Pokemon Translation Bull

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by stealth20k, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2009

Pokemon Translation Bull by stealth20k at 11:18 AM (3,025 Views / 0 Likes) 22 replies

1. stealth20k
    OP

Banned stealth20k Banned

United States
    If all these people have time to do another crappy pokemon translation they should focus there time on games that ACTUALLY NEED TO BE TRANSLATED like 7th dragon, ect....

2. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    So, the point of this thread is?....

3. stealth20k
    OP

Banned stealth20k Banned

United States
    Vent my anger over these stupid people translating a game thats coming to america.

4. Demonbart

Member Demonbart GBATemp's guitar hero

Netherlands
    Ur kinda right, though I can understand that people are enthusiastic about hg/ss. But indeed making something like a full tales of innocence translation or finishing jump ultimate stars would be much better

5. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    translate IDOLM@STER for the love of God. Another group has done translating Pokemon but too bad they're not sharing it.

Hmm..I wonder if we can share the IDOLMASTER translation patch?

6. stealth20k
    OP

Banned stealth20k Banned

United States
    Exactly right now the good translations are tales of innocence/hearts, Ash Archiac, and SaGa 2 other than those nothing else is worth it because those games WONT BE RELEASED IN AMERICA.

7. stealth20k
    OP

Banned stealth20k Banned

United States
    Anyway I would gladly volunteer to be an editor on any worthwhile project, because it would be worth it for the whole community. A Pokemon translation for a game going to be released in 6 months isn't helping anyone in the long run.

8. devanteaddai

Newcomer devanteaddai Member

United States
    You know what i fell the same way as ive asked if anyone was gona tranlate Blood of Bahamut
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=180838
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=181...p;#entry2281601

What anoys me most about the guys tranlating pokemon is the fact it comin out in english whereas games like Blood of Bahamut havent been anounced to come to an english speaking country. But then again they may not get any money for tranlating these games or just wana tranlate games they like so it up to them.

9. stealth20k
    OP

Banned stealth20k Banned

United States
    Your right, it may be up to them what they want to do, but if what they are doing is 100% dumb, we should be able to call them out on it.

10. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    While I agree with what you're saying, use your blog next time. We've already got enough pointless threads in this section because of Pokemon translations, what's the point of another one?

11. stealth20k
    OP

Banned stealth20k Banned

United States
    This is constructive, while new Pokemon translations are not. If the people doing them realize they are insanely stupid, maybe they would consider doing a good project like blood of bahamut, 7th dragon, anything really that would not be released in the US ever. That's the whole point of a translation thread.

12. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    The problem is that games like BoB or 7th Dragon actually require skill. Any trained monkey can extract the text from Pokemon and have their way with it. That's why we have like 5 translations. For BoB or 7th Dragon you'd actually have to know how to translate instead of just how to use thenewpoketext. The only thing they could help with is the fact that they know English and Japanese (or they could just be assholes, using Google Translation or copy and pasting from the original games).

13. stealth20k
    OP

Banned stealth20k Banned

United States
    I completely agree, those take skill. Thats besides the point, Pokemon is coming out in April. There is no need for those patches at all really.

14. Holyevil

Newcomer Holyevil Member

United States
    April is a long time away from here and people want to play these games pretty bad, in English. I don't know if you guys know this, but Gold/Silver versions are considered the best of the Pokemon games, and because of that is probably the result of tons of people trying to translate it.

It's pointless, but who's to complain? With all the tools out there, it's much easier to translate a Pokemon game, plus there are Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum to take info from, causing a lot of people make translations. Yeah we all wish they would team up and do it together so it will be faster, but that's not going to happen in most cases. Unfortunately people want all the credit, and there are also some issues with people working together.

I'm pretty sure the translations would die down if people stopped posting in the new threads that popped up, and just ignored them. All I've seen is people flaming "STOP MAKING NEW TRANSLATIONS!!! WE DUN NEED ANYMORE!!!" which just gives the thread more activity. The people would probably just stop if no one gave their translation any attention.

It seems like you're arguing that these patches are a waste of time, but really, is complaining about a patch that's a waste of a time, a waste of time? That's the way I look at it. Unfortunately you can't stop people from doing what they like, and if they want to do it, they'll do it.

15. WeakNiZ

Member WeakNiZ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There's no offcial release date for the game yet.

16. clegion

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    what do you mean can you share it or not, do you have access to unreleased patches?

17. Shardnax

Member Shardnax GBAtemp Regular

United States

Those would be awesome translations, maybe a certain someone might feel like doing to last bit of work remaining on ASH [​IMG]? If all of the translation groups/individuals joined up and started finishing off each release they could probably get the games patched pretty quick.

18. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    But then I realized, the game's coming sooner than I thought.

19. tajio

Member tajio GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Pokemon HG/SS is going to come out somewhere around April in America I think and there's already 2 trustworthy translations ... all the others are bullshikt

20. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    What about mine? Mine isn't supposed to be a good translation. It's just for ROFLMFAOs and OMGWTFBBQs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.