ROM Hack Pokepatch 3-in1 Platinum?

Satetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If i want migrate...
Does gba pokemon games need to be ips patched (clock fix/save fix)?
Pokepatch can be used only before starting a new game in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum?
Do I need any gbaexploder? Which should i take? Rudolph's or Cory's?

vvedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@MasterX:
First, what is your hardware ?
In order to migrate you need to have a working gba save: your gba game need to be patched according to your hardware so you can save ingame, and reload the game later on. The corrupted save message doesn't harm as long as you can play.
Pokepatch can be applied anytime.
Can answer you last question, I have a FA256 and don't need exploader
Edit: I can't answer you last question, I have a FA256 and don't need exploader (!)

theotherfreakygu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I haven't been here in 2 months and things have really taken off!
Good work, cory.
smile.gif

Satetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
vvedge said:
@MasterX:
First, what is your hardware ?
In order to migrate you need to have a working gba save: your gba game need to be patched according to your hardware so you can save ingame, and reload the game later on. The corrupted save message doesn't harm as long as you can play.
Pokepatch can be applied anytime.
Can answer you last question, I have a FA256 and don't need exploader
My hardware is AceKard 2.1 firm 4.17.
What do you mean by working GBA Save? No corrupted msg? I don't want corrupted msg on my DS
tongue.gif
I'm playing GBA Pokemon games on VBA using vba-over.ini and that's why these ROMs wroking perfectly. I wonder what will happen if I copy untouched gba ROM to my MicroSD... Will it works(save works & real time clock works)? Or I need some .ips patches?
At this time I don't have EZFLash 3in1 but I'm planning to buy it nearly
smile.gif

PS> Sorry for my bad english ;/ I'm still learning ^^

daruke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tested this with my english platinum and emerald rom on 3 in 1 plus... IT WORKS!! HAHAHA!!
thats with the 3in1 pokepatch v3 alpha patch.
yaynds.gif

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
welll its being detected... thats a BIG start, but when I migerate, I get a "save failed" and the game continues on as if nothing happened (qiute comical actually)

why is this? Emerald rom is the the first NOR spot. does emerald need to be patched as well? with what?

vvedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
MasterX said:
My hardware is AceKard 2.1 firm 4.17.
What do you mean by working GBA Save? No corrupted msg? I don't want corrupted msg on my DS
tongue.gif
I'm playing GBA Pokemon games on VBA using vba-over.ini and that's why these ROMs wroking perfectly. I wonder what will happen if I copy untouched gba ROM to my MicroSD... Will it works(save works & real time clock works)? Or I need some .ips patches?
At this time I don't have EZFLash 3in1 but I'm planning to buy it nearly
smile.gif

PS> Sorry for my bad english ;/ I'm still learning ^^
Working gba save : you can save in game, then shutdown the console, then launch the game again and your previous saved game will load.
If you play on vba you should be able to parameter the save so you get no corrupted save message (I don't remember how but google should find it).
You'll need EZFlash 3in1 to play gba game on your ds and migrate pokemon.
I think there is a patcher for EZ cards which will sram patch accordingly, not sure about RTC.

Satetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
vvedge said:
You'll need EZFlash 3in1 to play gba game on your ds and migrate pokemon.
I think there is a patcher for EZ cards which will sram patch accordingly, not sure about RTC.

Can anyone tell me where I can find that patcher?

vvedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

stefanvdl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Another problem...

Got migration to work on my old 3in1, but when I try to use a 3in1 Plus and a Platinum (U) ROM patched with Pokepatch 4.1 nothing shows up in the start screen about migration. Just continue, new game, etc. The dongle mode doesn't work too.

What am I doing wrong?

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I have the new hotkey to enable patch working (hold L shoulder when booting the game enables migration patch) - the only problem now is that it only is working in the emulator (starting on hardware results in a white screen) - I'll continue on and hopefully spot the problem soon fixed and working, though I haven't had tonnes of time to code lately and with temps rising I try not to have the PC on too much as I like to sleep (too hot = no sleep for me
frown.gif
)

If you want to give this version a go, grab it here. It's not any different from V4 aside from the new enable button and that I've left out the 'extras' from the v4 archive, so if the new pokemon dumps since platinum usa didn't work before then they still won't work.

invinciblemo said:
Hmm i got a problem in migration of the pokemon from fire red.
Im using a cyclods and a EZflash IV (mini sd).
The fire red gba rom is the only rom loaded in the NOR of my EZflash IV. And my rom is patch through the EZ client and only add save patch was applied to the rom.
On the menu of the pokemon platinum i can see the option migrate from fire red but after i choose the pokemon i want to migrate is always show save error and no migration was done and it would corrupt both of my pokemon save.
Im i the only 1 facing this problem??
Test your save file with the GBA game on an emulator like no$ or VBA - I ran into that problem once (migration looked like it was working, then gave a save corrupt error at the end) and it was because the save file wasn't both 64k bank complete, so when started in emulator it gave a save corruption error the first time. I am not sure how EZ4client patches these FLASH games, if it is to use SRAM as FLASH all is good, but if it is to basically ignore the second bank of FLASH and not produce error message in game then this could be the issue. Also, you don't mention what model EZ4 you are using. I don't have the miniSD version, I have the deluxe with microSD so that is what I tested with (though as far as I know they work the same internally.)

As for the cyclo itself, have you tried and disabled all the mishmash patches they have? RTS/Cheat/reset? Does cyclo not already support migration for 3in1 (meaning their work could be interfering with the patch as well?)

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Cory the patch is fuckin brilliant! Not only does it indeed work with the whole L button enabling, but you can also use the game's internal soft-reset(L+R+Start+Select) and choose NOT to hold down L in order to use regular GBA Pokemon carts. Should a need arise for using the EZflash again, L+R+Start+Select again and keep L pressed.

Your new code has leaped from having to poweroff and swap ROMs to enable/disable it to outright hotswap capability within the same gaming session. This is amazing! Cheers and umm... lots of love for you?
blink.gif

UPDATE:
Okay... so the patch works, but there's a nasty bug. If you even did as much as LOAD ExpLoader in the same session as diamond/pearl/platinum(then press start to return to the menu, and loaded one of the roms) it will say there is an error with the save file, and after that if you boot the slot-2 you will see that there is indeed a problem with the save file(save file corrupt, previous will be loaded). The corruption takes place when you pick 'migrate' and the game tries to read the cart. This doesn't happen if you powered off/on between using ExpLoader and loading DPP. Also removing the EZ and putting it back in during the same session solves the need to poweroff so it must be some temporary flag set to the GBA slot or the EZ itself that isn't cleared. Previous patch(permanent) did NOT do this. Many people will be trying to launch DPP + L button as soon as they wrote the ROM with ExpLoader and be puzzled by the savegame corruption.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, hopefully it is what I think it is - I omitted setting the start SRAM page in the 3in1 startup code as it always worked for me without it - it's the only thing I can think of that possibly exploader isn't resetting to the initial value unless you launch the game directly from exploader (a test of this would be to exit exploader in the same fashion and from your non-3in1 compatible OS start the GBA game using whatever pass/gba launch it has and see if the corruption is an issue there too.) Though, I don't see why the old version of the same code would act any differently, as it didn't set the start page itself either.

LMK if this fix works.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Nope, still corrupts the save file. Tried both Pearl and Platinum. And the test that you say, that is booting the EZ from the Supercard menu right after using ExpLoader, doesn't yield any errors. Never did. I never needed to load a game directly from ExpLoader in order for it to work. But in the case of pokepatch it appears that unless there is a poweroff between using ExpLoader and running the patched DPP it breaks the savegame. What other temporary settings are there on the EZ or GBA slot that are maybe not reset? Bear in mind that it's enough to LAUNCH ExpLoader for this to happen so whatever is happening, ExpLoader is most likely doing it at its startup routine. Maybe it's not closing a handle?
Cory you can now step down. I can confirm that this also happens with the unpatched roms for some reason... sorry. -.=.-; Oh well whatever it is it's Rudolph's issue.

So in conclusion... alpha1 was perfect. I guess I get a place in the readme credits. Searinox - for wasting my time.
tongue.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How is exploader rebooting to your supercard menu? Are you using a copy of the menu as reboot.scds or whatever it is, or a dump of the supercards boot rom? If it is outdated compared to what is on your supercard, it might be a save patching issue when it launches the DS game... for example, if it is the menu nds file that is being used, check the version in the supercard menu after exiting exploader to see that it matches the version in the menu when you initially boot the supercard. If it is a copy of the boot SC ROM, use the dumping tools to get a new copy and see if it is hex-wise the same as the one you are using. I could also be way off and exploader has built in support for rebooting scds1? (I know it can do a couple cards already like R4, just not sure which ones.)

DS isn't like a PC, to have a system hook survive a reboot into another program requires the program being launched to have the hook patched in again - there is only one case where this wouldn't be and that is if certain control registers and regions of memory aren't cleared by the launcher (and as far as I know, not clearing those interrupts and such would kill game launching compatibility.)

And no, mentioning problems is never a waste of time - it's how they get solved and how new/better things get created
wink.gif

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This is clearly a bug and one on rudolph's side. ExpLoader reboots back into the SC menu by pressing START. My SCDS-1 is up to date to SP7. There is no other copy of the boot fils being launched or something like that. And I have absolutely no idea how ExpLoader manages to properly reboot on EVERY single flashcart without specific files for each cart like say... moonshell2 has. Rudolph musta done magic.
blink.gif
Anyways I launched ExpLoader again with Supercard's soft reset enabled(SC and Cyclo can use soft reset in homebrew). I used that instead of START and again same corruption. So whatever it is it's happening during ExpLoader's initialization not the soft reset.

Cory could ya try this for me?

Have a Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum ROM on your flashcart. THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY HAVE TO BE POKEPATCHED NOR PAL PARK UNLOCKED.
Have an EZ 3in1 with Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen written on it and a valid save of a game in progress. YOU DO NOT NECESSARILY NEED TO HAVE POKEMON CAUGHT AND PUT ONTO PC.

1)Run ExpLoader
2)Press START to return to firmware
3)Launch Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and get as far as the continue/new game screen

After that just boot slot-2(it no longer matters wether you soft reset or poweroff or whatever) and see if you get a 'save file corrupt' message. If it does then it's a global bug and you can study it on your own. You also seem to know the DS programming in-depth and could know what to say to Rudolph about the bug.
smile.gif

If it doesn't then it's a SC bug.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now