Homebrew Pokemon Virtual Console Patches (Debug Menu, Speed Up, Full Screen)

daddu3

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Loving these patches, especially with full-screen giving my Silver more bigger immersion on my SNES N3DS XL.

Unfortunately there seems to be a problem with the border support: mine seems to go fully blank despite me hearing the in-game sounds:

JV5B2Sp.png

Applies to all Gen1/2 games I own, btw.

thecoffings

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have make a Dragon Warrior Monster VC with the GBC Injector. Work the patch with selfmade VCs?

"- These should only work for Pokemon virtual console games"

... F*ck :/

Last edited by thecoffings,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can get these patches to work for the gen 1 games no problem, but the gen 2 games just load to a blank screen with Luma plugins enabled (and yes I'm using the right gen 2 plugins for those games).

I did make custom injects of these games with the ultimate 3DS VC injector so that I could change the Game Boy border, as well as change the 3D Game Boy model's color and the cartridge's color on the main screen, the rom files themselves are still the original vanilla versions though. So maybe that has something to do with why the gen 2 games aren't working, but I did the same for the gen 1 games, and they load just fine with the plugins working as well; so I'm not so sure on that. These are all US versions.

Anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong with the gen 2 games?

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently the gen 1 patches work for the gen 2 games on my 3DS, I don't get it, but I don't care lol.

EDIT 2: Figured out what was up with my first edit there: since I was making custom injections of the gen 2 games, I didn't realize that for them in the New Super Ultimate injector, I had to toggle to "using the newer version" for applying the wireless linking patch. Sure enough, that allowed the games to link up properly again, and at the same time disabled these gen 1 patches from working like they were in my first edit. At which point, I swapped them out for the gen 2 patches, and they worked as desired, with the wireless linking working as well.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This probably isn't possible, but is there any way to add a resolution option to the debug menu? That way you could go to full stretched screen back to its original size in the same session (not unlike playing a GB/GBC game on a GBA and making that adjustment by hitting L or R). I know we have the patch that gives us both the widescreen and debug patches, but you can't change the screen size within a play session, you're stuck with a full stretched screen at all times.

david_enoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get this to work for pokemon rom hacks such as polished crystal? I have the correct folder title id and code ips in there, patches enabled and it still doesnt work. It works for my regular Pokemon Crystal, not sure why its not working for the romhack. Can anyone help with this?

Storm_Magic

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sorry to bring this up again but i need this function for my crystal run, is there any update on this ?
caus im on the newest luma and i get to the debug menu and i can switch to the diffrent options but can't confrim them.
its like my a botton suddenly doesn't work anymore

RainbowSyrup

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to bring this up again but i need this function for my crystal run, is there any update on this ?
caus im on the newest luma and i get to the debug menu and i can switch to the diffrent options but can't confrim them.
its like my a botton suddenly doesn't work anymore
Hi, dunno if you’ve figured it out yet but you’ve gotta hit Y in the debug menu instead of A.

Also, does anyone know how the button repeater works??

2dere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Awesome Patches!
That full width takes me right back to the Old GBA days,
Some people hated wide mode, but I used it all the time.

--
Also, since no one seems to be posting the ID's I'll list mine:

USA Pokemon red [eshop-English]: 0004000000171000
USA pokemon Crystal [eshop-English]:0004000000172800
Thanks for this. I got my title ID from checkpoint not knowing that it trimmed the id down from crystal to just display "00172800" then I was wondering why the example in other comments were longer. Thanks, this is what I needed!

Plutoshin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there a way to remove the wide screen patch?
Also my Pokémon red is very laggy when I use emulation speed 2 and some text appear on screen, or in battle

Last edited by Plutoshin,

Grenn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the wide screen and debug patch working on pokemon red, but crystal crashes whenever I launch it with the patch

Jooo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
there is no save file in checkpoint for pokemon crystal with the patches. is this normal? before crystal i played vc pokemon red without patches and the save file is in checkpoint

Last edited by Jooo,

fatboi7913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to apply the patches to the vc games located in the original 3ds folder where the downloaded games go or do I have to move it to luma and if so how do i do that without botching it . I wanna apply the patch to Crystal so I can hunt Celebi faster because the cutscene takes years to play

nvm found out how

Last edited by fatboi7913,

LuckofLucien

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still cant seem to get it to work. Just testing on Red and all i get is a black screen.

Im on latest luma 13
title id is correct
game patching is on
the file is named to 'code'

Not sure whats wrong

**Tried with another red with a different title id, still doesnt work

Last edited by LuckofLucien,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all