Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wehttam said:
Hakoda said:
When you click "Set Ownership" when editing a Pokemon, it removes the "Shiny" attribute it had before. Sadly r10 can detect if a pokemon is shiny but can't make a pokemon shiny.

Other than that great release, easier to do repetitive jobs on PPSE-DS than on PokeSav. (I really wish they had some kind of batch processing)

Looking forward to r11.
This is because shininess is related to the hex values of it's owner's name.
Ohhhhhhh Haha I just read a PM from Nuclear Raven telling me this so I was gonna come back and edit my post. Okay I understand now.

HoratiOM

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does the app make backups of the .sav's before editing them? If it does, it's definitely worth listing in the OP, if it doesn't, I'd really like to have that feature. Saves are only like 1/2 a MB and making backups automatically could prevent distaster.

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
If you had used the app, you would of known it doesn't, it even tells you so. As for the shiny, the name means nothing, it is the sid and tid, that make up part of the shiny calculation.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well i still agree with HoratiOM that it should make backups. they aren't that big. maybe, since you still haven't released r11, you could add that in for the sceptics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, nice homebrew for Pokémon! This is going to help me a lot while playing because I don't know a lot about Gold/Silver/Crystal that time.

Thanks for the Homebrew!

Sh!fT_23

Trophies
XP
Country
This would be very helpful for some stuff (and I will use it for sure), and I commend your efforts. But at the same time I get the feeling there would be a lot of abuse, ending up with seriously OP pokemon
frown.gif

What can you do though, people will always cheat neway I guess.

GJ in any case.

HoratiOM

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Chase-san said:
If you had used the app, you would of known it doesn't, it even tells you so. As for the shiny, the name means nothing, it is the sid and tid, that make up part of the shiny calculation.

I simply wanted to know if it did before I tried it. Consider it a suggestion, I guess.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chase-san said:
Go me! Because I actually managed it! (Yes, I just said I managed to dump my HG save via a homebrew application)
I'm dying to know this but, which homebrew app did you use? Did you create it?

EDIT: Nvm, just realized that it'll be incorporated in r11. (duh what other homebrew would it be...) Sorry for the useless post but now I'm really excited for r11.

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well Chase could also have been using one of Rudolph´s tools with an adaption of the method used to dump saves from Zelda: Spirit Tracks. The real problem there is the thing you didn´t quote, saying he/she (dunno which) wasn´t able to reupload the save to the original cardridge
frown.gif

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
Actually I did it with my save dumber, called savhax. Don't bother googling it since the only one you can find is really old (which cannot dump it).

Currently the main problem is that it 'doesn't always work', it works about 50% of the time, but unlike everything else, it does work.

The EEPROM code I am using is apparently outdated however, so that might be part of the reason.

Jemlee

Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
supposedly this works for US HG/SS and I did some research but I thought I saw something like a glitch in save hacking for HG/SS about the 3rd badge?
unsure.gif
(i saw it somewhere on these forums i think)
Does it apply to this too?
blink.gif

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
The third badge thing is some peoples desperate attempt to avoid game glitching. I don't know if it actually works or not, I have never needed to used it.

My main flashcart is a CycloDS and I own the actual game as well. I can also read Japanese to a degree meaning I could switch my save over to the Japanese version if I had problems.

Jemlee

Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
Chase-san said:
The third badge thing is some peoples desperate attempt to avoid game glitching. I don't know if it actually works or not, I have never needed to used it.

My main flashcart is a CycloDS and I own the actual game as well. I can also read Japanese to a degree meaning I could switch my save over to the Japanese version if I had problems.

Thx for the clarification
cool.gif

Research time!
gbasp2.gif

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
Okay, for all those who want it. I packaged up my prototype version of savhax HGSS. Use this ONLY with HeartGold and SoulSilver.

It requires an expansion ram pack, such as Opera, EZ 3in1, or etc.

Read the instructions, live the instructions, love them, nurture them, and hopefully you will get your save.

http://www.csdgn.org/files/savhax2.7z

WARNING: This is a prototype. If it fails, and it will fail, DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT IT. I already know it fails a lot. No I don't know why yet. If you find a magical way to get it to work 100% all the time every time, please IM me.

I am not responsible if this bricks your computer, sd, flashcart, DS, retail game, ram pack, or related accessory. Nor am I responsible if any of the afford mentioned burst into flame while using savhax. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Chase-San I realy hope by those who desperately want it you don´t run me allong, because I got a week left to wait before the game releases in EU, and I still hope someone can come up with a save and nearly 100% successchance to dump and reup a save, but thanks anyways
smile.gif

PS: I realy love your posting style.

FullgoreEXE

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the amazing program Chase-san. Works like a charm on my Ak2i, AKAIO 1.6, got all 16 badges 'cause I have no life and now I'm collecting them all. Hoping for a few more features to come up (such as natures and whatnot), but it's still an amazing program.

howeasy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying the savhax and have still yet to get a successful dump on HG. And the savhax program also write to the cart or is that unsuccessful as well?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol