Kyleht24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hiya,
Sorry if I’ve posted this in the wrong section don’t really post much. Basically I’ve been trying to install Pokemon ultra moon after dumping it from my cart. I’ve done it in the past but removed it for a rom a hack, but now it won’t install just fails every time. Tried deleting title id(can’t find it), deleted the ticket and tried big blue menu. Any help would be appreciated and I’m so sorry if it’s just a blatantly obvious fix.
Thanks in advance, Kyle

Error message reads
Failed to install CIA file.
Result code: 0xD8E0806A
Level: Permenant (27)
Summary: Invalid argument (7)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: cert signature or hash check failed (106)

Info about my 3ds
Old3ds Xl - ver 11.9.0-42E
Luma 9.1
FBI 2.4.2 (assuming it’s the latest as it won’t allow me to update it)

Last edited by Kyleht24,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Every single time something "fails", it pops an error, so without telling us what error FBI shows up nobody can really help you... Always include full details in your post, error messages straight out tell you what's wrong 99% of the time!

Reactions: AmandaRose

Kyleht24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Every single time something "fails", it pops an error, so without telling us what error FBI shows up nobody can really help you... Always include full details in your post, error messages straight out tell you what's wrong 99% of the time!
Sorry my bad, just a hectic day. Posted the error on the original post.

botik

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
-One possible reason in long name file containing special characters (™ ©).Rename in game.cia
-Also solving the problem is repacking the file CIA

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
My guesses are it's a corrupted/bad dump (most likely seeing HASH check failed or certificates weren't packaged inside of it), it has weird characters in the name like mentioned above (also try to have names with less than 30 characters) or a partition in the SD card is corrupted (disk check it). Try a different CIA first in case the one you are using isn't a proper dump and see if it works. If it doesn't, check the SD card for errors.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Kyleht24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My guesses are it's a corrupted/bad dump (most likely seeing HASH check failed or certificates weren't packaged inside of it), it has weird characters in the name like mentioned above (also try to have names with less than 30 characters) or a partition in the SD card is corrupted (disk check it). Try a different CIA first in case the one you are using isn't a proper dump and see if it works. If it doesn't, check the SD card for errors.
Sd has no errors, formatted it, re done the partitions, named the CIA game.cia and tried installing another CIA with success. Guessing that my files just gone whack?

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sd has no errors, formatted it, re done the partitions, named the CIA game.cia and tried installing another CIA with success. Guessing that my files just gone whack?
It was just a bad dump, I listed the reasons for the issue in the order from likely to unlikely, you didn't need to re-format and everything, always try a different CIA first when you get that error, almost every single time it's either a bad or corrupted CIA.:P

Kyleht24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A friend borrowed me his copy of the game and it turns out my file must be corrupted, very confusing as I’ve used it a number of times in the past but oh well all sorted. Thanks for your guys help, appreciate it :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei5hC8ahLoc