ROM Hack Pokemon Yin Black & Pokemon Yang White

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

Anyway, currently stuck at Elesa. My LV 36 team barely squeaks by until her Gavantula, which slaughters my entire team. Gonna wait until your patch so I can use my Magmortar lol, since Magmar just can't hang. Either that or I'll grind

bobwuzhere1224

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kidisnice87 said:
Thanks!

Anyway, currently stuck at Elesa. My LV 36 team barely squeaks by until her Gavantula, which slaughters my entire team. Gonna wait until your patch so I can use my Magmortar lol, since Magmar just can't hang. Either that or I'll grind

Kid go to Route 16 normal grass right before the entrance to Lostlorn Forest and run up and down next to the grass for shaking grass and grind off Audino's and Chanseys

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Somewhere pulling my pants up. I need a belt. :\
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Drayano said:
Well if you're sure =p

I usually find DeSmuME gives better quality, that's mainly why I use it. no$ can be a bit choppy, particularly if my processor isn't up to running it at full speed constantly (and with 1.6 GHz on a dual core, I don't really have much to spare ;;)

I think I'm fine settings wise, it's just a case of hoping I can actually handle it. I'll find out soon enough, since I might have to record more BB/VW videos seeing as the ones I have are wildly out of date now (there's a LOT of changes to the leaders in V3).

Well, I can't say that you're lying about that. I saw that firsthand when I use to use DeSmuMe's recorder, it might make it run horribly slow; slower than usual...But once you're done, the result it make is simply beautiful. I guess the ONLY reason why I use No$gba is because DeSmuMe run too slow on my computer. If I had a faster PC I would probably use DeSmuME, it doesn't have those many problems running games than No$gba and; here's the nail to the coffin, it still get updates from its creator.

Are you gonna go with the gym leaders having different Pokemon depending on what version you're playing...or is that's just too much work? Aw, either way I'm still gonna play and recorder all my boss battles on it.

Until then...

bobwuzhere1224 said:
Yea I kinda stalk these forums daily and even tho I haven't updated I will mention I'm finally out of Chargestone Cave. Should have an update by tomarrow. Just been busy with stuff.

As for what was aimed at me Hurrays! Scizor's everywhere rejoice. Don't get me wrong about heatproof it's nice but my Scizor withstood a Flamethrower and lived with 8 HP LOL. My Scizors are always notorius for hanging on.

That's alright, dude. What you say did kinda made sense to me. I decided to take it over Heatproof, it still has Moxie. Nobody in their the right mind would have their Scizor battle against a fire-type, unless they're deliberately asking for a deathwish. You can download my newest update, front page, bro.

QUOTE(kidisnice87 @ Jul 31 2011, 02:03 AM)
Thanks!

LOL. That damn Gavantula...That why I decided to keep it on both version. I also, found it to be her hardest Pokemon, as well.

Here, also, prove that Magmar can now evolve again.

magass.png

Now, I've slightly updated the patch, peoples. Can be found on the main page.

Log:

All Stone Pokemon have complete moveset pool.

And added a new item to the overworld, plus fixed the missing item that didn't appear, once reaching that area.

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! I'm patching now

That Lanturn was no joke too, did you boost it's speed and Spatk? He was wrecking my team as well, I had to rely on Breloom with Spore and Leech Seed, then have my new Gabite dig and kill it when it was low enough

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
kidisnice87 said:
Nice! I'm patching now

That Lanturn was no joke too, did you boost it's speed and Spatk? He was wrecking my team as well, I had to rely on Breloom with Spore and Leech Seed, then have my new Gabite dig and kill it when it was low enough

Yeah, but its Sp.atk not that much, not saying that I didn't. I did, however, up its defense and slightly did its already high HP. That could be the reason why you had such a rough time with it.

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, forgot he was getting crits out the ass lol, that was a big reason

If Raichu sets up rain dance though, it's a rough ride

Edit: it must be my save file or something then, because my Magmar still won't evolve. I wonder what's up with that =/, I'll catch a fresh Magmar and try that, it's obviously something on my end because it works for you and we both use NoGBA, but no big deal
Also, I'll use Tepig on my Yang White run, I just noticed I'd have way too many fighters on my team

Anyway update on Elesa
My team:
LV 33 Breloom
LV 36 Gabite
LV 36 Magmar
LV 35 Honchcrow
LV 37 Floatzel
LV 35 Duosion

This battle was hell. Gabite OHKO'd Raichu with Magnitude x 8, and I got lucky because he missed Focus Blast. In comes Lanturn, who 1HKOs Gabite with a Critical Surf, also outspeeding me!
Breloom comes in and Spores him, Leech Seeds, heals, and stalls with Cut. Eventually it falls.
Manetric is next, and is pretty much the weakling of the team. His Flamethrower really couldn't do much, so I healed up my hurt members and knocked it out with a Magnitude
Then the bastard spider lol. Gavantula comes in, wrecks Gabite before he can do anything with Energy Ball, I switch in Magmar and get off a Spit Fire, then he kills it. Honchcrow dies in one hit as I revive Magmar, Floatzel gets the same treatment as I heal Magmar, Magmar slips in another Spit Fire but Gavantula barely lives! Heals completely as I sneak in another Spit Fire, then revives a Poke. Duosion sacrifices itself so I can heal up Magmar, same with Breloom. Spit Fire gets a crit this time and I barely skate by.

Fun battle!

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
kidisnice87 said:
Oh yeah, forgot he was getting crits out the ass lol, that was a big reason

If Raichu sets up rain dance though, it's a rough ride

Edit: it must be my save file or something then, because my Magmar still won't evolve. I wonder what's up with that =/, I'll catch a fresh Magmar and try that, it's obviously something on my end because it works for you and we both use NoGBA, but no big deal
Also, I'll use Tepig on my Yang White run, I just noticed I'd have way too many fighters on my team

Anyway update on Elesa
My team:
LV 33 Breloom
LV 36 Gabite
LV 36 Magmar
LV 35 Honchkrow
LV 37 Floatzel
LV 35 Duosion

This battle was hell. Gabite OHKO'd Raichu with Magnitude x 8, and I got lucky because he missed Focus Blast. In comes Lanturn, who 1HKOs Gabite with a Critical Surf, also outspeeding me!
Breloom comes in and Spores him, Leech Seeds, heals, and stalls with Cut. Eventually it falls.
Manetric is next, and is pretty much the weakling of the team. His Flamethrower really couldn't do much, so I healed up my hurt members and knocked it out with a Magnitude
Then the bastard spider lol. Galvantula comes in, wrecks Gabite before he can do anything with Energy Ball, I switch in Magmar and get off a Spit Fire, then he kills it. Honchkrow dies in one hit as I revive Magmar, Floatzel gets the same treatment as I heal Magmar, Magmar slips in another Spit Fire but Galvantula barely lives! Heals completely as I sneak in another Spit Fire, then revives a Poke. Duosion sacrifices itself so I can heal up Magmar, same with Breloom. Spit Fire gets a crit this time and I barely skate by.

Fun battle!

Okay, what?! Your Magmar STILL can't evolve?! Why, I don't understand...I thought I fixed it. And you're right, we both use No$gba. I just don't get it. Do you have other Pokemon in your box that evolve with different condition too? Try seeing if they can evolve, as well. Or if you don't...You've made it to Lostlorn Forest, right? Catch a Larvesta and see if it'll evolve if you give it the Sun Stone, okay? Ya know, as a test.

Okay, now for the battle.

LOL Dude, yeah...talk about a nail biting victory? Also, this is probably one of the most descriptive battles I ever read. Tho, I don't remember giving her a Manetric. Her party consists of Raichu, Galvantula, Lanturn and Jolteon, not Manetric. You did pretty much named all the attacks her Pokemon will use against you, I guess Jolteon didn't use any attacks that was noted worthy.

You were lucky against Raichu, not only does it has Focus Blast, but it also coulda used Nasty Plot to power itself up Sp.Atk wise. I guess it was trying to get rid of Gabite as quickly as possible, that's why it started off with it. Her Lanturn crit'ed your Gabite...oh, that definitely some ol' bull. At least, it didn't do Soak and an electric type attack afterward, like it did against me when using a Grass Type against it.

...Speaking of Grass-Type Breloom musta outsped Lanturn, since you were able to land Leech Seed and Spore; I love that combo, I do that as well, if it's not Breloom, then I'm doing it with Jumpluff. Galvantula...Galvantula...Everything you mention about it, it'll do against your team...It really is a rat bastard, uh, spider...bastard...

Anyways, I probably shoulda made that her highest level Pokemon. It wouldn't be so hard if it didn't outspeed your Pokemon and have such high Sp. Atk...not to mention I gave it attacks that can cover itself against Ground and Rock types. Plus, it has the tendency to use Volt Switch if its facing a Pokemon it has a disadvantage against.

Your Team.

I think it's pretty much the same from where I last saw. Well, with the exception of Breloom. I think that's a new addition. Your Honchkrow, has it start learning any new attacks, yet. It has its own moveset now. That Magmar in your latest update...That the same one that doesn't evolve when givin it the fire stone...hmm, I wonder does anyone else have that problem.

Anyways, changing the subject all together, I'm surprised that you were able Elesa with such low-leveled Pokemon, no wonder you had such a hard time...Tho, playing like that definitely WILL make the game harder. LOL You really don't grind levels do you?

Until your next update...au revoir

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it was Jolteon! I got battles mixed up, Jolteon kept hitting me with Shadow Balls and predicting my switches lol, I had to kill it with a Floatzel and Gabite combo using Dig, since Floatzel was able to outspeed

Anyway I followed your advice and caught Larvesta, and he evolves just fine. In fact all stone evos evolve just fine except my Magmar lol, so for now I'm gonna use Volcarona, and since I have a serious Flying weakness, gonna replace Breloom for a Jolteon atm. I'll decide on a final team someday hahaha, I change my team around way too much

yep told you I try my best to avoid grinding, I finished Neo Soul Silver in the mid to late 70s

Oh and on my first few attempts, Lanturn definitely did do the Soak-T-bolt combo, and caught me completely by surprise, but this time My Breloom lucked out with Quick Claw and Lanturn sleeping longer than usual
biggrin.gif

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
kidisnice87 said:
Yeah it was Jolteon! I got battles mixed up, Jolteon kept hitting me with Shadow Balls and predicting my switches lol, I had to kill it with a Floatzel and Gabite combo using Dig, since Floatzel was able to outspeed

Anyway I followed your advice and caught Larvesta, and he evolves just fine. In fact all stone evos evolve just fine except my Magmar lol, so for now I'm gonna use Volcarona, and since I have a serious Flying weakness, gonna replace Breloom for a Jolteon atm. I'll decide on a final team someday hahaha, I change my team around way too much

yep told you I try my best to avoid grinding, I finished Neo Soul Silver in the mid to late 70s

Oh and on my first few attempts, Lanturn definitely did do the Soak-T-bolt combo, and caught me completely by surprise, but this time My Breloom lucked out with Quick Claw and Lanturn sleeping longer than usual
biggrin.gif

Well, yeah...You did mention that you didn't grind, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the levels.

Hey, that's okay, there is a trainer inside her gym, who has a Manetric equipped with Flamethrower, that's where you probably got that mixed up from. And told'cha, that Soak, T-Bolt combo isn't to be taken lightly. Not only does it take the STAB bonus away from the Pokemon, but it also make your Pokemon susceptible to electric type attack.

Anyways, you finished Neo Soul with Pokes around level 70? Hmm, can't say that that was level I was on, when I beated it. Not to mention, I found Gary...Green...Uh, Blue...Whatever peoples are calling him, I found his gym trainers to be harder than him...Not saying, that he was easy...

But still...hmmm...Dammit, I wish I could figure out why Magmar won't evolve on your rom. But I guess, Volcarona would be the best for a replacement...That, or an Arcanine. You're gonna replace Breloom with Jolteon? Well, good luck, one of Jolteon re-learn moves are Signal Beam, so make sure to get a Heart Scale, from either Eevee or Luvdisc. Signal Beam will be able help you against Grass-Type. It's probably gonna take you awhile to catch it up with your team, seeing how Eevee only lives in two area, and they're both around the beginning of the game.

bobwuzhere1224

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Redux Update #6: Rocking like a Hurricane.

Team:

Level 61 Blade - Scizor
Level 58 Dum Dum - Salamence
Level 57 Axell - Haxorus
Level 58 Urgoliath - Volcarona
Level 65 Electro - Electivire
Level 60 Frogger - Swampert

Man that took a long time! I assume is someone plays this religiously that it isn't so long, but I prefer not to get sucked into games for long periods of time. Anyways enough randomness on with the update summary.

I traversed the countryside, enduring adventures in dark caves, harsh rain and the more recent snowstorm that has started today, BRRR I say. In my travels I encountered a lot promising new pokemon, but at this stage of the game I felt I couldn't part with my current team due to how awesome each of them were. So while I did get lucky and catch Cobalion, I won't be using him because it's kinda like easy mode.

I finally made it through Chargestone Cave and fought N, who was somewhat a challenge but not exactly. Arriving in Mistralton City I hurried over to the gym so I could get badge #6 only to be shutdown when the Aerial beauty Skyla told me maybe later, Just like a woman. So I hurried through the rain storm of Route 7 to Celestial Tower battling thru the hordes of Psychics, Ghosts and Darks inhabiting the settlement. Reaching the top of winding tower I was instructed to bang the bell in order to please the pokemon gods! Skyla informed me that she had now deemed me worthy of battling her gym (Oh Yay...) So I flew back to the airport city and hit the pokemon center to heal up for my upcoming match.

Entering her gym, full of drunken captains, flight attendants and randomly placed cannons all over, I dispatched them all as I shot myself all over her gym. When I finally landed before Skyla, we began and Intense battle. Will I succeed or will I fall like so many before me? Find out next time on Pokemon!

Just kidding, Yea I beat her. She was a challenge, but now that big of one for Electivire. The hardest part of the match was Jumpluff, I tried to go the Ice punch route with Swampert,but it died to Petal Dance, so the second attempt I tried to Fiery Dance my way to victory but my fire moth was spored to sleep. Third try I tried Firey Dance once more but Jumpluff went with Quiver Dance and missed an Air Slash as Urgoliath set the grass ballooon a blaze. Electivire, disposed of everything else including Swanna with the berry that reduces damage died to 1 Thunderpunch. Overall a mildly challenging fight, you might consider adding a Gliscor to the mix so the obvious Electric Route isn't so easy.

I'm glad i'm not the only one doing these updates so I wish everyone else playing this the best of luck!

Chronobelias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi bandit!

I am really interested in playing your mod but am wondering if you can provide a documentation of the pokemon's changes
in their stats and movepools/abilities etc?

Thanks

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
bobwuzhere1224 said:
Redux Update #6: Rocking like a Hurricane.

Team:

Level 61 Blade - Scizor
Level 58 Dum Dum - Salamence
Level 57 Axell - Haxorus
Level 58 Urgoliath - Volcarona
Level 65 Electro - Electivire
Level 60 Frogger - Swampert

Man that took a long time! I assume is someone plays this religiously that it isn't so long, but I prefer not to get sucked into games for long periods of time. Anyways enough randomness on with the update summary.

I traversed the countryside, enduring adventures in dark caves, harsh rain and the more recent snowstorm that has started today, BRRR I say. In my travels I encountered a lot promising new pokemon, but at this stage of the game I felt I couldn't part with my current team due to how awesome each of them were. So while I did get lucky and catch Cobalion, I won't be using him because it's kinda like easy mode.

I finally made it through Chargestone Cave and fought N, who was somewhat a challenge but not exactly. Arriving in Mistralton City I hurried over to the gym so I could get badge #6 only to be shutdown when the Aerial beauty Skyla told me maybe later, Just like a woman. So I hurried through the rain storm of Route 7 to Celestial Tower battling thru the hordes of Psychics, Ghosts and Darks inhabiting the settlement. Reaching the top of winding tower I was instructed to bang the bell in order to please the pokemon gods! Skyla informed me that she had now deemed me worthy of battling her gym (Oh Yay...) So I flew back to the airport city and hit the pokemon center to heal up for my upcoming match.

Entering her gym, full of drunken captains, flight attendants and randomly placed cannons all over, I dispatched them all as I shot myself all over her gym. When I finally landed before Skyla, we began and Intense battle. Will I succeed or will I fall like so many before me? Find out next time on Pokemon!

Just kidding, Yea I beat her. She was a challenge, but now that big of one for Electivire. The hardest part of the match was Jumpluff, I tried to go the Ice punch route with Swampert,but it died to Petal Dance, so the second attempt I tried to Fiery Dance my way to victory but my fire moth was spored to sleep. Third try I tried Firey Dance once more but Jumpluff went with Quiver Dance and missed an Air Slash as Urgoliath set the grass ballooon a blaze. Electivire, disposed of everything else including Swanna with the berry that reduces damage died to 1 Thunderpunch. Overall a mildly challenging fight, you might consider adding a Gliscor to the mix so the obvious Electric Route isn't so easy.

I'm glad i'm not the only one doing these updates so I wish everyone else playing this the best of luck!

Cool! Nice to see a new update from you, dude. Yeah, I know what you mean about. You just can't sit around playing the same game for along time...It gets boring after awhile and you're probably wanna do something else.

Whoa! LOL Now...That was some update...Very fluid, it kept me entertained throughout the whole I time I read it. I also liked the little brief intermission you placed in the beginning too.

Now, it seemed that you've on quite the adventure. I also saw that you've capture Cobalion? That was inside Mistralton Cave, right? Look, I bet you noticed that the Pokemon and the trainer's in there were on higher levels; higher than what they should for after just getting Surf. Sorry about that, that's was because I had just learned how to edit items and that part of the mod was already edit...I was just too lazy to re-edited.

When I say this, it also count for the Surfing area around Route 1, so when you first get Surf, you can still surf around for pokemon, but just avoid fighting trainers, just until you beat Sklya. I shoulda added this tidbit of info to the doc.

FINALLY! I'm glad that you finally found a challenge in N, I tried to make the battle him hard as well. I was sorta surprised when you mention him...You usually don't...That and with the battles with the rivals.

Let's start with the results from your battle.

There's not that much to say, other than congrats on your lastest gym victory. It seemed that only Pokemon that you really used was Volcarona and Electivire. Yeah, I guess I could give her a Gliscor, I might put it in consider...But still, with one...She still won't change the level of diffcult, you use a Ice Type or just a Water to quickly dispatch it.

Now for your Pokemon

Blade - Scizor: Well, looks like your Scizor is still growning steadily, this including all your Pokemon. It should around the level where it stop learning attack. The attack it learn; if I can remember, is either Iron Head or Crunch.

Dum Dum - Salamence: Looks like Shelgon all grown up, right? Don't forget to get heart scales for your Salamence. It learns a few re-learn moves. It gonna be one of; if it isn't already, one of your powerhouse pokemon.

Axell - Haxorus: Your second dragon type. I'm sure Haxorus have been helping you whenever you've been using it in battle.

Urgoliath - Volcarona: Volcarona, the Bug/Fire type with the high Sp. Atk. It still has more attacks to learn; Heat Wave and Bug Buzz are just a few.

Electro - Electivire: The champ from your lastest gym battle, but then again it did have the advantage against her Pokemon.

Frogger - Swampert: LOL You actually tried using it against Jumpluff, dude...what was you thinking? I'm kidding, I know that you tried the Ice Punch approach or whatever. It just outsped you.

I'll await for you next update...Until then...

QUOTE(Chronobelias @ Aug 2 2011, 08:53 AM) Hi bandit!

I am really interested in playing your mod but am wondering if you can provide a documentation of the pokemon's changes
in their stats and movepools/abilities etc?

Thanks

I thank for your interests in my game, I really do...But what you're asking for is...just too much for me to do, alone anyways...And writin' all that would take up alot of my time. I aready wrote down the most important stuffs; like battles, items and other stuff pertaining to the game, but moveset, and the stat changes...Um, wouldn't be just fun to just to be surprised by what to comes? I could probably list the abiliity changes...probably...

Beside, if you really want to know my changes, just download a stat editor and check it from there. It has not only the stats, but also the abilities of all the Pokemon, ya know?

Chronobelias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Ok i've tried Twistedfatal's stats editor but for some reasons after i opened the rom whenever i select a pokemon there will be an error.
i've retried it with the original white and volt white but they worked fine. i don't know what's the problem.

i've always like to know which of my favourite pokemon have been buffed in hacks so as to plan and work towards them right from the start.
Anyway i've started playing and its a great mod. i love how trainers' pokemon holds items and heals making battles a little harder.

bobwuzhere1224

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chronobelias said:
Ok i've tried Twistedfatal's stats editor but for some reasons after i opened the rom whenever i select a pokemon there will be an error.
i've retried it with the original white and volt white but they worked fine. i don't know what's the problem.

i've always like to know which of my favourite pokemon have been buffed in hacks so as to plan and work towards them right from the start.
Anyway i've started playing and its a great mod. i love how trainers' pokemon holds items and heals making battles a little harder.

Here's what you should do, PM Bandit a list of your favorites that you might use and ask him to check.

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Chronobelias said:

Ya, know...It's an easier way to access the stat from the stat editor from just going from the ROM. Just click narc, when "Click on Image to Begin" first appears. If you don't know the narc file for the stat. First, download a Nitroexplorer; if you already have one, then don't worry about it. And put this in a/0/1/6.

And there ya go...Tho, you still won't be able to change the stats...For some strange reason, it doesn't work; I mean, it worked at first, but once I started getting deep in the stat editting it stopped working. The only reason why ALL the stats even got changes was I knew how hex edited them...

Anyways, if that first bit I wrote was too complicated, then PM me. Just like what bobwuzhere1224 said, I will divulge with you the secret of the stat of a certain Pokemon you wanna know...or....whatnot...

Drayano

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't even figure out why my hack works with the tool and yours doesn't :s As far as I'm aware I didn't do anything different.

Guess that's ROM hacking for us~

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Drayano said:
I can't even figure out why my hack works with the tool and yours doesn't :s As far as I'm aware I didn't do anything different.

Guess that's ROM hacking for us~

I don't get it, neither. LOL I guess that's Rom hacking, just like you said.

It not like its it didn't always work, it just...soon as I started getting around the editing the TM/HM compatibly parts...The program starting going on the fritz...it musta been somethin' I did...I dunno...the game's stat changes shows and the game still work.

Dude...I'm sooooo confused...

Drayano

Trophies
XP
Country
That reminds me, I did actually have one point where the a/0/1/6 narc randomly expanded and had a bunch of 00 00 00 00 bytes at the end (I fixed it after). That probably isn't anything to do with it since it still loaded with the tool but it was weird o_o; Took the file up from like 45.6 KB to 69 or something.

Honestly if everything is working fine ingame then I don't know for the life of me what caused it... guess you're in for a lifetime of answering PMs =p

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09ZLRDMXX/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slickdeals09-20&ascsubtag=...