jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like Napalm, I also have a big backlog, of 5 games. lol I just finished Project X Zone, and I'm also finished with Sonic Generations. I have to redo White 2 on a retail cart, but after that, the rest of them are on my Xbox. When X & Y finally ships to my house I doubt that I will be finish with them, on TOP of adding GTAV to the list, so they might just sit in the packaging refining like the best wine until their done.

But more on topic, Who wants to bet that there will be more MegaPokemon on the game than 6th Gen Pokemon? I have a feeling that that will be the case.

Reactions: NapalmOmega

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like Napalm, I also have a big backlog, of 5 games. lol I just finished Project X Zone, and I'm also finished with Sonic Generations. I have to redo White 2 on a retail cart, but after that, the rest of them are on my Xbox. When X & Y finally ships to my house I doubt that I will be finish with them, on TOP of adding GTAV to the list, so they might just sit in the packaging refining like the best wine until their done.

But more on topic, Who wants to bet that there will be more MegaPokemon on the game than 6th Gen Pokemon? I have a feeling that that will be the case.
You think there'll be more than 100+ Mega Pokemon? I highly doubt that.

jonesman99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You think there'll be more than 100+ Mega Pokemon? I highly doubt that.

From the way they are talking about them and the focus on older pokemon, that is the sense I am getting. It would make me feel a little better if they announced a Mega Pokemon from the 6th Gen itself and then have us figure out what Pokemon it comes from. Or something like that.

EDIT: 1000th POST!!!! :hrth:

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the way they are talking about them and the focus on older pokemon, that is the sense I am getting. It would make me feel a little better if they announced a Mega Pokemon from the 6th Gen itself and then have us figure out what Pokemon it comes from. Or something like that.
They're probably focusing on older Pokemon because they don't wanna release info on a bunch of new Pokemon. Honestly, I'd rather them just highlight new features, and that's it. I don't want everything being spoiled. I wanted to stop reading this thread 100+ pages ago, but... meh, I'm already past the point of no return now.

Rumsie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They're probably focusing on older Pokemon because they don't wanna release info on a bunch of new Pokemon. Honestly, I'd rather them just highlight new features, and that's it. I don't want everything being spoiled. I wanted to stop reading this thread 100+ pages ago, but... meh, I'm already past the point of no return now.

Haha, same here. :P

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If Nintendo made a demo, it would have like 5 or even less usages anyway.

i guess nowadays, Nintendo is afraid of Demo Leechers (people who get the demo and play it over and over rather than buying the game)
that has to be the only semi logical reason I can find for Nintendo to put limited usage on demo's when supposedly evil (according to Nintendo fanboys) Sony and Microsoft have no demo limitations.
but of course, they are now in the habit of not putting demo's out either. at least Sony has full game demo's for PS+ Members that last 24 hours.
? As far as I'm aware (and I have a PS3 with PS+) those demos only allow for 60 minutes of play time. Also, while max three demo usages are a bit excessive, (Etrian Odyssey 4) I don't see why anyone would want to play the same demo 30 times anyway. It's an annoying (and somewhat pointless) limitation, but if you're anything like 99% of the world you'll only care about it when the amount of uses is like 5 or less.

icedragon258

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Guys did you hear about the pokemon annoucement that will be tomorrow ? I guess it will be either about that mysterious pokenn fighetrs like game on the wii u or about the leaked gottacatch'emall website

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mario and luigi dream team... is from the mario franchise.

While it's true that they never did, they're taking baby steps.
Since the last years, Nintendo has managed to surprise us numerous times, so I wouldn't count this idea out.

Mario and Luigi Dream Team is a spin-off,
I'm talking about main series(platform games).
3D Marios like Sunshine, Galaxy, 3D Land etc
and 2D games like NSMB.

Titles like Mario main series, pokemon and many other are always gonna sell,
there is no need for a demo, people will buy it anyway.
Differently from Mario and Luigi RPG series, that do not have that popular appeal.

Remember that this is not my opinion, but what I believe that Nintendo staff believe,
for me, a demo is always welcome, and also,
if a demo isn't helping sales, it's certainly not gonna hurt,
ít's not like people will stop buying a game because they can play a demo.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
and 2D games like NSMB.

Differently from Mario and Luigi RPG series, that do not have that popular appeal.

Remember that this is not my opinion, but what I believe that Nintendo staff believe,
maybe a bit off topic but the halo series has no demo's either. ^_^ which makes it even more logical then it already was.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
and 2D games like NSMB.

Haven't you noticed that demos came after the mario game was released? I don't think they bothered making demos about games already released at that time.
I will say it, and I will say it again.
I wouldn't count this idea out.

I never said that demos are things that make sales. That doesn,t mean it hurts making one either.
Hell, I see it more worthwhile making demos of game where the brands aren't particularly known.

Don't get me wrong either, I never said that I would see pokémon as a demo either. But it isn't an impossilbility either.

jonesman99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And nintendo made that demo, is what I ask? FFS man
Was there a ninty demo that came before it?

How can Nintendo make a demo to a Capcom owned franchise? Unless you were referring to NSMB2, because that would mean that part of your argument is irrelevant.

I seriously think that a Pokemon demo will ever be released to the general public, maybe only in the event that the franchise is in some serious trouble and really needs a boost in advertisement.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How can Nintendo make a demo to a Capcom owned franchise? Unless you were referring to NSMB2, because that would mean that part of your argument is irrelevant.

I seriously think that a Pokemon demo will ever be released to the general public, maybe only in the event that the franchise is in some serious trouble and really needs a boost in advertisement.

Read again before replying.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apologies, but still Nintendo can't make a demo of a 3rd party franchise, which is Capcom in this case, they can only authorize and release it.

Tell that to VMM, which was my entire point. I said that Nintendo never bothered releasing a demo of NSMB2 (or it's most popular franchises) because the ninty demos began after it IIRC.
(Only exception is nintendogs.)

jonesman99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, then to rerail the thread, Who wants to bet that that Diantha character will be a gym leader, E4, or even Champion?

Also, I liked the way that GF abruptly ended your Pokemon League with the rise of Plasma castle in B/W, I kinda hope that they do something like that again in X/Y.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol