stealth20k

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If all these people have time to do another crappy pokemon translation they should focus there time on games that ACTUALLY NEED TO BE TRANSLATED like 7th dragon, ect....

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ur kinda right, though I can understand that people are enthusiastic about hg/ss. But indeed making something like a full tales of innocence translation or finishing jump ultimate stars would be much better

stealth20k

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly right now the good translations are tales of innocence/hearts, Ash Archiac, and SaGa 2 other than those nothing else is worth it because those games WONT BE RELEASED IN AMERICA.

stealth20k

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway I would gladly volunteer to be an editor on any worthwhile project, because it would be worth it for the whole community. A Pokemon translation for a game going to be released in 6 months isn't helping anyone in the long run.

devanteaddai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stealth20k said:
If all these people have time to do another crappy pokemon translation they should focus there time on games that ACTUALLY NEED TO BE TRANSLATED like 7th dragon, ect....

You know what i fell the same way as ive asked if anyone was gona tranlate Blood of Bahamut
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=180838
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=181...p;#entry2281601

What anoys me most about the guys tranlating pokemon is the fact it comin out in english whereas games like Blood of Bahamut havent been anounced to come to an english speaking country. But then again they may not get any money for tranlating these games or just wana tranlate games they like so it up to them.

stealth20k

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your right, it may be up to them what they want to do, but if what they are doing is 100% dumb, we should be able to call them out on it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stealth20k said:
Vent my anger over these stupid people translating a game thats coming to america.

While I agree with what you're saying, use your blog next time. We've already got enough pointless threads in this section because of Pokemon translations, what's the point of another one?

stealth20k

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is constructive, while new Pokemon translations are not. If the people doing them realize they are insanely stupid, maybe they would consider doing a good project like blood of bahamut, 7th dragon, anything really that would not be released in the US ever. That's the whole point of a translation thread.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stealth20k said:
This is constructive, while new Pokemon translations are not. If the people doing them realize they are insanely stupid, maybe they would consider doing a good project like blood of bahamut, 7th dragon, anything really that would not be released in the US ever. That's the whole point of a translation thread.

The problem is that games like BoB or 7th Dragon actually require skill. Any trained monkey can extract the text from Pokemon and have their way with it. That's why we have like 5 translations. For BoB or 7th Dragon you'd actually have to know how to translate instead of just how to use thenewpoketext. The only thing they could help with is the fact that they know English and Japanese (or they could just be assholes, using Google Translation or copy and pasting from the original games).

stealth20k

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I completely agree, those take skill. Thats besides the point, Pokemon is coming out in April. There is no need for those patches at all really.

Holyevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
April is a long time away from here and people want to play these games pretty bad, in English. I don't know if you guys know this, but Gold/Silver versions are considered the best of the Pokemon games, and because of that is probably the result of tons of people trying to translate it.

It's pointless, but who's to complain? With all the tools out there, it's much easier to translate a Pokemon game, plus there are Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum to take info from, causing a lot of people make translations. Yeah we all wish they would team up and do it together so it will be faster, but that's not going to happen in most cases. Unfortunately people want all the credit, and there are also some issues with people working together.

I'm pretty sure the translations would die down if people stopped posting in the new threads that popped up, and just ignored them. All I've seen is people flaming "STOP MAKING NEW TRANSLATIONS!!! WE DUN NEED ANYMORE!!!" which just gives the thread more activity. The people would probably just stop if no one gave their translation any attention.

It seems like you're arguing that these patches are a waste of time, but really, is complaining about a patch that's a waste of a time, a waste of time? That's the way I look at it. Unfortunately you can't stop people from doing what they like, and if they want to do it, they'll do it.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Chris_Skylock said:
translate IDOLM@STER for the love of God. Another group has done translating Pokemon but too bad they're not sharing it.

Hmm..I wonder if we can share the IDOLMASTER translation patch?
what do you mean can you share it or not, do you have access to unreleased patches?

Shardnax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stealth20k said:
Exactly right now the good translations are tales of innocence/hearts, Ash Archiac, and SaGa 2 other than those nothing else is worth it because those games WONT BE RELEASED IN AMERICA.

Those would be awesome translations, maybe a certain someone might feel like doing to last bit of work remaining on ASH
smile.gif
? If all of the translation groups/individuals joined up and started finishing off each release they could probably get the games patched pretty quick.

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon HG/SS is going to come out somewhere around April in America I think and there's already 2 trustworthy translations ... all the others are bullshikt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.