Country
United States

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Alright thanks to http://projectpokemo...BW-Pokemon-Data I managed to do it. Not complicated inf fact.
Hm. So you got it situated? Cool...Sorry I wasn't I able to answer more quickly...But all is good since you've figured it out. I assume you just did it through hex. :P

Yeah, just had to convert from decimal to hexadecimal the base stats (hp, atk, def, spd, s.atk, s.def) and do a search for these values in this order, and voilà, found the offset. Just had to move some digits to the right to change the type and ability of the pokemon :D

Too bad Charizard has terribad atk stat to make proper use of his physical attacks T_T

I'm currently using Metagross lv 52 and Gyaradoss lv 60 I love Gyaradoss ^_^,on my way to the 5th badge (the leader is gone at the tower near route 7).

Anyway, quick review on this hack:

First hours in da game, it's quite hard. Like really hard. You have only a handful of LV10-15 pokemon and the trainers / gym leader already use cheapass tacticts (like work up to increase his atk and then proceeds to sweep your team in no time)

For the first gym, had to use a water pokemon (fineon IIRC) that has charm (reduces atk by 2 levels stade), hypnosis and then Luxio with Flash (reduces accuracy), then I could defeat him :D

After that you get work up TM, which was nice ;) And allowed me to go on my journey easily.

But ALL special event trainers (gym or rivals or N) were quite challenging :)

You get a relief when you finally defeat them and you see you have no more potions and only one pokemon left alive ahah

One thing I can't understand though is how you decided to increase base stats. Some semi-legendaries (which were base total 580 or 600 in vanilla) have some times 700+ or even 800+ total base stats. That's not really reliable.

Some Legendaries go up to 900 (for the all base stat=100 , total =600 like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi etc, as you gave them 120/150 HP and 150 all others) whereas some quite awesome legendaries like Mewtwo or Rayquaza feel like a letdown in comparison.

When I see Ho-Oh and Lugia have quite different base stats totals, or other (Reshiram / Zekrom) I don't understand.

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Somewhere pulling my pants up. I need a belt. :\
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks to http://projectpokemo...BW-Pokemon-Data I managed to do it. Not complicated inf fact.
Hm. So you got it situated? Cool...Sorry I wasn't I able to answer more quickly...But all is good since you've figured it out. I assume you just did it through hex. :P

Yeah, just had to convert from decimal to hexadecimal the base stats (hp, atk, def, spd, s.atk, s.def) and do a search for these values in this order, and voilà, found the offset. Just had to move some digits to the right to change the type and ability of the pokemon :D

Too bad Charizard has terribad atk stat to make proper use of his physical attacks T_T

I'm currently using Metagross lv 52 and Gyaradoss lv 60 I love Gyaradoss ^_^,on my way to the 5th badge (the leader is gone at the tower near route 7).

First hours in da game, it's quite hard. Like really hard. You have only a handful of LV10-15 pokemon and the trainers / gym leader already use cheapass tacticts (like work up to increase his atk and then proceeds to sweep your team in no time)

For the first gym, had to use a water pokemon (fineon IIRC) that has charm (reduces atk by 2 levels stade), hypnosis and then Luxio with Flash (reduces accuracy), then I could defeat him :D

After that you get work up TM, which was nice ;) And allowed me to go on my journey easily.

You get a relief when you finally defeat them and you see you have no more potions and only one pokemon left alive ahah

One thing I can't understand though is how you decided to increase base stats. Some semi-legendaries (which were base total 580 or 600 in vanilla) have some times 700+ or even 800+ total base stats. That's not really reliable.

Some Legendaries go up to 900 (for the all base stat=100 , total =600 like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi etc, as you gave them 120/150 HP and 150 all others) whereas some quite awesome legendaries like Mewtwo or Rayquaza feel like a letdown in comparison.

When I see Ho-Oh and Lugia have quite different base stats totals, or other (Reshiram / Zekrom) I don't understand.
First, I would like to say...Thank you for the feedback. Really appreciate it, man. I really do. And yeah, I'm glad you're enjoying the increased difficult level I added; well, at least tried to do anyways.

And believe me, I know how hard this game can be; the event trainers like you said. Those are the ones I mainly focus on; like giving their Pokemon certain moves or letting their Pokemon hold certain items...Ya know.

Once you start to lose against a gym leader more than 3 times it begans to be a REAL pain in da ass. N too...or the rivals; tho I find the N battle more challenging. LOL All and all, I'm pretty happy on how the difficult level of this game came out, tho...they still tend do stupid stuff every often or then.

Anyways, just two Pokemon? That's all you're playing with? LOL Hm. Well, you might wanna add more later on...if you have 5 badge, then that mean you just beat Clay, right? That's sweet...But seriously, you've been doing just fine as of now, but I think you should add more.

And yes, I find stat editing by hex safer and is quite easy to do...well, if you know how hex edited, that is. But yeah, I guess Charizard's base attack is kinda low, but that's why you have Dragon Dance...use it if you wanna up it's attack. :)

As for your question about my stat changes
And yes, I know they seem kinda ridiculously high...on paper...but you gotz to remember every Pokemon has had a stat boost, not just the legendaries. Increased defensive and HP makes a hell of alotta of different when increasing a Pokemon offensive stat.

Looking inside the wild guide, you'll see...most legendaries; outta regional ones anyways, are only catchable post-game. There's just a very few you can capture, before beating the Pokemon and that the fairy legendaries Pokemon like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi.

Now you see why their base stats are lower than the other, more powerful legendaries. I did that on purpose...I wanted all fairy-like legendaries to be weaker than the other legendary Pokemon...That's why I purposedly made their base stats like that...And still, these fairy legendaries are stronger than most non-legendaries Pokemon. Tho, you were right about one thing tho...I think I made Mewtwo defensive stats too low; compared to other legendaries...Probably gonna change that.

But'cha know, I really didn't see anything wrong with Rayquaza base stats...I mean, it was a sweeper before I change it and it's still a sweeper. Only thing I did was up'ed its stats, so it could keep up with the other legendary Pokemon stats I did.

Also, I've seen you mention something about Ho-oh, Lugia, Reshiram, and Zekrom total base stat...I don't really see the deal with Reshiram and Zekrom's. Their base stats are basically da same...their Atk, Def, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def is just opposite of each other. As for Luiga and Ho-Oh...Eh, it's was just something I wanted to do...Between me and you, their total base number never even crossed my mind; or any other Pokemon total base. I know it sound...kinda...irresponsible, but I still think da game is still fairly balance, despite of that. But hey, feel free to say I'm wrong, tho. :P

In-game, it's still all good...It's not like one Pokemon can completely dominate another. Well, I couldn't really say for the legendaries, since...I, like, NEVER train them.

As for the semi-legendaries, yeah...most of their base stats are high, but only one of their stats reaches as high as a legendaries. And still none surpasses 162. Also, one of their stats always lack in something...My advice, just focus on that particular stat when battling them. That's why I made the guide. ;)

Anyways, sorry for the long message...

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France

First, I would like to say...Thank you for the feedback. Really appreciate it, man. I really do. And yeah, I'm glad you're enjoying the increased difficult level I added; well, at least tried to do anyways.

And believe me, I know how hard this game can be; the event trainers like you said. Those are the ones I mainly focus on; like giving their Pokemon certain moves or letting their Pokemon hold certain items...Ya know.

Once you start to lose against a gym leader more than 3 times it begans to be a REAL pain in da ass. N too...or the rivals; tho I find the N battle more challenging. LOL All and all, I'm pretty happy on how the difficult level of this game came out, tho...they still tend do stupid stuff every often or then.

Anyways, just two Pokemon? That's all you're playing with? LOL Hm. Well, you might wanna add more later on...if you have 5 badge, then that mean you just beat Clay, right? That's sweet...But seriously, you've been doing just fine as of now, but I think you should add more.

And yes, I find stat editing by hex safer and is quite easy to do...well, if you know how hex edited, that is. But yeah, I guess Charizard's base attack is kinda low, but that's why you have Dragon Dance...use it if you wanna up it's attack. :)

As for your question about my stat changes
And yes, I know they seem kinda ridiculously high...on paper...but you gotz to remember every Pokemon has had a stat boost, not just the legendaries. Increased defensive and HP makes a hell of alotta of different when increasing a Pokemon offensive stat.

Looking inside the wild guide, you'll see...most legendaries; outta regional ones anyways, are only catchable post-game. There's just a very few you can capture, before beating the Pokemon and that the fairy legendaries Pokemon like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi.

Now you see why their base stats are lower than the other, more powerful legendaries. I did that on purpose...I wanted all fairy-like legendaries to be weaker than the other legendary Pokemon...That's why I purposedly made their base stats like that...And still, these fairy legendaries are stronger than most non-legendaries Pokemon. Tho, you were right about one thing tho...I think I made Mewtwo defensive stats too low; compared to other legendaries...Probably gonna change that.

But'cha know, I really didn't see anything wrong with Rayquaza base stats...I mean, it was a sweeper before I change it and it's still a sweeper. Only thing I did was up'ed its stats, so it could keep up with the other legendary Pokemon stats I did.

Also, I've seen you mention something about Ho-oh, Lugia, Reshiram, and Zekrom total base stat...I don't really see the deal with Reshiram and Zekrom's. Their base stats are basically da same...their Atk, Def, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def is just opposite of each other. As for Luiga and Ho-Oh...Eh, it's was just something I wanted to do...Between me and you, their total base number never even crossed my mind; or any other Pokemon total base. I know it sound...kinda...irresponsible, but I still think da game is still fairly balance, despite of that. But hey, feel free to say I'm wrong, tho. :P

In-game, it's still all good...It's not like one Pokemon can completely dominate another. Well, I couldn't really say for the legendaries, since...I, like, NEVER train them.

As for the semi-legendaries, yeah...most of their base stats are high, but only one of their stats reaches as high as a legendaries. And still none surpasses 162. Also, one of their stats always lack in something...My advice, just focus on that particular stat when battling them. That's why I made the guide. ;)

Anyways, sorry for the long message...

No worries for the long message :) It only means you really wanted to say something and weren't forced in doing so ^_^

As for what I said about old (original) base total stats and your new, modified ones: (Yeah Reshiram and Zekrom are cleaned, I must have mistook them with other legendaries duo / trio)

higSc.jpg

As you can see, not counting Arceus as you made him godlike (which is perfectly understandable ^^) :
I put the original, unedited total base stats in "Old TOTAL". And ordered it by that.

Kyurem had 700 base total, which was the highest outside of Arceus. He now has a total of 825.
There were 10 pokemon with 680 base stat totals. Now the weakest out of them is Palkia with 825 (whereas Dialga has 860 WTF), and the strongest Rayquaza has a total of 910 lol quite a difference ! If you look closely at this excel spreadsheet, as it is ordered also by National Dex N°, you can see some of the "real" Legendaries don't have the same total... And even in the same tier (like Ho-Oh and Lugia for exemple)

Slaking, Kyogre, Groudon, Regigigas each had 670 total; now in the same order they have: 730, 880, 880, 795. In this case Groudon and Kyogre have the same total so it seems ok.

There are 20 pokemon that had 600 base stats total. The weakest now is Garchomp at 691, Salamence has 704, Meleotta has 709, Metagross 715.
The strongest in this bracket are Shaymin (900 total), Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Victini (870 each). I'm not sure if I agree on this choice to make those original 100 in each base stat to become this strong. They are really balanced and are stronger than other now T_T
Latias has 760 total, Latios 775 >< The rest is random

There are 18 pokemon that were at 580 total.
Regice is at 700 total, Regirock 740, Registeel 780 oO oO
Entei: 805, Suicune 830, Raikou 840...
Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf: 759, 761, 779 ...
Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres: 750, 810, 755...

You get it now I guess :)

Anyway, still a great hack.

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
BTW, I looked twice in your different text files, and didn't see legendaries' locations... There are those for all regular pokemons on different routes and whatnot, but nothing about legendaries :/

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna reply to both posts, in this. :)

Anyways, thanks for showing me that graph...I think I understand what you meant, I see where you're coming from. I had no idea that most legendary total base were 600; with my tiny attention span...how would I? :P

To be honest, I never really paid attention to the Pokemon total base stat; even before I started editing and changing stuff on my romhack.
It's like what I said before, that kinda stuff never crossed my mind. :P I know that sounds kinda noobish and stuff, but dat's da truth. All I wanted was to make all the Pokemon have a different about feel them when using them in-game.

I guess, that's where all the random total base stuff came from. LOL...Tho, I honesty didn't know I had made Garchomp the weakest of all
pseudo-legendary Pokemon; granted that I still got my ass hand to by Drayden's. But believe me, that was completely unintentional. :(

But...Yeah, getting on the part where you said I made some legendaries stronger than others. That, right there, was intentional. It's true, when I said I didn't know most of legendaries had da same base total, but I always just figured that THAT was da case. Guess I was wrong. .

All I was trying to do was keep their base stats higher than non-legendary Pokemon; like it always been. I'm sorry that I didn't stick to keeping all their total base close together; I understand sticking to tradition is always more favorable, but I do like doing things my way from time to time. You understand, right? :)

As for the legendary location in my Pokemon guide.

Trust me, they're in there. The guide is kinda cluttered, I know and skimming through it would just give you an eye ache. Soooooo, to keep all pain to da eye a minimal, just click 'Ctrl+F' which will bring up the find thingamajig box...then type in which legendary you're looking for and voila, it will take you to them.

EDIT: I'm gonna have a vid of me fighting Elesa up tomorrow...it was a total mess, but I still able to beat that bitch on my first try...I want you to watch it, if you don't mind.

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah I saw after a while (stupid me) that there ARE in the wild encounter locations guide >< sorry for that.

As for the base stats, no problem. After seeing that Rayquaza get an uber boost compared to Mewtwo (for similar stats he gets more than him T_T like in speed despite being slower in the first case)

As I know how to edit those base stats, types, abilities now, I'm gonna balance it a bit, but just a bit (like 600 for semi legendaries, 680 for legendaries etc, with boosted stats but still coherent like in the original)

I'm still gonna make a Psychic - Steel Mewtwo with Levitate (so only Fire weakness and tons of resistances/immunities) ahah as he's supposed to be man engineered and uber badass.

In the end with Charizard (stupid Fire / Flying double Rock weakness, he's supposed to be a Dragon so -> Dragon/Fire with Levitate, only Rock and Dragon weaknesses);

Gengar (Stupid Poison type, the developpers said in an interview that it made him much more weaker as it made him weak to psychic and ground->Levitate, but still Dark is more appropriate instead of Poison... So no more weaknesses yay ! (but still weak defenses))

And this Mewtwo, I think the game will be much more enjoyable (for me at least) ^_^

Anyway still a great hack. I hate the AI doing some Glare / Hypnosis etc , than starting to Quiver Dance (SP. ATK + SP. DEF + SPD), Nasty Plot (2x SP. ATK), Dragon Dance (ATK + SPD) or Sword Dance (2xATK) after that, without Howl or Dragon Tail moves, I can prettu much reset the game lol

I'm using the same tactic, but then the AI will use Foul Play (move that does damage using YOUR current pokemon's ATK stat) and kill my "oomph'd" Gyarados in one hit lol

Or the Astonish in the first turn -> flinched, then (if you tried to oomph and took a beating) -> Sucker Punch the newt turn, byebye lol so irritating >< ahah

I'll keep you up after I do some base stats adjustement :) Maybe I'll change the hero's sprites and Mewtwo as well (if I make him levitate he has to look like it ^^)

Sorry for the wall'o'text matey

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Alright, thanks to the functions in openoffice (difference, additions, sums etc) I managed to do this:

OJ3fK.jpg

TOT is the current Yin-Yang romhack base stats totals
OLD is the original B&W game unedited for comparison's sake
TEST is my current idea to alter them (+30 to all stats, making it a base boost of +180 total)
DIFF is TEST - OLD.

What is interesting is the color codes: with this I can see clearly which pokemons are overboosted or underpowered in this hack. Aggron and Tyranitar have some major uber boost compared to some other in their original tiers.

After that, it's just a matter of taste. I mean just adding +30 to all stats seams meaningless in the end, that feels no different than original stats lolz

So, I dunno what to do. And I CBA to edit the whole 700 pokemons lol (I just checked up till 525 base stats totals so 112 best pokemons (in B&W, maybe you edited some lower underused pokemons to make them uberroxxor lol)

I'll see how I pull this off. Maybe I'll just revert all changes by putting the B&W A/0/1/6 original narc and just change some pokemon type / abilities (if the move learnset aren't in this narc and I recalled they are not) ... But this narc yields the TM & HM that can be learned :/

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: I'm gonna have a vid of me fighting Elesa up tomorrow...it was a total mess, but I still able to beat that bitch on my first try...I want you to watch it, if you don't mind.
I've been waiting for that vid, especially with your team hahaha
LOL You're so mean. Well, I've uploaded the vid. You can watch on the OP in the vid section. And trust me, it was a hard fought battle, dude. I had to rely on Jolteon in the end. Seriously. Emboar kept getting beat up and poor Roserade...Poor, poor, Roserade. D':

Yeah I saw after a while (stupid me) that there ARE in the wild encounter locations guide >< sorry for that.

As for the base stats, no problem. After seeing that Rayquaza get an uber boost compared to Mewtwo (for similar stats he gets more than him T_T like in speed despite being slower in the first case)

As I know how to edit those base stats, types, abilities now, I'm gonna balance it a bit, but just a bit (like 600 for semi legendaries, 680 for legendaries etc, with boosted stats but still coherent like in the original)

I'm still gonna make a Psychic - Steel Mewtwo with Levitate (so only Fire weakness and tons of resistances/immunities) ahah as he's supposed to be man engineered and uber badass.

In the end with Charizard (stupid Fire / Flying double Rock weakness, he's supposed to be a Dragon so -> Dragon/Fire with Levitate, only Rock and Dragon weaknesses);

Gengar (Stupid Poison type, the developpers said in an interview that it made him much more weaker as it made him weak to psychic and ground->Levitate, but still Dark is more appropriate instead of Poison... So no more weaknesses yay ! (but still weak defenses))

And this Mewtwo, I think the game will be much more enjoyable (for me at least) ^_^

Anyway still a great hack. I hate the AI doing some Glare / Hypnosis etc , than starting to Quiver Dance (SP. ATK + SP. DEF + SPD), Nasty Plot (2x SP. ATK), Dragon Dance (ATK + SPD) or Sword Dance (2xATK) after that, without Howl or Dragon Tail moves, I can prettu much reset the game lol

I'm using the same tactic, but then the AI will use Foul Play (move that does damage using YOUR current pokemon's ATK stat) and kill my "oomph'd" Gyarados in one hit lol

Or the Astonish in the first turn -> flinched, then (if you tried to oomph and took a beating) -> Sucker Punch the newt turn, byebye lol so irritating >< ahah

I'll keep you up after I do some base stats adjustement :) Maybe I'll change the hero's sprites and Mewtwo as well (if I make him levitate he has to look like it ^^)

Sorry for the wall'o'text matey
It's quite alright. Umm, yeah. I do appreicate you giving me a better understanding of total base stats. I like Pokemon, I really do, but I never bothered to go deep into all that other stuff. I know it was always there and stuff, it's just...Umm...I mean, I guess I'm more like a person who jumps into the fray, instead of knowing what's on first. LOL Or whatever how wanna put it. As for your type change and stuff. I really have no problem with it. You can change them anyways you want to. Everybody entitled to their own opinon and who am I to question what you do. :)

Tho, Mewtwo being a Steel/Psychic is quite...strange, but then again, I never cared much for legendary Pokemon in the first place. LOL
The designer said making Gengar part Poison makes it weaker? Then why make it a Poison type in the first place? LOL It makes no sense, but like I said before, eh...I really don't have no problem with it being part Poison...It's not like I make Gengar fight against Psychic Type; Shadow Ball doesn't usually make a Psychic type faint from one hit and Gengar DOES have low defensive stats...and low health.

Tho, with Levitate Psychic and Dark really is Gengar's only weakness. But yeah, I also understand where you're coming from when you said it should be part Dark. I suppose it could go both ways. ;)

As for the AI. Hm. I had no idea that they were doing stuff like that. LOL I mean, they do have a nasty habit to para/psn/slp you whenever they get da chance, but to Foul Play you after you raise your attack? I honesty thought the AI was too stupid to pull something like that off. Only stuff they did to me that caught me off guard was a Leafeon using Sword Dance and Baton Pass to a Lopunny; which proceeded to put the hurt on me. :I

But yeah, I can feel your Gyarados' pain from here...oh, how the Dragon Dance backfire on him. :P

Alright, thanks to the functions in openoffice (difference, additions, sums etc) I managed to do this:

OJ3fK.jpg

TOT is the current Yin-Yang romhack base stats totals
OLD is the original B&W game unedited for comparison's sake
TEST is my current idea to alter them (+30 to all stats, making it a base boost of +180 total)
DIFF is TEST - OLD.

What is interesting is the color codes: with this I can see clearly which pokemons are overboosted or underpowered in this hack. Aggron and Tyranitar have some major uber boost compared to some other in their original tiers.

After that, it's just a matter of taste. I mean just adding +30 to all stats seams meaningless in the end, that feels no different than original stats lolz

So, I dunno what to do. And I CBA to edit the whole 700 pokemons lol (I just checked up till 525 base stats totals so 112 best pokemons (in B&W, maybe you edited some lower underused pokemons to make them uberroxxor lol)

I'll see how I pull this off. Maybe I'll just revert all changes by putting the B&W A/0/1/6 original narc and just change some pokemon type / abilities (if the move learnset aren't in this narc and I recalled they are not) ... But this narc yields the TM & HM that can be learned :/
Hmm...I looked at the graph and the changes you made to make the legendaries more to tradition...Ya know, same base total. It's all cool and stuff, but; and tell me if I'm wrong, did you say you were gonna use a fresh narc from b/w and convert the changes on there? Yeeaaaah, I'm pretty sure IF you do that the TM/HM compatibilities are gonna go back to their original format.

And trust me, the new TMs I put on the game...most of the pokemon that can usually learn the moves won't be able anymore. And I really don't feel like re-doing something that already took me a REALLY long time to do in the first place...I know you really like Legendary pokemon and stuff...But I think I can live with jack-up total base stats. Like I said, when you play da game, it's not like you can really tell. Every Pokemon stats have been edited, not just some...ALL OF THEM.

Anyways, yeah...I did tried making some underused Pokemon like Spinda or Dunsparce trainerable on this, so yeah. Hell, I think I made Pokemon like Watchog or Raticate worth training.

As for the uber thing...I told you man, LOL when I started editing on this game I didn't think of any of that stuff; mainly cuz I really have no idea which pokemon is uber or not. It was solely coincidence and yes, it sounds stupid coming from a guy who hacks Pokemon game...Tho...I guess it's not really important if I know this or not, since I really never cared to learn it in da first place. I usually just train random Pokemon depending on which nature they have when I catch'em. LOL

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The designer said making Gengar part Poison makes it weaker? Then why make it a Poison type in the first place? LOL It makes no sense, but like I said before, eh...I really don't have no problem with it being part Poison...It's not like I make Gengar fight against Psychic Type; Shadow Ball doesn't usually make a Psychic type faint from one hit and Gengar DOES have low defensive stats...and low health.

See:

Balance issues

Psychic-type Pokémon were at the center of a balance issue in the Generation I games.[1] The issue arose from the lack of an effective countermeasure against Psychic types caused by the absence of any powerful Bug-type moves (at the time the only weaknesses of Psychic types). Strengthening the gap was the fact that the only actual Bug-type Pokémon to know the only potentially good Bug move was also part Poison-type, creating a vulnerability to Psychic moves, and that in the first-generation games, Ghost-type moves were not only ineffective against Psychic Pokémon, the only Ghost Pokémon at the time were part-Poison, also creating a vulnerability.

The issue was rectified in later generations with the addition of Steel and Dark types, an added weakness to Ghost-type moves, and more powerful Bug- and Ghost-type moves.

Tho, with Levitate Psychic and Dark really is Gengar's only weakness. But yeah, I also understand where you're coming from when you said it should be part Dark. I suppose it could go both ways. ;)

Don't forget that Ghost is weak/effective against Ghost.
As for the 'Shadow Ball can't OHKO Psychic" that's just not true. Do two rounds of Nasty Plot and watch all ennemies get OHKO :) Fighting + Ghost attacks types have no weakness. (Fighting against Normal, Dark, Steel, Rock and Ice... Ghost against Psychic, Ghost. There is no type resistant to either lol)

As for the AI. Hm. I had no idea that they were doing stuff like that. LOL I mean, they do have a nasty habit to para/psn/slp you whenever they get da chance, but to Foul Play you after you raise your attack? I honesty thought the AI was too stupid to pull something like that off. Only stuff they did to me that caught me off guard was a Leafeon using Sword Dance and Baton Pass to a Lopunny; which proceeded to put the hurt on me. :I

But yeah, I can feel your Gyarados' pain from here...oh, how the Dragon Dance backfire on him. :P

Yeah Astonish -> Foul Play and if not dead (Gyarados with Adamant Nature and HL has +300 ATK without modifiers lol and weak def) -> Sucker Punch >_>

Hmm...I looked at the graph and the changes you made to make the legendaries more to tradition...Ya know, same base total. It's all cool and stuff, but; and tell me if I'm wrong, did you say you were gonna use a fresh narc from b/w and convert the changes on there? Yeeaaaah, I'm pretty sure IF you do that the TM/HM compatibilities are gonna go back to their original format.

And trust me, the new TMs I put on the game...most of the pokemon that can usually learn the moves won't be able anymore. And I really don't feel like re-doing something that already took me a REALLY long time to do in the first place...I know you really like Legendary pokemon and stuff...But I think I can live with jack-up total base stats. Like I said, when you play da game, it's not like you can really tell. Every Pokemon stats have been edited, not just some...ALL OF THEM.

Well I could live with original learnable TM/HMs. That way all pokemons had their original base stats and stay in their power tiers. Too bad it also changed the abilities (except for two pokemons I wanted to edit) but well... I hated having pokemons weaker than others cause to the base stats edits :D
Anyways, yeah...I did tried making some underused Pokemon like Spinda or Dunsparce trainerable on this, so yeah. Hell, I think I made Pokemon like Watchog or Raticate worth training.

As for the uber thing...I told you man, LOL when I started editing on this game I didn't think of any of that stuff; mainly cuz I really have no idea which pokemon is uber or not. It was solely coincidence and yes, it sounds stupid coming from a guy who hacks Pokemon game...Tho...I guess it's not really important if I know this or not, since I really never cared to learn it in da first place. I usually just train random Pokemon depending on which nature they have when I catch'em. LOL

LOL
When you come and get your ass pwnd by gym leaders (and even just some random ace trainers) using cheesy tactics ie: Dragon Dance / Swords Dance / Nasty Plot / Calm Mind / Quiver Dance + Hypnosis / Glare / ThunderWave etc + some +1 priority moves (Sucker Punch, Astonich, Extreme Speed...) and on top of that can use Foul Play to pwn you with your own oomph'd attack ..;

You start to play competitively, like you do on Smogon or shoddy battle etc ... You use the same tactics and start using pokemon that can use it well (good typing or coverage)

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country
This hack look so awsome gonna play it right now.

And how did you change which item ppl give to you and which items thats inside a pokeball?

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, after some extensive play through my Yang White file; I found an error concerning to Jumpluff's moveset, so I gotta make a new patch...soon. Well, I suppose it not bad, I can finally fix up that 'collapsed' thing during in-game battles. Also, I wanted to a few other things like clean up summa da post-game trainer battles.

Anyhooo...

In reply to your comment, Hyunckel...

Hmm, I had completely forgotten that. Psychic type; as in the Abra-Line, were pretty unmatched in gen 1, huh? LOL The only bug moves were twineedle and pin missile...and we all know those move couldn't do squat to Psychic types. Not to mention, only carried by Beedrill. Hmm, no.

I also remember Poison using to say Super Effective to Bug types. I wonder why they stop doing that? It kinda make sense since Bug Spray is basically like a toxin to insect.

But yeah, Dark and Steel really did balance the shift in types, till Focus Blast was invented. LOL I'm only kidding. Gen 2 two did introduce moves like Megahorn and Shadow Ball...so yeah, it made things better...I guess.

And yep, again...I forgot; as in I wasn't thinking, Ghost is also weak against itself. Ironic...Oh, when I said a Ghost Type couldn't down a Psychic type with one Shadow Ball, I was talking about without boosting a stat. Then again, you can pretty much say that for any Pokemon with a super effective move against another Pokemon; unless it's double weak against.

LOL The AI does seem cheap at time; ya know, when they're actually fighting smart. Always seeming to score crits; or making your opponent get a win by using a bullshit ass attack. They also seems to attack the Pokemon lowest defensive stat...i.e. your Gyarados' Defense.

Well, you might can live without the new TM/HM, but I certainly can't. LOL I mean, that what make 'this' game; its gimmick, if you will. I know the original stats are always cooler, but when playin' hack this just think of different Pokemon in different power tiers...or whatever. LOL

LOL Yeah, getting beat by Ace Trainers or gym leader using annoying move setup does make ya halfta rethink what you gotta do to beat them. Not saying that I don't hate thinking things over, but...I hate thinking things over. >_>

I'm back to uploading Yang White, Twizzy did you see the Skyla battle yet? I've had that uploaded for awhile
Yeah, I'm looking at right now. It's been awesome Delibird completely own her Braviary. LOL I'm gonna watch all of'em I missed.

This hack look so awsome gonna play it right now.

And how did you change which item ppl give to you and which items thats inside a pokeball?
Thanks, mano. :D

So, ya wanna know how I edit overworld items, eh...Well, I would tell youse, but I would halfta kill youse afterward.
...Naaaaaaaaah...I kid, just PM me, I'll tell ya how. :P

Downloading now .. :D
Cool thanks. And remember, feedback on this, will always make me do one of these: :)

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Hmm, I had completely forgotten that. Psychic type; as in the Abra-Line, were pretty unmatched in gen 1, huh? LOL The only bug moves were twineedle and pin missile...and we all know those move couldn't do squat to Psychic types. Not to mention, only carried by Beedrill. Hmm, no.

Psychic pokemons (well Alakazam and Mewtwo basically) were godlike in R/B/Y :D

Gyarados (with his SPE base stat at 100 which means he had awesome ATK, good DEF+SPE+SP.DEF :O) and Dragonite also were godlike too, able to fire of FlameThrower, Thunder(bolt?), Ice Beam and Ultra Beam :D Loved playing with them.

The most enjoyable thing in this hack is the difficulty:

When you beat a gym, you don't tunnelvision the next set of trainers till next gym, like on original games, where you even tried to evade them as they didn't seem particulary useful ^^

Here the basic trainers after a gym have nearly the same levels, and quite good pokemons/movesets, thus giving lots of XP and pretty much mandatory :)

I love getting my ass handed to me by the CPU (trainers or gym leaders) when they use those darn cheap tactics ahahahah

This feel like a real game, not a "gotta keep my starter pokemon and train it till he has +20 levels over every opponent, screw the types effectivenesses I have levels" lol ^^)

Way more strategic. Like a real pokemon game should be. I hated that in Crystal, Emerald, Platinum etc you have to rely on the Battle Tower shitty thing to get some challenge, and it gets old quick.

B&W2 even in challenge mode isn't a real challenge either >

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Psychic pokemons (well Alakazam and Mewtwo basically) were godlike in R/B/Y :D

Gyarados (with his SPE base stat at 100 which means he had awesome ATK, good DEF+SPE+SP.DEF :O) and Dragonite also were godlike too, able to fire of FlameThrower, Thunder(bolt?), Ice Beam and Ultra Beam :D Loved playing with them.

The most enjoyable thing in this hack is the difficulty:

When you beat a gym, you don't tunnelvision the next set of trainers till next gym, like on original games, where you even tried to evade them as they didn't seem particulary useful ^^

Here the basic trainers after a gym have nearly the same levels, and quite good pokemons/movesets, thus giving lots of XP and pretty much mandatory :)

I love getting my ass handed to me by the CPU (trainers or gym leaders) when they use those darn cheap tactics ahahahah

This feel like a real game, not a "gotta keep my starter pokemon and train it till he has +20 levels over every opponent, screw the types effectivenesses I have levels" lol ^^)

Way more strategic. Like a real pokemon game should be. I hated that in Crystal, Emerald, Platinum etc you have to rely on the Battle Tower shitty thing to get some challenge, and it gets old quick.

B&W2 even in challenge mode isn't a real challenge either >

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished the hack, and I saw you make a comment saying that you're gonna edit the post game more. Should I wait until the next patch to do the post game? Will the trainers be different?
Ghestis was much harder than he was in the previous version, N wasn't too bad though, but that may be because I used Zekrom against his Reshiram, just for the epicness. Zekrom got owned by Kyurem though, and was never used again in either battle, and will not be used in the post game, you made it extremely powerful. I may show off a bonus vid of Zekrom just wrecking the post game with his insane attack

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I finished the hack, and I saw you make a comment saying that you're gonna edit the post game more. Should I wait until the next patch to do the post game? Will the trainers be different?
Ghestis was much harder than he was in the previous version, N wasn't too bad though, but that may be because I used Zekrom against his Reshiram, just for the epicness. Zekrom got owned by Kyurem though, and was never used again in either battle, and will not be used in the post game, you made it extremely powerful. I may show off a bonus vid of Zekrom just wrecking the post game with his insane attack
Naaaaah, dude...what it means is simply I haven't added any of da version 3 stuff on there. You can still go there and fight trainers and stuff; it'll be just da stuff that was on 2.5

Did you notice how when you talk to Looker he was still talking about the super rod, but gives you 10 rare candies instead? Yeah, that's what I mean. Not to mention, summa da overworld items haven't been changed. But the wild Pokemon, trainers...they all been edited. What I haven't did was changed up their Pokemon move setup. That's gonna be in da next patch.

Anyways, yeah...I'm glad you enjoyed my new Ghesist. His Hail/Sandstorm strategy was WAY different from the last pathetic attempt I did with him. Of course N was easy if you're using a legendary. Shame on you for using Zekrom in that battle.

LOL I kid, but you're right...I did make da legendaries, like, superpowerful compared to regular Pokemon; tho, I won't say unbeatable, there's no such thing as an unbeatable Pokemon, if you're using right set of attacks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto