Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon Launching Winter 2015 on 3DS

SMD_Logo_Final_RGB.jpg
Today Nintendo announced the latest chapter in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series is coming to the Nintendo 3DS in Winter 2015.
The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced today the upcoming release of the Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon game for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the latest installment of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series that has sold more than 13 million units worldwide. Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon will be available in North America in winter 2015.

The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced today the upcoming release of the Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon game for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. (Photo: Business Wire)
Players can look forward to even greater, randomly created dungeons that change each time they enter. In Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, players will battle alongside Legendary and Mythical Pokémon to save the world in a sweeping tale of adventure and mystery.

The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world. For more information, visit www.pokemon.com.
:arrow:Source: GBAtemp Inbox

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't like the "super" in the name. Please no f2p.
Cheating whatever coins you need in isn't really an option either, as it doesn't make the game much more playable. I've tried it with the last 2 f2p games, and... No, just no.
Please, don't ruin my favorite pokemon side game for me. This is my last hope for this series.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Guys, there is no way that a Roguelike is going to be free to play. From a serie that sold a lot of copies, even.

How is that going to work? "Please wait 6 hours to get in this dungeon"? Naw man.

It's Nintendo, they find all sorts of ways to be disappointing.

If this isn't a free to play title, or as lackluster as GTI, all will be good in the world.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guys, there is no way that a Roguelike is going to be free to play. From a serie that sold a lot of copies, even.

How is that going to work? "Please wait 6 hours to get in this dungeon"? Naw man.
That probably is exactly how it would work. Buy ingame currency with real money, use said currency to buy rare items or tokens. You get a few tokens a day, entering a dungeon costs one. I kind of doubt this'll be free to play though, I think they'd probably have mentioned that.
Was this the new Pokemon game update we were waiting for? Kinda disappointed. Never really played the side games so this game doesn't really interest me. :(
Just play Explorers of Sky, it's really good. Ignore basically every other side game (although Pokemon Ranger 2 is neat if you don't mind wrecking your touch screen. I'd say 1 but 2 has some major gameplay improvements over it, and 3 was just more of the same).

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance Nintendo will ever release a Pokemon platformer? A Pokemon game, in the mold of PSX Spyro, for Wii U would be such a massive hit.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
...did you ever actually play the game?
"Hurr durr did you play the game"
Fucking please, stop with that shitty argument, if I'm posting that, it's obviously because I did. The game wasn't challenging at all compared to the Rescue or Explorers games.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There was hunger in the post-game, do I seriously need to take a screenshot of the last dungeon's menu screen? Seriously, just admit you're wrong, and let's leave it at that. Not gonna reply to any of your future replies either, I'm done. GtI was lame, that's it.

Xeogran

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Poland
This is not Gates to Infinity, since it's an UPGRADE of it's engine. They had it ready, so now they spent time on polishing it. This is why I'm believing this may be THE BEST game in the whole spin-off series so far, if done correctly.

All Pokemon in 3D, first time Arceus actually appears. ALL OF THIS IS SO AMAZING.

There is a reason why it is called SUPER Mystery Dungeon. And the first batch they serve us is that we can actually recruit Legendaries and fight alongside them.

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeaah, last game was very slow also, you could not even skip cutscenes or speed up the text, I spend like 2 hours just getting through the tutorial-ish segement

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Isn't the Mystery Dungeon series actually the best of the pokémon's series?

Not like I followed the series that much myself... but people seems to say so at times

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30