Gaming Pokemon - to buy or to download

NonStopInTheMix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ah yeah im going to have to go with the pirated side. If i can get over the fact that theres no SPEED button on the ds like on emulators =P

The free stylus thing just wasnt enough to get me to buy a legit one XD

celentt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I'll just play the rom and if my friends end up playing the game and get revolution for the wii when it eventually comes out, i'll buy the catridge...

maybe by the time that happens, there will be a flashcart that supports the connection =P

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I WOULD buy it but here in Canada the starting price point at my local EB is 65 plust tax
i mean that's almost equal to a ps3 game, i can't pay that much
if it was 35 or 40 then sure but 65 is not worth it
BS. It's $39.99 at EB Games. You're local EB is running some scamming shit if they want $65.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I WOULD buy it but here in Canada the starting price point at my local EB is 65 plust tax

BS. It's $39.99 at EB Games. You're local EB is running some scamming shit if they want $65.

lol some local game stores may charge full price becasue they can, i know it costs about $59 for a DS game in the UK.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

65 canadian dollars = like 40 us dollars.
Anyway, buy it.
NAO!
I preordered both a wile ago

kurono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EBGames in Canada has been known to rip people off. They usually sell more than other retailers anyways, so I don't know why you would even bother with them. FutureShop and BestBuy would be the best places to get it when they're released. The site has them listed as $44.99 right now, but when they are released during the week of the 24th, expect it to go on sale on the Friday of the same week, possibly $5-$10 off. They always do this with big new releases, so buying it in Canada isn't a problem.

garry35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a nintendo ds flashcart and yes i do download and play roms my reasons(s) are :-

with some early pokemon games u could not play genuine carts on a ds for wotever reasons... for this reason the only way to play some of the early games was with a flashcart. i have bought just about every pokemon game available usually secondhand or from friends.

i refuse to pay extortionate prices for ANY games regardless of format, i would rather just download the rom and pick a genuine cart when i find one at the right price.

i am a self confessed pirate, but i always like to have an original whenever possible for the above reasons...............

NonStopInTheMix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Download it first (if it comes out before the 22nd), buy the game, then transfer save file onto the real cart.

sorry im a bit new to the scene...
nyanya.gif
you can actually transfer your .sav file from a flashcart to the legit cartridge? wow never knew that! im still against the super high prices for these games though
hate2.gif

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Download it first (if it comes out before the 22nd), buy the game, then transfer save file onto the real cart.

nyanya.gif
you can actually transfer your .sav file from a flashcart to the legit cartridge? wow never knew that! im still against the super high prices for these games though
hate2.gif

Yep, its called Rein, and it works just fine! I've done this for Wario Touched and Mario & Luigi 2.

NonStopInTheMix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

TO WALMART! XD i got my flyer for the weekend today, my local walmart here in canada is listing it as $43.83 "EVERYDAY"
yaynds.gif

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

nyanya.gif
hate2.gif

Yep, its called Rein, and it works just fine! I've done this for Wario Touched and Mario & Luigi 2.
This is easier (I think) and plus, it dosen't require a slot-2 flash card. Not everybody has one you know.

Convert the save file using Shuny's save converter and convert the R4 file to a Supercard save file. Using Eepinator, back up the save from the converted save to the commercial cart. Don't forget to DLDI patch Eepinator. This is what I plan on doing. I have tried it with Mario Kart DS and it works. (I tested it with a AR save file from GameFAQs, not an R4 file but it will work anyway)

NonStopInTheMix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wow that sounds great! cant wait to try it out when i eventually get around to buying a copy of Diamond or Pearl

does anybody think it'll sell out her as fast as it did in Japan?

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wow that sounds great! cant wait to try it out when i eventually get around to buying a copy of Diamond or Pearl

does anybody think it'll sell out her as fast as it did in Japan?
Nah, it won't sell as fast here. We just don't care about it like the Japanese do. I remember reading about a guy who had trouble getting the game in Tokyo and ended up paying over ¥60 000 for both games and and a DS Lite.

NonStopInTheMix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
no wonder nintendo takes so long translating the japanese version for North America... they can take their time. They dont live with the looming threat that 4 million pokemon fans will come crashing through their factory =P

as for that guy in Japan i am amazed o.o hes almost as desperate as a person looking for a PS3 before christmas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Back