thread)

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Now, what was that funny quote of the TS again?

QUOTE said:
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rich Cook

Guess what part some peeps fit in imo, reading seems so hard these days for kids.
evil.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol, basher doesn't have time to read this stuff, he is hard at work making sure nubs are parried. Plus it is slightly hard to read both the bla bla bla and latter sentence when they have "bla bla" everywhere and a internet enhancements.

To answer you question though, the file is still up (link is a couple pages back). Its possible for a save to do something bad...I don't think it is something so bad as ruining the original, but it may still be possible that even backup/restore could end up having problems...

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't put it in a spoiler for no reason.
wink.gif
At least I don't bother peeps with nonsence likes some peeps do (you know the kind, having 600x450 signature picture crap, and usually write just 1 word.
tongue.gif
).

Anywho, I doubt the original cartridge would/could? be corrupted by just reading it, and when you know something is "as-is" with such implicit "stuff could happen, *scary voice* beware!!" One wouldn't make a backup before trying to put it on the cart.

I've no idea what kind of routines she's using though and how they might corrupt things. As she is the first I heard of that could actually make a backup and/or restore without rewire-ing, I wonder what all the "beware" is about. Imo, a simple check could see if the data was corrupted (while, for the backup from org cart anyway ... restoring is rather difficult to check if it's only 50% ... 10x to be "sure"?).

Meh, I think she'll "crack the case" someday. For the moment I'd be sattisfied for being able to load my USA save to an original EUR cart (prob buying saturday and get a Arcues from "toysxl" if it doesn't mind US carts (prices are so high here, I usually import ... WAY earlier and a lot cheaper).

If not, I'll just download the ticket and info.
evil.gif

At least my "enemy" is called Silver now ... I kinda wonder why my legit pokemon (captured and raised myself) sometimes have yellow/orange or red IV's though. Guess I'll have to dig into all that IV/EV some more.

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
[BnC said:
MissingNo.]Jeez, Rydian. You seem to get EVERYONE to be mad at you.
lecture.gif
'Cause I'm not afraid to tell somebody when they're doing something stupid or talking out of their ass (see any thread with technical info or that involves programming I've posted in). I'm just not good as sugar-coating it. At all. >///>;

Good for you on being fearless. That takes courage and bravery.
And foolishness on your part.

Rydian said:
Chase-san said:
It seems Fallen has been removed from his Admin position of ProjectPokemon. I will return the resources shortly. I apologize for my rash actions in this matter.

(I realize the drama I created, and it is something I will have to deal with.)
*hug!*

blink.gif

Well, I'm glad the Fallen got removed. It's like *cough*Madclaw*cough*
on #DSOrganize on... I forget which server.

QUOTE(commdante @ Mar 25 2010, 05:11 PM)
At least my "enemy" is called Silver now ...

It's called your Rival.
Mine is named Barry. From the TV show. Just because I couldn't think of a name and that one seemed to fit.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It was the day before christmess...I mean, the same server #gbatemp is on (well, at least 5 years ago, haven't been there for ages).

And Barry is the name in Platinum, kinda annoying HG/SS doesn't give a list on which the most top is the "standard" name.

(Sometimes I can't remember the correct words, but at least I write more proper than most Americans, n/o to you ... just a general observation).

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
[BnC said:
MissingNo.]
Rydian said:
[BnC said:
MissingNo.]Jeez, Rydian. You seem to get EVERYONE to be mad at you.
lecture.gif
'Cause I'm not afraid to tell somebody when they're doing something stupid or talking out of their ass (see any thread with technical info or that involves programming I've posted in). I'm just not good as sugar-coating it. At all. >///>;

Good for you on being fearless. That takes courage and bravery.
And foolishness on your part.
For some reason that really reminded me of this.
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/285/ple...strengthbyz.jpg

That said, I stand by my stance that the action was selfish, and Chase even agreed their actions were rash.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeWarrior said:
gameguy95 said:
i just tried the computer version of pokesav, and after a quick comparison, i find it ironically awesome that this is actually way better than the computer version. keep up the great work and make it better and better

You must be smoking something, the computer version is way more advanced.
advanced does not make it more user friendly or easier to use you idiot.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameguy95 said:
ZeWarrior said:
gameguy95 said:
i just tried the computer version of pokesav, and after a quick comparison, i find it ironically awesome that this is actually way better than the computer version. keep up the great work and make it better and better

You must be smoking something, the computer version is way more advanced.
advanbced does not make it more user friendly or easierr to use you idiot.

learn to spell XD

and yeah, it is easier and user friendly.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hedgehogofchaos said:
Would changing natures be possible?
sorry if this has been asked I don't feel like reading 30 something pages

it hasn't been possible with the current version however chase-san is trying to get it to work in the next version which will be released when chase-san finishes..

xFinch713x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you mean march? April is next month, and the end of April is over a month away. I havent been active on here (as you can tell by my join date and post count) until recently, so I dont know how often this is updated.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xFinch713x said:
do you mean march? April is next month, and the end of April is over a month away. I havent been active on here (as you can tell by my join date and post count) until recently, so I dont know how often this is updated.
No. i mean April. this has not been updated in a few months.

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
Hehe, I apologize, my free time has been more limited recently. What I do have has been going towards more leisurely activities. Don't worry I will work on it.

I just hope no one thinks I should be working on it every waking moment.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.