Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon Launching Winter 2015 on 3DS

SMD_Logo_Final_RGB.jpg
Today Nintendo announced the latest chapter in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series is coming to the Nintendo 3DS in Winter 2015.
The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced today the upcoming release of the Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon game for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the latest installment of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series that has sold more than 13 million units worldwide. Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon will be available in North America in winter 2015.

The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced today the upcoming release of the Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon game for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. (Photo: Business Wire)
Players can look forward to even greater, randomly created dungeons that change each time they enter. In Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, players will battle alongside Legendary and Mythical Pokémon to save the world in a sweeping tale of adventure and mystery.

The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world. For more information, visit www.pokemon.com.
:arrow:Source: GBAtemp Inbox

Nico143

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I liked Gates to Infinity (and i'm probably the one because i didn't played to the other PMDs, lol).
Unfortunately, for us Europeans, the game release in our region is not before Early/Spring 2016!
That's kinda sad, Europe never had love from Nintendo. :glare:

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't the Mystery Dungeon series actually the best of the pokémon's series?

Not like I followed the series that much myself... but people seems to say so at times

The first two Mystery dungeon series ( Rescue Team and Explorers) were quite good. Replayed them several times and it has good replay value since procedural generation.

Gates was a disappointment though and tbh I would rather they return to sprites because the animations just look better to me.

Reactions: Walker D

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I really don't see the appeal... I played Blue Rescue Team back in the day- got bored of the doing the same thing over and over after a couple hours. I mean, I suppose if they made this series the Nintendo-esque 'one per console', I wouldn't mind it as much. But that's obviously not the case.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked Gates to Infinity (and i'm probably the one because i didn't played to the other PMDs, lol).
Unfortunately, for us Europeans, the game release in our region is not before Early/Spring 2016!
That's kinda sad, Europe never had love from Nintendo. :glare:
They do love us. So much that they are going to translate the game in 5 different languages before release. That's why it will take longer.
But yeah. I play them in English, so there is no point.
Isn't the Mystery Dungeon series actually the best of the pokémon's series?

Not like I followed the series that much myself... but people seems to say so at times
As a BIG fan of the serie I can tell you that the game itself is just a simple dungeon crawler. The really good thing about it is the story, a ton better than any pokémon game ever and very good overall.

Reactions: Walker D

sblast3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't imagine going back to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon after playing Shiren the Wanderer on the DS. If you like Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, I guarantee you will love Shiren the Wanderer.

RiveaJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
... Europe never had love from Nintendo. :glare:

Except, y'know, Xenoblade Chronicles being in Europe loooong before the US.

Anyway, on topic, I'm hoping for it to be similar to the original games in terms of being able to use all of the different Pokemon. I haven't played Gates as a result of that.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I found Gates to Infinity alright still. Unfortunately there weren't as many Pokémon to recruit and some features from older games such as breaking through the dungeon walls and excessive boss battles were amazing. This game had a great story but the in-game features were indeed a bit disappointing. They definitely need to bring all the good stuff back next time.

Flintiex

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm hopeful for a much better experience that GTI because if they're using the same engine there's more time to add and polish

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
well there was a lot of nice arcade pokemon game that western just gave any fuck, and now I wonder what will hwappen with this one everyone wants hahah
Back in the 90's there were a lot of arcade games that sadly were never ported to the SNES or SMD sadly. I would have loved to own a physical copy of The Simpsons Arcade.

Reactions: Sliter

storm75x

Remember that thing I don't remember? Yeah, that!
Trophies
__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲͡ ̲__
Website
www.fort42.com
XP
Country
I think I played a game demo of this series. I could never get into it.
I think I played a game demo of your mum. I could never get into her.

I am pretty sure you played the Gates to Infinity demo for the 3DS. Trying to get into the series via that game is like trying to learn how to swim in a pool of acid.
GTI really doesn't do the series justice. The previous games were amazing in its context, but then again, that set the standard bar SO DAMN HIGH.

Eon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's the consensus for best mystery dungeon game? I've only played Explorers of Darkness, but I loved it.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mystery dungeon is a okay spin off but nothing really great. You (and you're not alone) are thinking too highly of this series.
Have you ever played any of the games? I'm going to say no, you did not.

What's the consensus for best mystery dungeon game? I've only played Explorers of Darkness, but I loved it.

Sky is my favorite overall because of the special episodes that extended the story further. And time/darkness's was great.
To be honest, I liked GTI's story more than Red/Blue's. They both were great, but the last mission of GTI is what really got me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy